Jump to content

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Severino said:

Is it considered a transfer if you graduate from your current school this June and then play for a post-graduate club team in the Fall?

Don’t let it bother you. You know they are only doing it to make you mad 😡 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Don’t let it bother you. You know they are only doing it to make you mad 😡 

Just wanted to make sure Bishop Sycamore High School is following all the NFHS and NCAA rules for reclassifying.  Oh that's right, there are no such rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Severino said:

Just wanted to make sure Bishop Sycamore High School is following all the NFHS and NCAA rules for reclassifying.  Oh that's right, there are no such rules.

oh there's rules. .just BSHS don't follow them lol

These are NCAA rules, as for NFHS they don't make rules like this they just have suggestions and the state high school athletic association follow those suggests and don't allow 5th years players to play.

Although there are some covid addendums that technically do allow for reclassifying well sort of.. Basically you don't have to graduate on time (8 semesters) you can take up until college enrollment in the fall to get the 16 core and graduate (basically the spring and summer) also instead of only being able to take 1 core course post grad you can take up to 6 BUT you do still have to have had the 10 core credits done before the start of your 7th semester. No SAT or ACT is required either. Just a 2.3 or 2.0 for academic redshirt

 

This is the non covid qualifier

Student athletes have 10 semesters to start competing at NCAA institutions after their first day of High School. All Academic Considerations MUST be fulfilled in the FIRST 8 SEMESTERS A Student may use 1-3 classes of work at a Prep School as a POST GRADUATE student provided they graduated from High School in 8 semesters (on time). A student may choose to reclassify (repeat a grade level) and not lose year of eligibility, provided they are full qualifiers after the first 8 semesters of High School.

 

So basically the covid rule allows extra time past the first 8 semesters.. the spirit of the rule is to allow for academic time lost to covid to get academically qualified not to get an extra year to play to get offered.

 

Students enrolling in Division I schools also will be allowed up to six core courses completed after starting the seventh semester of high school and before full-time enrollment in college, regardless of whether the student graduated on time or when the courses are completed. This approach will allow students impacted by school closures to complete additional core courses toward their initial eligibility

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

oh there's rules. .just BSHS don't follow them lol

These are NCAA rules, as for NFHS they don't make rules like this they just have suggestions and the state high school athletic association follow those suggests and don't allow 5th years players to play.

Although there are some covid addendums that technically do allow for reclassifying well sort of.. Basically you don't have to graduate on time (8 semesters) you can take up until college enrollment in the fall to get the 16 core and graduate (basically the spring and summer) also instead of only being able to take 1 core course post grad you can take up to 6 BUT you do still have to have had the 10 core credits done before the start of your 7th semester. No SAT or ACT is required either. Just a 2.3 or 2.0 for academic redshirt

 

This is the non covid qualifier

Student athletes have 10 semesters to start competing at NCAA institutions after their first day of High School. All Academic Considerations MUST be fulfilled in the FIRST 8 SEMESTERS A Student may use 1-3 classes of work at a Prep School as a POST GRADUATE student provided they graduated from High School in 8 semesters (on time). A student may choose to reclassify (repeat a grade level) and not lose year of eligibility, provided they are full qualifiers after the first 8 semesters of High School.

 

So basically the covid rule allows extra time past the first 8 semesters.. the spirit of the rule is to allow for academic time lost to covid to get academically qualified not to get an extra year to play to get offered.

 

Students enrolling in Division I schools also will be allowed up to six core courses completed after starting the seventh semester of high school and before full-time enrollment in college, regardless of whether the student graduated on time or when the courses are completed. This approach will allow students impacted by school closures to complete additional core courses toward their initial eligibility

 

 

 

Hello Cod! We are following the rules lol!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wendywuuu said:

Hello Cod! We are following the rules lol!!!! 

