Former Michigan hsfb coach Noel Dean hired at Tifton

Ga96

44 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

According to gsb this wasn't a national job. 

no probbably not so much advertised that way but Tift Co has potential and coaches in other states do look at openings in GA.  their (tift) woes arent due to a lack of athletes and players, at least not in the past.  they could be good and wouldn't surprise me if northern coaches would look at openings down south.  GA pays their coaches the right way, whatever way that is, but its a good amount and attracts talented coaches.  A MI coach might get a 6K-10K stipend for his services and make 10xs that in GA if done right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They were forced to hire their 3-4th choice. Sad day for Tift. Hiring an out-of-work HC from a no-name hsfb state like Michigan is just bad. 

Their #1 choice was the the worst one of all. Hiring rodemaker would've been celebrated by everyone tift opponent in region 1.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let's see if this coach can get everyone on board and delete Mommy/Daddy ball.....

That will strengthen Region 1, cuz I want them at full strength beating the shit out of each other so when Buford makes that jump to 7A swoops in and snags the hardware.

bgw

He told them to get on board or leave at the meeting last night.

As far as us beating on each other we welcome that. Nothing region 1 likes more than having an all region 1 final 4.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I'm not sure Colquitt would have been celebrating. Remind me again how Lowndes did against him as our DC.

Everybody wanted to see Rodemaker go to Tift except the Colquitt people.  We know what the man can do defensively.  So we pay him exceptionally well...and keep him hear Tate.  I hope Tift hired the right guy.  Nobody knows at this point...but I don't see a problem in them Blue Devils being optimistic.  We hafta replace Crawford...which I understand we're looking hard at doing...but hey, we could win a few games this fall...(Smile).

Rufus>>

25 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Hopefully he is successful there.

Anyone else think he looks a bit like a cross between John Goodman and Flounder from Animal House, if they were wearing Joe Pa glasses?

image.png.669c2d591f659c9669bb321c5f78c9ba.png

image.png.abc8eb5abefe0e9375c0fcaf15f9f92d.png

image.png.129addf87c22bf68a5ea8887398631d5.png

Yeah those pictures hit the rounds in the football groups about 5mins after they announced him as the HC.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2021 at 7:31 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

They were forced to hire their 3-4th choice. Sad day for Tift. Hiring an out-of-work HC from a no-name hsfb state like Michigan is just bad. 

Shame on you

the guy has not even taking his his first Southern ply wipe and you’re shitting all over him

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I'm not sure Colquitt would have been celebrating. Remind me again how Lowndes did against him as our DC.

I could just remind you of how Lowndes did against him as a head coach. From what ive been told by a Lowndes coach about that game i have no problems with final. Lets just say it wasn't a mistake.