How much $$$ does your football team rake in annually

Ga96

Good Lord how much do they charge those kids? 

i read somewhere there were 400 or so band members, so that would put them at $2500 per kid. Ridiculous. Not a big fan of using school activities membership dues as a profit center. I realize you need money to operate, but charging those fees (in an area that, like most places on earth, isn’t a wealthy place) is criminal. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

i read somewhere there were 400 or so band members, so that would put them at $2500 per kid. Ridiculous. Not a nig fan of using school activities membership dues as a profit center. I realize you need money to operate, but charging those fees (in an area that, like most places on earth, isn’t a wealthy place) is criminal. 

Our band fees at North Gwinnett are $500 for marching band alone. On years we travel out of state, that jumps to $2500 total per member. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

i read somewhere there were 400 or so band members, so that would put them at $2500 per kid. Ridiculous. Not a nig fan of using school activities membership dues as a profit center. I realize you need money to operate, but charging those fees (in an area that, like most places on earth, isn’t a wealthy place) is criminal. 

I highly doubt the Bridgemen are showing a profit at those rates considering how often they travel around the nation performing. Instruments are not cheap and neither are plane tickets.

Uncle BS would be the man to ask for Packer football. We probably generate around $400,000 in reserved seating ticket sales and another $100-200 thousand in general admission over 5 home games. Each playoff game will add to those totals. Factor in booster club memberships, private donations, concessions, etc. then it's possible that we generate close to $1 million.

Back when several of the big donors had kids playing, we were bringing in well over $1 million.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I highly doubt the Bridgemen are showing a profit at those rates considering how often they travel around the nation performing. Instruments are not cheap and neither are plane tickets.

Instruments are often bought or rented outside of school. Also, school rentals are usually not that expensive,  for us it's 25 bucks max. And these instruments are reused for years, even up to a decade. So over time, it adds up well in terms of profit.

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Instruments are often bought or rented outside of school. Also, school rentals are usually not that expensive,  for us it's 25 bucks max. And these instruments are reused for years, even up to a decade. So over time, it adds up well in terms of profit.

And that’s why we’re in a pandemic,  a decade of blowing on same tuba 😷 😷 🦠 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Uncle BS would be the man to ask for Packer football. We probably generate around $400,000 in reserved seating ticket sales and another $100-200 thousand in general admission over 5 home games. Each playoff game will add to those totals. Factor in booster club memberships, private donations, concessions, etc. then it's possible that we generate close to $1 million.

Back when several of the big donors had kids playing, we were bringing in well over $1 million.

Do you guys still have that Peterbilt 18wheeler

9 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

That's just to be in the band. They charge separately for trips. This year will be cheap they are only going to Orlando. They usually go to California New York and Hawaii. The band numbers are up and down. 400 kids is a bad year for Lowndes. Put it this way they set up payment plans to be in the band.

9 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

They love the band. I agree but that's how they are. I had the same reaction once i had to start paying. I don't even like our band when it comes to their style and choices in music.

50 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

They love the band. I agree but that's how they are. I had the same reaction once i had to start paying. I don't even like our band when it comes to their style and choices in music.

Good Lord that’s a lot for band, IMO. 

I will say I was impressed at the amount of noise they generated. The Marietta kids couldn’t hear each other in the huddle. 

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

@Sweetlarry

Here's the breakdown for the upcoming Orlando trip.

20210413_173609.jpg

I get that. I get the need for money if they’re traveling all over the US. I don’t like kids having to sweat their parents for $2500 (and perhaps a lot more) for extracurricular activities. 

Do you know if they have scholarships for kids who can’t afford the cost? If so, how many? It pains me to think a kid can’t be a part of their HS band because of finances. 

• Like 1