LOL, no your not. Your calling yourselves and trying to pass yourselves off as a high school team and have post grad players. Even players that don't even go to school..  So what rules are you following?  Certainly not the same rules sanctioned high schools follow and you are not NCAA approved as a high school. At least Bishop Sycamore High School is not.

https://web3.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction

High School Summary
NCAA High School Code 852378
CEEB Code  
High School Name BISHOP SYCAMORE HIGH SCHOOL
Address 3599 CHILLER LN
COLUMBUS
OH - 43219
Primary Contact Name ANDRE PETERSON
Primary Contact Phone 614-695-4800
Primary Contact Fax Not Available
Primary Contact Email info@bishopsycamore.org
Secondary Contact Name DAVE BROWN
Secondary Contact Phone 6146954800
Secondary Contact Fax Not Available
Secondary Contact Email dbrown@bishopsycamore.org
School Website Https://www.bishopsycamore.org
Link to Online Course Catalog/Program of Studies Not Available
Last Update of List of NCAA Courses Not Updated
Other Teams Formally Affiliated No teams data found

Courses and proof of graduation may not be used in the initial-eligibility certification process at this time. Upon rendering of a decision, courses and proof of graduation may or may not be used in the initial-eligibility certification process, depending on account status.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

LOL, no your not. Your calling yourselves and trying to pass yourselves off as a high school team and have post grad players. Even players that don't even go to school..  So what rules are you following?  Certainly not the same rules sanctioned high schools follow and you are not NCAA approved as a high school. At least Bishop Sycamore High School is not.

https://web3.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction

High School Summary
NCAA High School Code 852378
CEEB Code  
High School Name BISHOP SYCAMORE HIGH SCHOOL
Address 3599 CHILLER LN
COLUMBUS
OH - 43219
Primary Contact Name ANDRE PETERSON
Primary Contact Phone 614-695-4800
Primary Contact Fax Not Available
Primary Contact Email info@bishopsycamore.org
Secondary Contact Name DAVE BROWN
Secondary Contact Phone 6146954800
Secondary Contact Fax Not Available
Secondary Contact Email dbrown@bishopsycamore.org
School Website Https://www.bishopsycamore.org
Link to Online Course Catalog/Program of Studies Not Available
Last Update of List of NCAA Courses Not Updated
Other Teams Formally Affiliated No teams data found

Courses and proof of graduation may not be used in the initial-eligibility certification process at this time. Upon rendering of a decision, courses and proof of graduation may or may not be used in the initial-eligibility certification process, depending on account status.

 

We are not trying to pass off anything. We are no different than let’s say a MAPL school. We are a high school that allows for a reclassifying of a student. We are a part of a NFHS affiliate member just like MAPL, WCAC, etc. As far as the NCAA is concerned we have called them and it is ok that we use a third party educational platform that is NCAA approved. Lastly, our students go to school! You clearly know all of this, your family is in education so you know how we are doing this. My question for you is why are you asking questions you know the answers to. Unless you are trying to educate the rest of the bloggers. 🤔☺️😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wendywuuu said:

We are not trying to pass off anything. We are no different than let’s say a MAPL school. We are a high school that allows for a reclassifying of a student. We are a part of a NFHS affiliate member just like MAPL, WCAC, etc. As far as the NCAA is concerned we have called them and it is ok that we use a third party educational platform that is NCAA approved. Lastly, our students go to school! You clearly know all of this, your family is in education so you know how we are doing this. My question for you is why are you asking questions you know the answers to. Unless you are trying to educate the rest of the bloggers. 🤔☺️😘

That is exactly what I am doing, educating the bloggers. More so anyone who may be onlooking that don't know the rules.  Being you seem to want to come here and be transparent about the program then let's deal in facts. So what NFHS affiliate association are you a part of?  I call BS on that one.

