De La Salle is a machine

BobbySanchez

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Dominguez was 8-4 and were blown out by Palisades as well.

Clovis North won a game by 2 points in the regular season(Lost another by 16 points) and were blown out in the Championship by 39

Crenshaw was like La Mirada.

The point of these teams is not about how good they are, it's about how they affected MOV deltas. Remember, or have you already pivoted again?

Dominguez, Clovis North and Crenshaw gave MOV deltas of 55.5, 62.5 and 68.8 (all well above the 46.6 average).

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Agoura lost 69-24. Who cares that they scored 24 points(14 of them coming when they're down over 40+ points). To bring up that they scored 24 points when they're down by 40+ is absurd.

Orange Lutheran scored a TD with 51 seconds left in the game down 41-17(Garbage TD). Another head scratcher point.

OLu was leading 17-14 at half. 2015 gave up tons of garbage TDs, but they never let teams score 20+ on them (well, except for Mater Dei who did their best to not get embarrassed by leaving in their starters and did nothing but throw downfield the entire 4th quarter on the 3rd string D). There is zero chance 2013 Agoura scores 20+ on 2015 SJB, regardless of the current deficit.

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

In 2015, they didn't play a top 25 team other than CC. None of  Bosco's wins in 2015 aside from Amat were anything to write home about. 

I guess being up 42-0 on Mater Dei going into the 4th quarter is yawn inducing.

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

The point of these teams is not about how good they are, it's about how they affected MOV deltas. Remember, or have you already pivoted again?

Dominguez, Clovis North and Crenshaw gave MOV deltas of 55.5, 62.5 and 68.8 (all well above the 46.6 average).

OLu was leading 17-14 at half. 2015 gave up tons of garbage TDs, but they never let teams score 20+ on them (well, except for Mater Dei who did their best to not get embarrassed by leaving in their starters and did nothing but throw downfield the entire 4th quarter on the 3rd string D). There is zero chance 2013 Agoura scores 20+ on 2015 SJB, regardless of the current deficit.

MD wasn't a top team last year. 

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Your point is deltas, not mine. I don't use deltas,  at the h.s level.  I only go by how they fare against top notch competition. You know nothing about top notch teams when they play duds. 

The only thing 2015 was better at then the 2013 team,  was blowing out those duds 

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I would argue Mater Dei last year wasn't a top notch team daily

Right, because Mater Dei is known as a team that gets running clocked all the time and we should split hairs over the strength of a 10-3 team that lost by 6 to Centennial in the semis.

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

Out of curiosity, what would be considered an impressive showing against 2015 Mater Dei, by your standards?

Nobody said anything about an impressive outing(Once again you're jumping on something not said).

An impressive outing wouldn't include MD last year. It would include DLS/CC and that's it. Those were the top notch teams(I do think 2015 SJB beats DLS, and like I said last year, SJB wouldn't be playing DLS if they had to play CC.)

2013 SJB is better than 2015 SJB at almost every position and they have the more explosive players on offense and the better front 7 on defense.

Care for a position break down?

QB 2013 SJB and it's not close

HB-Push

OL-2013 SJB

WR-2015 for depth, but 2013 has by far the top 2 WR's.(2013). 

DL-2013 SJB

LB-I'll even say push

DB-2015 SJB

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

An impressive outing wouldn't include MD last year. It would include DLS/CC and that's it. Those were the top notch teams(I do think 2015 SJB beats DLS, and like I said last year, SJB wouldn't be playing DLS if they had to play CC.)

So you judge 2015 Mater Dei by their performance against non "top notch" teams (JSerra and Serra) when it's convenient for you but then only judge 2015 SJB by "top notch" teams (and then after the heart and soul of their team gets injured but plays anyway and puts them in an insurmountable hole). Got it, makes complete sense.

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

QB 2013 SJB and it's not close

HB-Push

OL-2013 SJB

WR-2015 for depth, but 2013 has by far the top 2 WR's.(2013). 

DL-2013 SJB

LB-I'll even say push

DB-2015 SJB

QB - 2015 (If you go by name recognition and nothing else, then sure you can make the case for Rosen)

RB - 2015 (McGrew definitely didn't develop at all in 2 years)
2013: McGrew, Simms, Anesi
2015: McGrew, Beasley, Flowers

OL - Push
2013: Zabludoff, De Los Santos, Sefo, Katnik, Mama
2015: Murphy, Smith, Moe, Holmes and Davis

WR - Push - I agree with you (2013 had better 2, 2015 had better 5, you also have to remember that Wadood played two ways so it's really top 1.5)
2013: Wadood, Fields (then a big drop off to Franklin, Harrell and Umeh)
2015: Fleming, Holman, Umeh, Harrell, Gilbert

DL - Slight edge to 2013
2013: Martinez, Tuioti-Mariner, Dorton, Sefo (had the best player in Tuioti-Mariner, Dorton was way overrated and Sefo played two ways)
2015: Callier, Murray, Edison, Spina, McCaskill (had more depth, but younger with McCaskill as the only Senior)

LB - Slight edge to 2013 (Leniu and Anesi were both forces, but 2015 had more depth)
2013: Leniu, Anesi, Holland Lucero
2014: Poyer, Tuitasi, Manuao, Burke, Commodore

DB - Slight edge to 2015
2013: Wadood, Hale, Hawkins, Baldwin (with Morgan, Turner and Beck as Sophs and Wadood playing two ways)
2015: Tolliver, Beck, Turner, Morgan (with Blaylock, Price as Sophs and Thomas and Steet as Juniors)

I think the only thing we really disagree on is QB and RB. I understand the argument for Rosen since he will be playing on Sundays, but I'm not entirely convinced he was actually better at the HS level. What I really don't understand is the argument that 2013 McGrew > 2015 McGrew. Simms and Anesi were only used situationally so it's not like McGrew was splitting time with anyone to make the case for 2013.