It's Scrimmage Day In South Norman Park

Rufus69

What a difference a year makes.  My poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs get to bang heads with another team tonight.  Yes, Yes...it's a scrimmage...but this time last year...we were peaking out of windows trying to see if the sun was shining.

Emotions are running high at Colquitt.  We got guys fighting to gain a hoof up for playing time.  Solid competition for sure.  Hopefully, tonight...everybody gets to play so we can see what we got...and what we don't got.  Lots of note taking for the Packer staff.  Lots of things to try.

And there's no doubt that Cairo is coming with an attitude.  I spoke with one of their true supporters Wednesday night and he says..."Rufus, the Makers are coming and we gonna OUTPLAY them Hawgs".  My only response was...."Could happen, but we just MIGHT have a little surprise for you".  The Packer Touchdown Club President told me point blank..."We READY".  I reckon...nuff said.

I gotta tell you fellers....this has got my heart a pumping.  South Georgia football ain't that far away.  Like one of my favorite quotes from Buddha..."if you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down".

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!

It's Time.

Rufus>>

33 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

What a difference a year makes.  My poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs get to bang heads with another team tonight.  Yes, Yes...it's a scrimmage...but this time last year...we were peaking out of windows trying to see if the sun was shining.

Emotions are running high at Colquitt.  We got guys fighting to gain a hoof up for playing time.  Solid competition for sure.  Hopefully, tonight...everybody gets to play so we can see what we got...and what we don't got.  Lots of note taking for the Packer staff.  Lots of things to try.

And there's no doubt that Cairo is coming with an attitude.  I spoke with one of their true supporters Wednesday night and he says..."Rufus, the Makers are coming and we gonna OUTPLAY them Hawgs".  My only response was...."Could happen, but we just MIGHT have a little surprise for you".  The Packer Touchdown Club President told me point blank..."We READY".  I reckon...nuff said.

I gotta tell you fellers....this has got my heart a pumping.  South Georgia football ain't that far away.  Like one of my favorite quotes from Buddha..."if you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down".

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!

It's Time.

Rufus>>

Biden or Legosy?

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

3 quarters varsity 1 quarter b team/jv?

I believe that is correct...but they could have changed something.  Though I haven't heard they have.

It's gonna be a nice little test to see where our poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs are before summer.

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I believe that is correct...but they could have changed something.  Though I haven't heard they have.

It's gonna be a nice little test to see where our poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs are before summer.

Rufus>>

We are playing Gardendale in the same format. At 11 am.

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!

It's Time.

Rufus>>

I saw a recent pic in the Moletree Disturber! And from the looks of things on the O Line, SOMEBODY has been pigging out(no pun intended) on ARNETT GRITS!

We aren't looking great tonight. Special teams are atrocious and defense is just a little better than atrocious. 

Offense looks best with Neko tonight, but, we've scored a td with both qbs in the back field at this point. 

Cairo is able to move the ball fairly well and are starting with good field position most drives. 

14 to 7 Packers with 5 minutes left in the second. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Right after I typed that last, Zane comes in and drives the team down the field with a few beautiful passes and the score is now 21 to 7 with 3 minutes left in the first half. Zane looked really comfortable on that drive. Very happy to see that from him. 

If neko isn't able to become the starter I feel very comfortable in beating yall. There is a reason the zane kid got benched fir a transfer QB and has never been the true QB1 either he isn't up to par or the coaches don't trust him. Either way its good news for packass opponents. 

Ill propose a trade. We get neko and yall can get bohler and every QB except for the rising 9th and rising jr brooks best.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

If neko isn't able to become the starter I feel very comfortable in beating yall. There is a reason the zane kid got benched fir a transfer QB and has never been the true QB1 either he isn't up to par or the coaches don't trust him. Either way its good news for packass opponents. 

Ill propose a trade. We get neko and yall can get bohler and every QB except for the rising 9th and rising jr brooks best.

I'm pretty sure that Zane will be the day one starter and that there will be packages for Neko. Zane is very capable. His being benched hinged solely on failing to follow instructions on a trick play that costed what was thought to be a sure score before halftime. That score would have changed the complexion of the game. 

Zane looks happier tonight and his mannerisms are better as well. The team does look different with Neko back there though. That adds a whole different element to the offense and opens up some great looking plays. I'm excited to see what we look like once the season gets here. 

7 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Trade package:

Packass get

Rising Senior QB

Rising Junior QB

2 Rising Sophomore QBs

Lowndes get

Rising Sophomore QB

😂😂😂😂😂 A couple weeks ago @Sweetlarry & I were called clueless for saying Jacurri has a bright future at a different position. Now he’s just a piece of a trade deal for 1 sophomore quarterback. #lowendshighIQ

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Trade package:

Packass get

Rising Senior QB

Rising Junior QB

2 Rising Sophomore QBs

Lowndes get

Rising Sophomore QB

Dude @HawgGoneIt I told u this was gonna happen, ga96 may seem like he’s joking but I can only imagine what the Lowndes coaches on 229 are telling the kid, probably bad mouthing colquitt all practice 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well...one of those scrimmages where the score doesn't necessarily reflect the performance.

We got work to do over the summer.  At least that's what the Lime Sink spies are telling me.

I was told we graded out at a....C+.

But all in all...we got thru it pretty clean....

Rufus>>

18 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...one of those scrimmages where the score doesn't necessarily reflect the performance.

We got work to do over the summer.  At least that's what the Lime Sink spies are telling me.

I was told we graded out at a....C+.

But all in all...we got thru it pretty clean....

Rufus>>

If there were no injuries it’s all good.