I will even help you.. Here is the list of NFHS affiliate members.. Pick one fyi.. The Mid-Atlantic Prep League is definitely not NFHS affiliated in any way

https://www.nfhs.org/resources/state-association-listing

Yes it is ok you use a third party as far as NCAA approved courses provided that third party has been approved by the NCAA. American Academy is indeed an approved course provider for home schoolers but that is the school not BS. They have no "blended academies"

https://www.nationalhomeschool.com/

BS is simply a football program whose kids homeschool through an online provider while meeting in an building somewhere. That's the truth of it. Basically you are just like these guys and others like them but they are not high schools. Seems to be a few of them in and around Atlanta and a bunch in FLA as well. Simple question can Bishop Sycamore High School issue a legal high school diploma that the NCAA will recognize? 

formally Georgia Prep Sports Academy. You know where NC A&T's new WR signee is from

http://championprepacademy.org/oldsite/academicrequirement.php

 

"Lastly, our students go to school!"

Some do but not all. We have already seen evidence of past players who stated some kids didn't go to school. Going to school being defined as taking online course in a building somewhere

Did the NC A&T WR take classes?. I mean why would he? He was already qualified and recruited through Georgia Prep Sports Academy... This is the real reason he didn't put anything out on twitter or anywhere that he was playing for you all. Could be a possible violation and deem him ineligible at that. just saying.. 

https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/academic-standards-initial-eligibility

Q:Can a student participate in an athletic contest, a tryout or any type of team or group training or practices with a non-school team in that same sport between August 1 and May 31?

A; No, a member of an interscholastic football team may not participate in an athletic contest, a tryout or any type of team or group training or practices with a non-school team in that same sport between August 1 and May 31.

 

 

 

https://ncataggies.com/news/2021/2/3/aggies-announce-17-new-aggies-on-signing-day.aspx

The additional 10 new Aggies are wide receivers Sterling Berkhalter (6-4, 186, Cincinnati, Ohio, Georgia Prep Sports), Elijah Bowick (6-1, 216, Charlotte, N.C., Virginia Tech, Myers Park HS); defensive back Shawn Chappell (6-2, 180, Durham, N.C., Southern Durham HS); running back Charlie Dixon (6-2, 230, Hogansville, Ga., Callaway HS), defensive linemen Kyiev Bennermon (6-3, 300, Poughkeepsie, NY, Boston College, Spackenkill HS), Quinton Hill (6-6, 190, Havelock, NC, Havelock HS); Emmanuel Ukhueligbe (6-3, 280, Fayetteville, N.C., Saddleback CC, Army, Seventy-First HS); offensive lineman Johnathan Cannon (6-4, 250, Charlotte, N.C., Vance HS), linebacker Sam Ofurie (6-1, 210, Salem, Mass., IMG Academy) and long snapper Damien Jackson (5-11, 205, Indian Trail, N.C., Porter Ridge HS). 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

That is exactly what I am doing, educating the bloggers. More so anyone who may be onlooking that don't know the rules.  Being you seem to want to come here and be transparent about the program then let's deal in facts. So what NFHS affiliate association are you a part of? I call BS on that one.

I will even help you.. Here is the list of NFHS affiliate members.. Pick one

https://www.nfhs.org/resources/state-association-listing

Yes it is ok you use a third party as far as NCAA approved courses provided that third party has been approved by the NCAA. American Academy is indeed an approved course provider for home schoolers but that is the school not BS. They have no "blended academies"

https://www.nationalhomeschool.com/

BS is simply a football program whose kids homeschool through an online provider while meeting in an building somewhere. That's the truth of it. Basically you are just like these guys and others like them but they are not high schools. Seems to be a few of them in and around Atlanta and a bunch in FLA as well. Simple question can Bishop Sycamore High School issue a legal high school diploma that the NCAA will recognize? 

formally Georgia Prep Sports Academy. You know where NC A&T's new WR signee is from

http://championprepacademy.org/oldsite/academicrequirement.php

 

"Lastly, our students go to school!"

