Final 2020 MaxPreps Top 25 Rankings

GardenStateBaller

18 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Texas with 6....

Flawda with 4.... sorry, GSB. IMG don't count.

Indiana with 2... .

The rest of the slapdicks with one.

Here's the link....

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/2DMuAa31mkeKS86HNqMe2w/high-school-football-rankings--austin-westlake-climbs-to-no-3-in-maxpreps-top-25-after-winning-texas-6a-division-1-title.htm

bgw

They are complete idiots at maxpreps gsb are a two peas in a pod.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Texas with 6....

Flawda with 4.... sorry, GSB. IMG don't count.

Indiana with 2... .

The rest of the slapdicks with one.

Here's the link....

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/2DMuAa31mkeKS86HNqMe2w/high-school-football-rankings--austin-westlake-climbs-to-no-3-in-maxpreps-top-25-after-winning-texas-6a-division-1-title.htm

bgw

Only 1 from ga?  In a year where many states did not play?  Que paso?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These rankings are preposterous. First of all, who has Corner Canyon played that warrants them a Top 10 finish? Bingham, Lone Peak, Skyridge? Lolllll. Same goes for St. Joseph's Prep. They've played nobody and yet they're as high as 3rd. Chandler too high too. Thompson is a little more respectable. 

North Shore would definitely not lose to Corner Canyon, Chandler or SJP. And on any given day, Grayson could lose to NS or Austin Westlake. And neither Duncanville or Katy should be ranked below Ryan. But hey, i'm not the one getting paid to make rankings. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

These rankings are preposterous. First of all, who has Corner Canyon played that warrants them a Top 10 finish? Bingham, Lone Peak, Skyridge? Lolllll. Same goes for St. Joseph's Prep. They've played nobody and yet they're as high as 3rd. Chandler too high too. Thompson is a little more respectable. 

North Shore would definitely not lose to Corner Canyon, Chandler or SJP. And on any given day, Grayson could lose to NS or Austin Westlake. And neither Duncanville or Katy should be ranked below Ryan. But hey, i'm not the one getting paid to make rankings. 

Grayson ain't losing to anybody...other than maybe IMG who is in another category of their own pulling kids from all over the country. Grayson's defense allowed 7 points per game - against heavy hitters - and averaged over 30 on offense and that is after taking the foot off the gas at halftime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Georgia Baller said:

Grayson ain't losing to anybody...other than maybe IMG who is in another category of their own pulling kids from all over the country. Grayson's defense allowed 7 points per game - against heavy hitters - and averaged over 30 on offense and that is after taking the foot off the gas at halftime.

You're right, they ain't losing to anybody...except for IMG and Austin Westlake, and maybe North Shore on a good day. Westlake averaged 52 points per game, and defense only allowed 5 ppg, and all of that against better competition than what Grayson faced. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Georgia Baller said:

Most top Ga teams aren't losing to texas powers or others in the top 25 due to the fact Georgia plays defense. Grayson being the built team that they are was the only reason they stand out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 7:28 PM, WILKINSON said:

What's preposterous is a Texas fan complaining about rankings that severely overrate Texas teams. There are 3 Texas teams in the top 8 including the laughable Denton Ryan.

North Shore lost to Westlake. They could certainly lose to Chandler and SJP at the very least.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Most top Ga teams aren't losing to texas powers or others in the top 25 due to the fact Georgia plays defense. Grayson being the built team that they are was the only reason they stand out. 

Grayson was actually about 90% homegrown this year - we got the qb heading to Miami, we had an honest move in from Buford that was a big help, we had an honest move in from New Jersey that was responsible for a few touchdowns. But the rb's, offense and defense lines and linebackers were for the most part local kids who played well together thru middle school. The went undefeated in 8th grade, freshman 9th grade team, lost 1 game as sophomores and most have been varsity since - my boy was a nose guard on the team (class of 2021)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

You're right, they ain't losing to anybody...except for IMG and Austin Westlake, and maybe North Shore on a good day. Westlake averaged 52 points per game, and defense only allowed 5 ppg, and all of that against better competition than what Grayson faced. 

No Texas teams this year - I'd even have to see IMG beat them to believe it - there defense is that strong and fast. And Garcia - when he finally took over the starting spot at game 7 or 8 - could score at will. It's all talk at this point - but I think the ratings got it pretty dang close and the Calpreps predictor was scary close to the actual game results.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia Baller said:

No Texas teams this year - I'd even have to see IMG beat them to believe it - there defense is that strong and fast. And Garcia - when he finally took over the starting spot at game 7 or 8 - could score at will. It's all talk at this point - but I think the ratings got it pretty dang close and the Calpreps predictor was scary close to the actual game results.

IMG would absolutely, positively beat Grayson. And fairly comfortably.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 8:57 AM, Georgia Baller said:

Grayson did not play a heavy-hitting schedule this year.

And 112 divided by 14 is 8 points per game.

And did they take their foot off the gas against Archer (26-7) or Mill Creek (20-13)?

15 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

I don't know about that. Westlake’s schedule was incredibly soft prior to their last two games. Westlake vs Grayson would be a good game. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don't know about that. Westlake’s schedule was incredibly soft prior to their last two games. Westlake vs Grayson would be a good game. 

I’m sorry to say that it wouldn’t be. Westlake is very overrated & would lose by a lot because they really don’t play defense.

Something like Westlake 7 - Grayson 28

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:16 AM, Ga96 said:

They are complete idiots at maxpreps gsb are a two peas in a pod.

The only reason Texas teams are there is probably because California didn’t play.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 - #1 and #2.

IMG - #3

Grayson - #4 because defense 

SJP, Chandler, Thompson, STA, Corner Canyon 

Trinity, Ky - #10

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Georgia Baller said:

Grayson was actually about 90% homegrown this year - we got the qb heading to Miami, we had an honest move in from Buford that was a big help, we had an honest move in from New Jersey that was responsible for a few touchdowns. But the rb's, offense and defense lines and linebackers were for the most part local kids who played well together thru middle school. The went undefeated in 8th grade, freshman 9th grade team, lost 1 game as sophomores and most have been varsity since - my boy was a nose guard on the team (class of 2021)

Im not going to go back and forth with grayson fans about the lies they continue to project. You can go right here https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/3632and see that more than 10% of Graysons players that actually get in the game are not homegrown. Either your coach is lying or your parents are. I went and checked the roster from top to bottom. 

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Im not going to go back and forth with grayson fans about the lies they continue to project. You can go right here https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/3632and see that more than 10% of Graysons players that actually get in the game are not homegrown. Either your coach is lying or your parents are. I went and checked the roster from top to bottom. 

Got a kid on the team - I know who is home grown and who ain't - I listed the 3 bigs...The original qb went to Cartersville, the receiver going to UF never played a down because of injury and those 2 soaked up all the hype before the season ever started...those kids play together as a team so well it is scary.

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

It’s because Mill Creek and Archer have sophisticated defense.

Well Archer was a top 10 team at the time and we didn't have our starting qb at the time. Also - Mill creek game - no starting QB, key offensive line members were out and Mill creek played a heck of a game on a cold rainy night.. BUT - Grayson got it done, got  healthy and went on to be a contender for the best team in the country this year.

37 minutes ago, Georgia Baller said:

Well Archer was a top 10 team at the time and we didn't have our starting qb at the time. Also - Mill creek game - no starting QB, key offensive line members were out and Mill creek played a heck of a game on a cold rainy night.. BUT - Grayson got it done, got  healthy and went on to be a contender for the best team in the country this year.

You don't go to double OT with 5-6 Mill Creek and be a contender for the best team in the country.

You're delusional if you think otherwise.