Georgia State Title games

TheMaximumHornetSting

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

He wasn't a 4 or 5 star either. Here's the difference between recruited teams as home grown who earned it. I guarantee graysons parking lot looked nothing like this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/681256249304293/permalink/855202521909664/

You as usual would be wrong.  Hundreds of us gathered back at the field and welcomed the team home and celebrated for more than an hour.  By the way, since I know you haven't seen one in a long time, here's a picture of the trophy.

20201231_001019.jpg

20201231_000559.jpg

20201231_002900.jpg

Just now, Fred said:

You as usual would be wrong.  Hundreds of us gathered back at the field and welcomed the team home and celebrated for more than an hour.  By the way, since I know you haven't seen one in a long time, here's a picture of the trophy.

20201231_001019.jpg

20201231_000559.jpg

20201231_002900.jpg

Congrats on the state title Uncle Jesse.  How is BB for the Rams this year.  

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The Garcias will shit on anybody if it advances their wishes and wants. Not needs, but, wants. As has been pointed out several times, Jake had offers already. He had his choice of where he wanted to play his college ball. It wasn't a need to play this season but a want and they literally lied on paperwork in Valdosta costing that team several wins, then moved to Grayson and displaced yet another qb on their path of shitting on others to satisfy their wants. 

We then had to sit through an interview with Coach Carter trying to sell us on the character of these people. Haha. Hell nah. 

They had a lot help from the GHSA along the way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m thinking it was the least difficult power hsfb state of the five to xfer into? I’m sure they considered FL and TX too. After moving to GA, I’m guessing it was just more convenient to stay in state rather than move OOS again. 

I actually agree with you. Georgia has a wild west reputation for players moving.

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Congrats on the state title Uncle Jesse.  How is BB for the Rams this year.  

Thanks!  BB team is looking pretty good.  They've won some tournaments in the past couple of weeks.  I think they will be in the run at the end of the year but like in football this year, there will more than a little bit of luck just getting there with the possibility of Covid taking the team down.

Just now, Fred said:

Thanks!  BB team is looking pretty good.  They've won some tournaments in the pat couple of weeks.  I think they will be in the run at the end of the year but like in football this year, there will more than a little bit of luck just getting there with the possibility of Covid taking the team down.

Hoover girls are real good we lost a starter a month ago but are still 16-0.  Boys have a new coach 13-4 but are improving. 4 losses are by 8 points.   So far the out of state tournaments are a no go for Hoover.  

14 minutes ago, Fred said:

20201231_001019.jpg

20201231_000559.jpg

20201231_002900.jpg

Like i said nothing like the video I posted. 30 rams fans vs an entire town. The sooner you realize the joke that is grayson the better. Posting trophies means nothing especially to a team that has more and won them without recruiting players from 5 states.

You also lied and said that watson has no contact with rams players or the program an we both knew that was a lie when you said it. Some people will take lies to their graves for things they cherish.

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Like i said nothing like the video I posted. 30 rams fans vs an entire town. The sooner you realize the joke that is grayson the better. Posting trophies means nothing especially to a team that has more and won them without recruiting players from 5 states.

You also lied and said that watson has no contact with rams players or the program an we both knew that was a lie when you said it. Some people will take lies to their graves for things they cherish.

This explains so much.  You can't count!  No wonder you post the stuff you do.

Answer the question.  When was the last time Lowndes won a title?  We are waiting....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

...  Posting trophies means nothing especially to a team that has more and won them without recruiting players from 5 states.

You are claiming to not have transfers to Lowndes on those teams?  That is hilarious!  I've seen the posts for years about kids moving back and forth between Valdosta and Lowndes and those posts were by Wildcat and Vikings fans!

Watson has no official ties to the team and hasn't for some time.  Funny how how you trash talk him and yet there are plenty of S GA players that have used his services.  I'm sure you will take that thought about Grayson to your grave.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

We will all be dead and gone before grayson wins a game with kids solely from grayson

By your definition, we never will.  There will never be a time when only someone that came home from the hospital after being born to the Grayson attendance zone makes up the entire team.  There is too much growth and opportunity in the area.  People move around.  Get over it.

Still waiting for you to tell us when the last time Lowndes won a championship...

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

None of the GA Champs from the 4A class and higher have 100% of their rostered players from one town, city or district. 

Which is a serious problem that should be addressed. Its exactly why folks like me will bang the drum about it and keep the pressure on the GHSA about it. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fred said:

What is your definition of home grown or local?

It ain't a kid from Newton rolling in to play football at Grayson and then "moving back" to Newton to graduate with a ring. 

It ain't a kid from California that transferred in mid season after getting caught up as ineligible at the school he started the season at and tweeted about how how he couldn't wait to bring the Georgia 7A state championship ring back home to Cali. 

It ain't them. Good enough definitions of what it ain't for ya? 

• Thanks 1

The problem with those two aforementioned, and probably a host of others like them that participate in similar eligibility issues and loopholes, is, there is no repercussions for the activity after the fact. 