Some do but not all. We have already seen evidence of past players who stated some kids didn't go to school. Going to school being defined as taking online course in a building somewhere

Did the NC A&T WR take classes?. I mean why would he? He was already qualified and recruited through Georgia Prep Sports Academy... This is the real reason he didn't put anything out on twitter or anywhere that he was playing for you all. Could be a possible violation and deem him ineligible at that. just saying..

https://ncataggies.com/news/2021/2/3/aggies-announce-17-new-aggies-on-signing-day.aspx

The additional 10 new Aggies are wide receivers Sterling Berkhalter (6-4, 186, Cincinnati, Ohio, Georgia Prep Sports), Elijah Bowick (6-1, 216, Charlotte, N.C., Virginia Tech, Myers Park HS); defensive back Shawn Chappell (6-2, 180, Durham, N.C., Southern Durham HS); running back Charlie Dixon (6-2, 230, Hogansville, Ga., Callaway HS), defensive linemen Kyiev Bennermon (6-3, 300, Poughkeepsie, NY, Boston College, Spackenkill HS), Quinton Hill (6-6, 190, Havelock, NC, Havelock HS); Emmanuel Ukhueligbe (6-3, 280, Fayetteville, N.C., Saddleback CC, Army, Seventy-First HS); offensive lineman Johnathan Cannon (6-4, 250, Charlotte, N.C., Vance HS), linebacker Sam Ofurie (6-1, 210, Salem, Mass., IMG Academy) and long snapper Damien Jackson (5-11, 205, Indian Trail, N.C., Porter Ridge HS). 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m going to answer one at a time!!!! Lol

We choose TCAL; I’m not sure how that’s BS? 

 

3CF64346-147E-4B9E-A6E2-5FD610A4704F.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wendywuuu said:

We choose TCAL; I’m not sure how that’s BS 

you’re wrong they do have ‘blended academies’ our diplomas are issued by us Bishop Sycamore. these are recognized by the NCAA. You keep saying we aren’t a high school but we are by the state and by the NCAA. Our parents and students are provided this information by the state and they are comfortable with it.

if a student decides not to goto school it isn’t because we haven’t made it available. Just like any school if they decide not to goto class like they are supposed to then they will not be a part of the school. 
 

the real reason he didn’t put anything about us is because we didn’t require him to. NCAT he already had before he joined us. Violation of what? Every school that offered him after he joined us called to verify. All the schools that recruited after called us and we spoke to those recruiters. What your saying is assumption I thought we were talking FACTS? 

 


 

 

When did you become a member of TCAL?  Because you were not a member of TCAL last season and I know this as fact. See this is what I am talking about. your trying to BS me/us and I know the facts.

As for the NCAT kid I was really posing a question and offered what could be a possible NCAA violation. If he is in the clear for playing with you.. 

I already showed your diplomas can not be accepted for eligibility for NCAA , again you are talking BS... There is no evidence the state recognizes BSHS as a high school either.. I don't care what you guys print up to show parents lol  c'mon man lets see some proof not lip service.. post a copy of the schools license, diploma, accreditation anything official that can be verified will do it's ok if you want to black out the address for the kids safety and all lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

When did you become a member of TCAL?  Because you were not a member of TCAL last season and I know this as fact. See this is what I am talking about. your trying to BS me/us and I know the facts.

As for the NCAT kid I was really posing a question and offered what could be a possible NCAA violation. If he is in the clear for playing with you.. 

I already showed your diplomas can not be accepted for eligibility for NCAA , again you are talking BS... There is no evidence the state recognizes BSHS as a high school either.. I don't care what you guys print up to show parents lol  c'mon man lets see some proof not lip service.. post a copy of the schools license, diploma, accreditation anything official that can be verified will do it's ok if you want to black out the address for the kids safety and all lol

One at at a time!!! We have been a part of TCAL all since May of 2020....so you do not know that as a fact! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Wendywuuu said:

One at at a time!!! We have been a part of TCAL all since May of 2020....so you do not know that as a fact! 

