De La Salle is a machine

BobbySanchez

This is the DLS machine we've all been waiting and knowing would come at the end of the season. That Veer offense has a huge learning curve for any QB, I think the Spartans will give the winner of the SJB/MD game all they can handle. DLS is still the king of California.

Does anybody give the Spartans a shot against SJB and MD? 

If DLS does beat MD or SJB or at least play them close, I think it's more of a testament that DLS gels really well at the end, rather than Socal football is bad.

Because SJB has beaten St.Marys (#2 in Norcal and playing for D1 bid) 55-13, beat Ohio State Champs #1 St.Xavier 34-0, and gave #1 Bishop Gorman a really competitive game.

Corona Centennial also should have beaten #3 IMG but lost by 1 point.

And Mater Dei has beaten SJB already.

Don't see DLS beating either SJB or MD.  I watched a bit tonight and there is quite a bit of difference in team speed & athleticism between a team like Freedom and MD/SJB.   To their credit DLS has pulled off miracles before, so It will definitely be interesting.   Sooner or later someone in Cali is going to lay the smack down on the Spartans.   Feel like this is the year.  If DLS wins the meltdown here would be epic though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Don't see DLS beating either SJB or MD.  I watched a bit tonight and there is quite a bit of difference in team speed & athleticism between a team like Freedom and MD/SJB.   To their credit DLS has pulled off miracles before, so It will definitely be interesting.   Sooner or later someone in Cali is going to lay the smack down on the Spartans.   Feel like this is the year.  If DLS wins the meltdown here would be epic though.  

I really don't see them beating either of them either (I'm rooting for MD to win it all). But now it's one game being played by a bunch of 15-18 year old so any shit can happen.

23 minutes ago, Lamarfan said:

Their a machine until they face a first round loser in Texas.  xD

Omg, give it a rest already. The same first round Texas loser also beat the team that won the Texas state title in the same division, so whats your point? The first round loser is better than both the Texas and California state champ???? 

As for DLS against SJB/MD, I will admit, DLS has come a long ways since earlier this season, but they are still a young team that doesn't have the experience or ability to beat either one of those SoCal schools, but I think it's a little far fetched to think MD beats em 70 to 0.  I see a 2 to 3 score loss for DLS against either SJB/MD.  I would be shocked if the game goes down to the wire or the unthinkable and they win.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old_e said:

They've come along way or was Freedom a tad over rated?

Not overrated.

Bad.

That's the equivalent of playing Fort Myers in the Section Championship game.

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Calf  appears to have three teams of any consequence nationally.. DLS SJB and Centennial of Corona???  Am I wrong.... MD too who may be the best.

Bishop Amat, Mission Viejo, cycle in and out similar to PC and SPP.  I think Rancho Cucamonga is an up and coming program which may make some OOS noise next year.  Also Narbonne from the LA City section is relevant and will make the D- Bowl 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nascar624 said:

Omg, give it a rest already. The same first round Texas loser also beat the team that won the Texas state title in the same division, so whats your point? The first round loser is better than both the Texas and California state champ???? 

As for DLS against SJB/MD, I will admit, DLS has come a long ways since earlier this season, but they are still a young team that doesn't have the experience or ability to beat either one of those SoCal schools, but I think it's a little far fetched to think MD beats em 70 to 0.  I see a 2 to 3 score loss for DLS against either SJB/MD.  I would be shocked if the game goes down to the wire or the unthinkable and they win.

you tell him

dls can not only loss to a first round tx loser but also to a ut super team!  lol

it makes me laugh to say ut has a super team...

my advise to them.... never leave nor cal

48 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Sammy, ok. But I mean at the end of the year,best of best.. By the way,when did MV win a state title??? They go undefeated then, in playoffs,lose..

Last year MV went undefeated and won a D-1 State title.  It wasn't the Top (open) division, but it was a State title.  MV destroyed Bellermine which destroyed the devil the previous week.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Bishop Amat, Mission Viejo, cycle in and out similar to PC and SPP.  I think Rancho Cucamonga is an up and coming program which may make some OOS noise next year.  Also Nafbonne from the LA City section is relevant and will make the D- Bowl 

I think you can add Folsom and St. Mary's from the North to that 2nd tier list. Not really close to 1st tier group this year of MD, SJB and CC.

2nd tier from So Cal is better than all North this year. ?

Enjoy your year Sammy b/c it may be a while before you see a DLS team this down. ?

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

dls can not only loss to a first round tx loser but also to a ut super team!  lol

it makes me laugh to say ut has a super team...

my advise to them.... never leave nor cal

It's true: DLS can lose to first round TX losers and to UT state champions, LOL. 

But setting aside the obvious for a minute, when did it become okay for non-school girls to use "LOL"? 

35 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It's true: DLS can lose to first round TX losers and to UT state champions, LOL. 

But setting aside the obvious for a minute, when did it become okay for non-school girls to use "LOL"? 

you are kidding right?

Who on the planet does not use acronyms, especially the simplest of all, lol, in 2016?

LOL@U doh doh

Can't imagine that NorCal is going to make any noise this year in the California SBG.  Going to see Folsom/St. Mary's tonight.  St. Mary's got crushed by So Cal, and Folsom has a gritty group, but not a powerhouse by any means.  I'd be very surprised to see them win tonight.  Before getting too caught up in the improvement of DLS, I think that Freedom probably wouldn't have made the San Joaquin finals this year.  They remind me of Folsom's 2013 squad, Browning's sophomore year.  Tough bunch, but coming into DLS with 4 starters missing or playing lame, they got hammered.  BTW, the 2015 Devil will feature two starters in the FCS semifinal:  Jake Browning and Jonah Williams.  Think of the odds of two teamates playing against each other in a game of that magnitude two years after graduating high school.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DogPile said:

Can't imagine that NorCal is going to make any noise this year in the California SBG.  Going to see Folsom/St. Mary's tonight.  St. Mary's got crushed by So Cal, and Folsom has a gritty group, but not a powerhouse by any means.  I'd be very surprised to see them win tonight.  Before getting too caught up in the improvement of DLS, I think that Freedom probably wouldn't have made the San Joaquin finals this year.  They remind me of Folsom's 2013 squad, Browning's sophomore year.  Tough bunch, but coming into DLS with 4 starters missing or playing lame, they got hammered.  BTW, the 2015 Devil will feature two starters in the FCS semifinal:  Jake Browning and Jonah Williams.  Think of the odds of two teamates playing against each other in a game of that magnitude two years after graduating high school.

The 2015 Devil team was legit (now that we see what Browning is doing at Wash).  Too bad they didn't play in the Open that year

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Last year MV went undefeated and won a D-1 State title.  It wasn't the Top (open) division, but it was a State title.  MV destroyed Bellermine which destroyed the devil the previous week.

They didn't destroy Folsom.  It was a really tight game coming down to the end.  One of the best games that I saw last year. 

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

They didn't destroy Folsom.  It was a really tight game coming down to the end.  One of the best games that I saw last year. 

Bells entire post-season focus was beating Folsom who hadn't lost to anyone besides DLS in 4 years

Their celebration extended thru the D1-AA game unfortunately, while MV was on a state title or bust mission after dropping out of Pac5 to give themselves a path

btw, '14 Folsom is their stud team not '15

• Like 1