247 sports claims 2023 Alabama high school class most talented per capita in history.

HooverOutlaw

Alabama has five 5 stars for 2023 in the state with 4.8 million population 

California has 3  39.8 million population 

Texas has 5  29 million population 

Florida has 7 with 3 being out of state going to IMG  Florida 22 million population 

Georgia has 2  10.8 million population 

Example  

Alabama has 1 five star per every 990,000 persons

California has 1 five per every 13 million persons

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Second....How could they claim that when Louisiana has "4" 5* prospects with a population of 4.6 million.....

..after looking at it again I guess even at 4.9 million (not 4.8) people Alabama would still edge Louisiana out per capita in 2023, it's about time.......

..still nothing to brag about.

57 minutes ago, RedZone said:

First....Alabama has a population 4.9 million.

Second....How could they claim that when Louisiana has "4" 5* prospects with a population of 4.6 million.....

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Third....AND, why leave Louisiana off your list completely?

247 has Louisiana with 4 five stars for 2023.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama has five 5 stars for 2023 in the state with 4.8 million population 

California has 3  39.8 million population 

Texas has 5  29 million population 

Florida has 7 with 3 being out of state going to IMG  Florida 22 million population 

Georgia has 2  10.8 million population 

Example  

Alabama has 1 five star per every 990,000 persons

California has 1 five per every 13 million persons

IMG has Florida studs on its roster too. Where are the 3 IMG five star players originally from? I’m not saying it ain’t true, I’m just curious 

25 minutes ago, RedZone said:

..after looking at it again I guess even at 4.9 million (not 4.8) people Alabama would still edge Louisiana out per capita in 2023, it's about time.......

..still nothing to brag about.

In Louisiana LSU is the only player in town. Alabama still fights Auburn for players. LSU should always be loaded with talent. Georgia has the biggest talent advantage over anybody but has no titles in 40 seasons.  

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

IMG has Florida studs on its roster too. Where are the 3 IMG five star players originally from? I’m not saying it ain’t true, I’m just curious 

One is from San Bernardino (Calif.) Aquinas.

one is from St Louis 

guy on radio said 3 were from out of state I guess the 3rd one is Joenel Aguero who is from Massachusetts but is rated as the highest 4star in the state

• Thanks 1

• HooverOutlaw changed the title to 247 sports claims 2023 Alabama high school class most talented per capita in history.
8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In Louisiana LSU is the only player in town. Alabama still fights Auburn for players. LSU should always be loaded with talent. Georgia has the biggest talent advantage over anybody but has no titles in 40 seasons.  

Georgia fights with Georgia Tech (ACC).  If Tech ever gets the right fit and it'll be like the 90s again for them.  Only thing saving UGA is the SEC label.  Imagine if GT was in the SEC. 

As for LSU...IN the State...yes.  Only "player" nearby...NO!

You got Bama storming Louisiana for players...Not to mention the Mississippi schools to the East, Arkansas to the North, and the increasingly dangerous A&M out West knowing that they can now play the SEC card scoop up Louisiana talent (and Jimbo knows the pipelines).

11 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Got a long way to go before these kids rankings are finalized.

https://247sports.com/player/adam-hopkins-46099800/

I expect this kid to end up being a 5 star.

Dude, every #elite229 kid is a five star according to you. Instead of making shit up and taking away from their accomplishments let them be who they are. 

For all of your 5* kids you’d think there’d be more titles to go with them. Perhaps coaching is the issue?!?

#elite229staff #ghsainvestigation #cheatersvilleincest

11 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Georgia fights with Georgia Tech (ACC).  If Tech ever gets the right fit and it'll be like the 90s again for them.  Only thing saving UGA is the SEC label.  Imagine if GT was in the SEC. 

As for LSU...IN the State...yes.  Only "player" nearby...NO!

You got Bama storming Louisiana for players...Not to mention the Mississippi schools to the East, Arkansas to the North, and the increasingly dangerous A&M out West knowing that they can now play the SEC card scoop up Louisiana talent (and Jimbo knows the pipelines).

Alabama has Auburn to deal with in state. Georgia Tech is a nobody compared to Auburn.  

11 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

They had this problem in the 90s also.  Can't always play the "State Pride" angle and expect them to stay.

Can't keep them all.

Most kids in Louisiana grow up LSU fans. In Alabama probably 35-40% kids grow up Auburn fans.  Georgia and LSU especially have an advantage with no instate competition unlike Alabama and Auburn.  Georgia has a bigger population than Alabama and Louisiana combined.

Georgia Tech has 1/2 title in the last 60 years.  They run from competition that's why they left the SEC tired of Alabama beating them.  Bobby Dodd was not up to the level of Bryant and left.  

Recruiting wise how many 5 stars has Tech recruiting vs Georgia the last 15 years?

50 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Most kids in Louisiana grow up LSU fans. In Alabama probably 35-40% kids grow up Auburn fans.  Georgia and LSU especially have an advantage with no instate competition unlike Alabama and Auburn.  Georgia has a bigger population than Alabama and Louisiana combined.

Georgia Tech has 1/2 title in the last 60 years.  They run from competition that's why they left the SEC tired of Alabama beating them.  Bobby Dodd was not up to the level of Bryant and left.  

Recruiting wise how many 5 stars has Tech recruiting vs Georgia the last 15 years?

Exactly my point.  You think 5-Stars are gonna pass up the chance to play in the SEC.

Also...Compare Academics at UGA to Georgia Tech.