 

as of September 23. 2020 you were not per a conversation I had with Mr Crain. Yes I was talking with them on some matters for some possibly interested Maryland teams. I guess you finally sent them their dues then.  I do see you listed now so that one goes as a win for you. . Tell me are you going to follow their association rules?  Because currently you don't and just so you know their NFHS approval is based on them and their teams pledging to follow these rules ( the first two not withstanding)

here are few you may have problems with.. did you not have to attest to these during the vetting process?

https://t-cal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-20-Official-Bylaws.pdf

15.3 No visible tattoos shall be on an athlete competing in a T★CAL event.

15.4 Male students in TCAL will be clean shaven at all times.

ok now the ones that matter lol

h. High-School Eligibility: Once a student has entered the 9th grade he/she has eight semesters to compete in varsity athletics. If a student transfers, does not compete, or fails a grade, the eight-semester rule is still in effect. This applies to any athletic participation at any school.

l. Graduation: No one shall take part in any contest in this organization that has graduated, whether form his/her or any other school, at home or abroad, of equal or higher rank.

m. Age: A student is not eligible for competition if he/she has reached the age of nineteen prior to September 1 of current school year

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

 

as of September 23. 2020 you were not per a conversation I had with Mr Crain. Yes I was talking with them on some matters for some possibly interested Maryland teams. I guess you finally sent them their dues then.  I do see you listed now so that one for you. . Tell me are you going to follow their association rules?  Because currently you don't and just so you know their NFHS approval is based on them and their teams pledging to follow these rules ( the first two not withstanding)

here are few you may have problems with.. did you not have to attest to these during the vetting process?

https://t-cal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-20-Official-Bylaws.pdf

15.3 No visible tattoos shall be on an athlete competing in a T★CAL event.

15.4 Male students in TCAL will be clean shaven at all times.

ok now the ones that matter lol

h. High-School Eligibility: Once a student has entered the 9th grade he/she has eight semesters to compete in varsity athletics. If a student transfers, does not compete, or fails a grade, the eight-semester rule is still in effect. This applies to any athletic participation at any school.

l. Graduation: No one shall take part in any contest in this organization that has graduated, whether form his/her or any other school, at home or abroad, of equal or higher rank.

m. Age: A student is not eligible for competition if he/she has reached the age of nineteen prior to September 1 of current school year

 

 

Yes, and they understand who we are! I’m more interested in why you would call them about Maryland schools and talk about us?  I don’t want to jump to far ahead because this is how conversations get confusing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to get back to your original statements we seem to be getting off track...why is proof for our students and parents not good enough! Since you like to call people (dr.crain etc.) why don’t you call ODE and ask them if we are a registered school or not? The reason I’m suggesting this is because you said you don’t care what we print up...you’re right it could all be bs lol so call away...I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to you..you asked I give you answers and then it’s like you don’t want it to be real or valid...we are functioning and working towards helping young men...join us and help make it better...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wendywuuu said:

I want to get back to your original statements we seem to be getting off track...why is proof for our students and parents not good enough! Since you like to call people (dr.crain etc.) why don’t you call ODE and ask them if we are a registered school or not? The reason I’m suggesting this is because you said you don’t care what we print up...you’re right it could all be bs lol so call away...I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to you..you asked I give you answers and then it’s like you don’t want it to be real or valid...we are functioning and working towards helping young men...join us and help make it better...

I have no problem with all that just your not a high school team in my opinion and you shouldn't be listed as one on MaxPreps or sell yourself as one. You are what you are and that is the same as Georgia Prep Sports Academy or whatever they are called this year and programs of that ilk. That's all.. I hope you send all the kids to college. Your noble mission is not in question here just how you are going about it is off. In my opinion

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wendywuuu said:

Ok, next question. MAPL as far as being a school that offers reclass and is listed NCAA...but to take it a step further let’s look at the PISAA...affiliate NFHS and Kiski, Valley Forge, etc members....reclass schools. 

I am very familiar with what I assume you meant the PIASAA having scheduled and played against many of them over the years as well as my sons teams competing against them. Well some of the schools whose other sports are PIASAA.  While some of them do allow 5th year players none of them are eligible to play in the PA State tournaments.  Also the PAISAA does not include football so there is that,  so none of these schools are NFHS members for football..  Many of the PIASAA schools football teams are in the Inner-AC and not NFHS affiliated but most of these private schools while they allow 5th year players they rarely have any as kids that would not be on track to graduate or have grade issues would be dismissed from the schools before then anyway

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...