Point Spreads on Opening Weekend Games

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Damn 5 dimes up early this year.

STA getting 11 in Florida and chandler getting 28 are solid bets. 

Ga guys, cartesville going to cover ? 

The only team that beat BTrail by that much last year was Mainland. And BTrail is expected to be better... while Im really not sure about Cartersville yet considering the talent they lost at WR. 

Itll be right at 14-17 probably, its really 50-50 on whether they cover. Thats a good line.

• Like 1

STA covers (imo, STA-SJB is a toss up)

BG covers (7 is a good spread though)

Chandler covers (IMG isnt going to win by 28... maybe by 14-17)

Cartersville covers (this is also a good, close spread, I could see a 42-24, 38-21 type game... idk if Id go C'ville in a 17 point spread or not at game time.... its a close one)

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

STA covers (imo, STA-SJB is a toss up)

BG covers (7 is a good spread though)

Chandler covers (IMG isnt going to win by 28... maybe by 14-17)

Agree w this.... BG -7 in Vegas is pretty accurate imo. Would be pick em on nuetral field. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Agree w this.... BG -7 in Vegas is pretty accurate imo. Would be pick em on nuetral field. 

Really interesting since this is an actual betting site.  I agree with you:  if this was on a neutral field DeMatha and Bishop Gorman are being judged by an independent betting site as equal.

37 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Is the BC/MD line up yet? 

No, because it's not a week 1 game. 

Im pretty certain there will be a line on it though. Considering sjb is -11 over Saint Thomas aquinas in Florida I'd expect MD to be 28 point favorite in California if not more.. 

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Why are y'all going with chandler over img?

I think chandler is a slightly inferior version of Corona centennial in terms of offense. 

They prob think chandler can win a shoot out. 

This is an obvious point but I think img season is dependent on how well the nj kid Sitkowski plays at QB. Can he develop into a better passer than mond? Because he can run but not like kellen. 

10 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I think chandler is a slightly inferior version of Corona centennial in terms of offense. 

They prob think chandler can win a shoot out. 

This is an obvious point but I think img season is dependent on how well the nj kid Sitkowski plays at QB. Can he develop into a better passer than mond? Because he can run but not like kellen. 

I think IMG SHOULD be able to run the ball on most everyone save a few.   With the lineman they have they should grind clock on the ground and hit homeruns on playactions when the D cheats.   

They will certanly miss Monds running ability.  His designed runs were the most consistent offense for them last year IMO.   They used him like a Tim Tebow of sorts.  Don't think they can pull that off with Sitkowski.