The only risk for them and the receiving school is if they get caught red handed, ie. Garcia at Valdosta. Of course we know that the Garcias were then allowed to move yet again and participate as if nothing happened and only Valdosta ended up suffering any type of punishment at all, and even then, they were still allowed to participate in the playoffs after. 

Garcia was allowed to participate in the playoffs as well. Del Rio. Not sure about Borders. 

With no definitive punishments and a wishy washy type of "investigation" and "punishment" appearing to be applied differently depending on who and what school has been involved, there has been little to no attempts at actually stopping this type activity. 

The day the GHSA stops pussy footing about it and shutting teams out of playoff entries along with lengths of probation and taking eligibility from students and families for sure that year and potentially even a following depending on how blatant their violation was, will be the day that schools actually make sure the paperwork is good and their athletes are on the up and up. 

Until then, we'll continue having these little deals where its a circle about what should be allowed and what shouldn't. The circle where someone's team gets to take home and trophy and pretend to be appalled at the questionable participations that have become an earmark of their team and school. 

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It ain't a kid from Newton rolling in to play football at Grayson and then "moving back" to Newton to graduate with a ring. 

It ain't a kid from California that transferred in mid season after getting caught up as ineligible at the school he started the season at and tweeted about how how he couldn't wait to bring the Georgia 7A state championship ring back home to Cali. 

It ain't them. Good enough definitions of what it ain't for ya? 

No it isn't.  You take two cases that everyone including me agree that are extremes and make it seem as though that is the norm.  I want to know what you think would be acceptable.  These two are at one end of the spectrum.  The other end is born in the district and never moved with preferably at least one generation ahead of them.  Is there an in between?

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The problem with those two aforementioned, and probably a host of others like them that participate in similar eligibility issues and loopholes, is, there is no repercussions for the activity after the fact. 

The only risk for them and the receiving school is if they get caught red handed, ie. Garcia at Valdosta. Of course we know that the Garcias were then allowed to move yet again and participate as if nothing happened and only Valdosta ended up suffering any type of punishment at all, and even then, they were still allowed to participate in the playoffs after. 

Garcia was allowed to participate in the playoffs as well. Del Rio. Not sure about Borders. 

With no definitive punishments and a wishy washy type of "investigation" and "punishment" appearing to be applied differently depending on who and what school has been involved, there has been little to no attempts at actually stopping this type activity. 

The day the GHSA stops pussy footing about it and shutting teams out of playoff entries along with lengths of probation and taking eligibility from students and families for sure that year and potentially even a following depending on how blatant their violation was, will be the day that schools actually make sure the paperwork is good and their athletes are on the up and up. 

Until then, we'll continue having these little deals where its a circle about what should be allowed and what shouldn't. The circle where someone's team gets to take home and trophy and pretend to be appalled at the questionable participations that have become an earmark of their team and school. 

There are a whole host of things GHSA could and probably should investigate.  The reality is the schools that make up the entity decide what is important to them. They have clearly decided what pushes their buttons.  The loopholes are there and everyone knows of them.  The schools have had the chance to close them.  They chose to change the double transfer.  Good.  It needed to be done.  The transfer rules have been been modified over the years to get to where they are.  We have been on the end of one of the consequences of transfer issues.  I know the GHSA watches us like a hawk. 

This is an observation that believe it or not is not based on Jake coming to Grayson.  Decades ago, I was the unfortunate participant in the legal process with a divorce.  Things move at the court's will and timeline.  It is entirely possible that the Garcias thought the paperwork had or would be completed in time for everything to be right and the court was slower than they thought.  I'm not saying that is what happened.  I'm saying it is a possibility especially with everything delayed or canceled by Covid.  Everyone was so quick to jump on them.  Sometimes, things are what people say they even though it may not look like it.  I don't walk in their shoes so I don't know.  I've gradually learned especially these last years to not try to attribute motives to other people.  It is kind of like saying you understand the growth in the metro area and how mobile people are when you don't live here and see it every day.  It is easy to attribute nefarious motives to people moving around when in your (in general you, not you specifically) experience it is difficult to do so and therefore there must be ulterior motives due to the magnitude of the effort.  Yes, I know the move from California is huge but that is the outlier.  I think parents will do a lot to give their kids a chance at a better future.  I don't know that I would do it to that degree but I can understand why others will.  After watching some of the bowl games and seeing the talent out there, I can understand why people want to try to give their kid every possible opportunity.

8 hours ago, Fred said:

There are a whole host of things GHSA could and probably should investigate.  The reality is the schools that make up the entity decide what is important to them. They have clearly decided what pushes their buttons.  The loopholes are there and everyone knows of them.  The schools have had the chance to close them.  They chose to change the double transfer.  Good.  It needed to be done.  The transfer rules have been been modified over the years to get to where they are.  We have been on the end of one of the consequences of transfer issues.  I know the GHSA watches us like a hawk. 

