DLS Schedule

Blueliner

Hello all. First post, but have been lurking for a bit.

Hopefully, I'm not late on this. So if I am, my apologies. I just heard from a pretty reliable source that, in addition to the BG game on the road, DLS will also be playing Don Bosco, Clovis-West, and yes...Servite at home. Then the usual suspects of the EBAL. That leaves one game...not sure who that is. Serra again? St. Mary's?  Obviously, this will all be confirmed (or denied Sunday night). Not a bad schedule is this is right.

Word has it that Coach A and Lad are high on the junior qb Jones. Kid reportedly is the best passer since Houston. 6'2" and 175 lbs and growing "they" say...and is a very good athlete. I like the sound of that. Perhaps, that's why they're scheduling up with essentially an unproven(but somewhat experienced)roster. Anyways, chew on that, and looking forward to posting in the future.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Hopefully, I'm not late on this. So if I am, my apologies. I just heard from a pretty reliable source that, in addition to the BG game on the road, DLS will also be playing Don Bosco, Clovis-West, and yes...Servite at home. Then the usual suspects of the EBAL. That leaves one game...not sure who that is. Serra again? St. Mary's?  Obviously, this will all be confirmed (or denied Sunday night). Not a bad schedule is this is right.

Word has it that Coach A and Lad are high on the junior qb Jones. Kid reportedly is the best passer since Houston. 6'2" and 175 lbs and growing "they" say...and is a very good athlete. I like the sound of that. Perhaps, that's why they're scheduling up with essentially an unproven(but somewhat experienced)roster. Anyways, chew on that, and looking forward to posting in the future.

Welcome to the board! I hope you stick around and drop more posts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Welcome to the board! And for what it's worth, I, myself, am always happy to hear rumors about what's going in Concord, CA. 

I keep thinking about this schedule and have some thoughts. It's going to be a bit of a stream of consciousness, so bear with me. If DeMatha and BG is on ESPN, it's likely DLS/BG is not on ESPN. I know BG had two ESPN games last season, but it seems a bit more far fetched that they'll have two this year as well (or maybe one of their other matchups will appear on ESPN). I know the second leg of the DLS/Bosco was not on ESPN, but I have to believe for this to happen, someone will have to pony funds. I also wonder where the game will be held. Both DLS and Bosco are already traveling. We know historically DLS doesn't do 2 travel games in a year, so the Bosco game is probably at home, but Bosco is already going to SC. I think there is one more big game DLS is putting on the schedule, I just don't think it's Bosco when I think through it more.

17 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I keep thinking about this schedule and have some thoughts. It's going to be a bit of a stream of consciousness, so bear with me. If DeMatha and BG is on ESPN, it's likely DLS/BG is not on ESPN. I know BG had two ESPN games last season, but it seems a bit more far fetched that they'll have two this year as well (or maybe one of their other matchups will appear on ESPN). I know the second leg of the DLS/Bosco was not on ESPN, but I have to believe for this to happen, someone will have to pony funds. I also wonder where the game will be held. Both DLS and Bosco are already traveling. We know historically DLS doesn't do 2 travel games in a year, so the Bosco game is probably at home, but Bosco is already going to SC. I think there is one more big game DLS is putting on the schedule, I just don't think it's Bosco when I think through it more.

Im pretty sure their banquet is this weekend so thats when the announcements happen and my nephew will text me if anything outside of what is already known comes about. But Clovis West too?  Lol.  Dude there is no way DLS has the bishop and the east coast bosco and clovis west. Lol.  Would be one of the top schedules ever in Cali and one of the top in the nation coming up this year.  Just not happening. 

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Im pretty sure their banquet is this weekend so thats when the announcements happen and my nephew will text me if anything outside of what is already known comes about. But Clovis West too?  Lol.  Dude there is no way DLS has the bishop and the east coast bosco and clovis west. Lol.  Would be one of the top schedules ever in Cali and one of the top in the nation coming up this year.  Just not happening. 

How good is Clovis West? Didn't they lose twice to Central last year?

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I was joking about it being one of the toughest schedules but still if this were to ever happen it would have to be titled DLS's Revenge Tour 2017

If it was purely a revenge tour, they'd have SJB on the schedule -- that's the 3rd team that is 2-0 v DLS and the only 3 that have a 2-game edge in heads up

or maybe they figure they'll see them anyway, but MD is going to be pretty freakin good in '17 (not to mention CC)

4 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Who ever told you Bosco was playing DLS ????  What was the reason or your source for saying that ???

It's the friend of a friend scenario. This friend of a friend has a son on the varsity squad. He knew about BG long before it was announced. I called BS on him, and he was right as it turns out. B|

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pops said:

Why?

do you think DLS is only willing to schedule DBP on a down year when DBP has an MNC team?

Seriously. DLS has learned it's lesson. We saw last year's schedule and we know why. 

OOS play exposed the myth for what it is and now you play teams from UT. Own it. DLS was about as good(crappy) as was Bosco last year. Look at the difference in scheduling.

DLS is slick, always has been.