This is an observation that believe it or not is not based on Jake coming to Grayson.  Decades ago, I was the unfortunate participant in the legal process with a divorce.  Things move at the court's will and timeline.  It is entirely possible that the Garcias thought the paperwork had or would be completed in time for everything to be right and the court was slower than they thought.  I'm not saying that is what happened.  I'm saying it is a possibility especially with everything delayed or canceled by Covid.  Everyone was so quick to jump on them.  Sometimes, things are what people say they even though it may not look like it.  I don't walk in their shoes so I don't know.  I've gradually learned especially these last years to not try to attribute motives to other people.  It is kind of like saying you understand the growth in the metro area and how mobile people are when you don't live here and see it every day.  It is easy to attribute nefarious motives to people moving around when in your (in general you, not you specifically) experience it is difficult to do so and therefore there must be ulterior motives due to the magnitude of the effort.  Yes, I know the move from California is huge but that is the outlier.  I think parents will do a lot to give their kids a chance at a better future.  I don't know that I would do it to that degree but I can understand why others will.  After watching some of the bowl games and seeing the talent out there, I can understand why people want to try to give their kid every possible opportunity.

These are the reasons there are private schools. Go to a GISA school. 

I very well understand there are instances when people that have actually did stuff right could get caught up in slow courts or whatever, but, I'm going with Mr. Spock logic that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 

The GHSA pretends to want to curb questionable activity, but, the do very little by way of punishments for said activity. Either for the participating school or student athlete. Basically they let the many be shit on for the needs/wants of a very few. 

I too can understand why people would do things. Its why we need something more from the GHSA. We need those loopholes that you say everyone knows about to be closed. People and even coaches and schools will shit on everyone else to further their wants and that's exactly what the GHSA ought to be making sure does not happen. However, I feel like we are dealing with a lot of attitudes like yours.

"We can understand why, so, if they're privileged enough to be able to do it, we don't really care." 

In the simplest of terms, it boils down to "Fuck the ones that aren't privileged enough."

• Like 1

Personally, and having seen it up close; some of these coaches are playing games with the rules and not "manning' up and doing the right thing. The "right" thing in a coaches view penalizes the player... the coach not always but some tell the player/parents what they want to hear. Then when it's getting hot in the kitchen some of these spineless fucking excuse for coaches start walking it back.

So, right now I'm looking at the coach for the "trigger' for this sequence of events, the GHSA is made up of members and for the most part is powerless to enforce. These type of things fall upon the member schools to maintain a standard of integrity and moral compass.

You're gonna tell me, the Garcias flew over eleventy bajillion schools from Cali and just "landed" on Georgia? Grayson didn't NEED  that QB, Grayson was rolling and would have rolled to the ship regardless.. Collins Hill or anybody was no match for Grayson this year.

No one member school is immune from this bullshit, it just so happens to be at the highest class in a very strong public state.

bgw

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Personally, and having seen it up close; some of these coaches are playing games with the rules and not "manning' up and doing the right thing. The "right" thing in a coaches view penalizes the player... the coach not always but some tell the player/parents what they want to hear. Then when it's getting hot in the kitchen some of these spineless fucking excuse for coaches start walking it back.

So, right now I'm looking at the coach for the "trigger' for this sequence of events, the GHSA is made up of members and for the most part is powerless to enforce. These type of things fall upon the member schools to maintain a standard of integrity and moral compass.

You're gonna tell me, the Garcias flew over eleventy bajillion schools from Cali and just "landed" on Georgia? Grayson didn't NEED  that QB, Grayson was rolling and would have rolled to the ship regardless.. Collins Hill or anybody was no match for Grayson this year.

No one member school is immune from this bullshit, it just so happens to be at the highest class in a very strong public state.

bgw

This is true. No coach, school or program is free from sin 100 percent. Its far too easy to see others doing something and say "well if they can, we can too." 

I feel like the entirety of the GHSA is polluted or convoluted by the metro area schools wants. The idea that it's ok to shit on everyone because "we can understand why" parents do what they do, is troubling to me. I totally thought that was why we had rules and a governing body, in order to keep it fair and that out of the system. It turns out to be that we have rules to give an illusion apparently. The problem for the GHSA is that the illusion is fading away with each one of these very high profile deals that don't exactly pass the smell test.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is true. No coach, school or program is free from sin 100 percent. Its far too easy to see others doing something and say "well if they can, we can too." 

I feel like the entirety of the GHSA is polluted or convoluted by the metro area schools wants. The idea that it's ok to shit on everyone because "we can understand why" parents do what they do, is troubling to me. I totally thought that was why we had rules and a governing body, in order to keep it fair and that out of the system. It turns out to be that we have rules to give an illusion apparently. The problem for the GHSA is that the illusion is fading away with each one of these very high profile deals that don't exactly pass the smell test.  

It is a zoo in Metro, too many moving parts and factors to each and everyone of those moving parts.

Some of it is downright bullshit. 

bgw

• Like 1