Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement: stated goal to destroy America

badrouter

These are such a profoundly precarious times for the Biden administration. They know the country is incredibly outraged and intense over the matter of "white supremacy", and that that of course has to be opposed. They know that radical, far right psycho groups do pose a significant threat to the security of the country. And yet, they also have to recognize that the sorts of black nationalist groups mentioned in this thread may well pose the greatest threat of all. But, they can not come out and say as much. If they do, all hell could break loose, and it will be a one term administration. So, they have to work quietly, within a set of dynamics where the overwhelming majority of citizens seem hell bent on only seeing particular forms of racism and extremism, and disbelieving their eyes when contradictory evidence is presented.

Sitting United States Congress person reiterates, to the tune of better than 27k likes and 5k retweets, the mantra of the Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement: black people were not freed by the Emancipation Proclamation or by any changes to Civil Rights law, and thus require “liberation”: 

2CD4BACF-95E5-47FC-9A01-34B508E2C474.jpeg

On 7/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, badrouter said:

Sitting United States Congress person reiterates, to the tune of better than 27k likes and 5k retweets, the mantra of the Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement: black people were not freed by the Emancipation Proclamation or by any changes to Civil Rights law, and thus require “liberation”: 

2CD4BACF-95E5-47FC-9A01-34B508E2C474.jpeg

The land was taken by force and deceit. The natives didn't understand how powerful greed can be. I'm sorry if this fact is too hard to understand. Strength and Wisdom will always rule the weak and stupid. Plain and simple.

"The Strong Will Survive"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

Hard data is driven by reality.

Where else do we get it?

Damn!.......common sense dictates as much.

The point is, “lived experiences” amount to nothing more than anecdotes. They may or may not be accurate representations of what’s typical. To verify, we need data over sufficiently large sample sizes. 

9 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The point is, “lived experiences” amount to nothing more than anecdotes. They may or may not be accurate representations of what’s typical. To verify, we need data over sufficiently large sample sizes. 

Generations are not enough?

Where is your mind?

Simple logic?

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:47 PM, badrouter said:

Not if we’re attempting to describe reality.

A person typing 'data' into a database ( to be analyzed by another person) = reality

An actual live experience = unreality and merely anecdotal.   

That just doesn't make sense.  And it neglects that there are some realities that are not easily placed within hard data.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/4/2021 at 4:03 PM, badrouter said:

These are such a profoundly precarious times for the Biden administration. They know the country is incredibly outraged and intense over the matter of "white supremacy", and that that of course has to be opposed. They know that radical, far right psycho groups do pose a significant threat to the security of the country. And yet, they also have to recognize that the sorts of black nationalist groups mentioned in this thread may well pose the greatest threat of all. But, they can not come out and say as much. If they do, all hell could break loose, and it will be a one term administration. So, they have to work quietly, within a set of dynamics where the overwhelming majority of citizens seem hell bent on only seeing particular forms of racism and extremism, and disbelieving their eyes when contradictory evidence is presented.

You seem to have a view that is contrary to reality. Were you raised this way? Has someone confused your thoughts by providing you with incorrect data, to suggest what you claim is truthful? Are you taking talking points and asserting they are real?

The Intel community knows their job. Their threat assessment concerning the nation is a complete and competent work  conducted by trained individuals, not armchair commentators like yourself.

7 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

You seem to have a view that is contrary to reality. Were you raised this way? Has someone confused your thoughts by providing you with incorrect data, to suggest what you claim is truthful? Are you taking talking points and asserting they are real?

The Intel community knows their job. Their threat assessment concerning the nation is a complete and competent work  conducted by trained individuals, not armchair commentators like yourself.

He works for Publix, a bastion of hard data bullshit....

bgw

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, World Citizen said:

A person typing 'data' into a database ( to be analyzed by another person) = reality

An actual live experience = unreality and merely anecdotal.   

That just doesn't make sense.  And it neglects that there are some realities that are not easily placed within hard data.  

I didn't say the "lived experience" is "unreality". I said it may or may not reflect reality. A handful of awful police encounters does not necessarily equate to " the police are hunting to kill black people", for example.

I'm not denying the value of lived experiences outright. I'm simply pointing out that it is insane to allow them to completely trump and actual data presented. 

17 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

My view is indeed inconsistent with the narrative pushed by mainstream media. And, up until about a year ago, I was the biggest critic of the people who always ragged on "mainstream media". But, the events of the last year afforded unique opportunities to glimpse just how overwhelmingly dishonest the media is.

I'm willing to trust that the intelligence community understands their job, and is aware of the many threats that exist. I'm also aware that said community is well-trained in *NOT* simply coming out and stating exactly what concerns them and to what degree. My commentary explicitly recognizes the fact that they *can't* come out and say the black nationalist movement is at minimum as concerning as the white nationalist movement. The absence of such a concession in no way demonstrates they don't actually recognize as much.

The fact of the matter is, the extremist right wing consists primarily of psychos collecting arms to store and protect property in places like Idaho. They mostly want to be left alone, with the notable exception of January 6, which was heavily aided (orchestrated?) by the most vile President the country has had in our lifetimes. The extremist left wing explicitly aims to destroy the country. That's what the "abolitionist movement" is all about. And the rationale offered for wanting to destroy the country is THE DOMINANT NARRATIVE being pushed in the mainstream, and by some sitting members of Congress.

Which group poses a greater threat to the country?

A group which states that they love America, proudly displays the American flag, and may be willing to go to extremes to make America be what they envision it should be?

OR

A group explicitly stating it wants to destroy the country, through any means necessary?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, badrouter said:

My view is indeed inconsistent with the narrative pushed by mainstream media. And, up until about a year ago, I was the biggest critic of the people who always ragged on "mainstream media". But, the events of the last year afforded unique opportunities to glimpse just how overwhelmingly dishonest the media is.

I'm willing to trust that the intelligence community understands their job, and is aware of the many threats that exist. I'm also aware that said community is well-trained in *NOT* simply coming out and stating exactly what concerns them and to what degree. My commentary explicitly recognizes the fact that they *can't* come out and say the black nationalist movement is at minimum as concerning as the white nationalist movement. The absence of such a concession in no way demonstrates they don't actually recognize as much.

The fact of the matter is, the extremist right wing consists primarily of psychos collecting arms to store and protect property in places like Idaho. They mostly want to be left alone, with the notable exception of January 6, which was heavily aided (orchestrated?) by the most vile President the country has had in our lifetimes. The extremist left wing explicitly aims to destroy the country. That's what the "abolitionist movement" is all about. And the rationale offered for wanting to destroy the country is THE DOMINANT NARRATIVE being pushed in the mainstream, and by some sitting members of Congress.

Which group poses a greater threat to the country?

A group which states that they love America, proudly displays the American flag, and may be willing to go to extremes to make America be what they envision it should be?

OR

A group explicitly stating it wants to destroy the country, through any means necessary?

This is quite simple.Do you have any idea the mission of BLM? I would guess the answer is no. I think you are misinformed on this matter. Take the time to read their statement for yourself instead of basing your stance on the talking points given by the talking heads.

Don't be sheepish. Take the initiative and enhance your knowledge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

This is quite simple.Do you have any idea the mission of BLM? I would guess the answer is no. I think you are misinformed on this matter. Take the time to read their statement for yourself instead of basing your stance on the talking points given by the talking heads.

Don't be sheepish. Take the initiative and enhance your knowledge.

Your mistake is in assuming that publicly issued statements given by people with names attached to the statements represent a comprehensive, exhaustive list of actual intentions. 

Was there ever a single, publicly issued, statement from anyone with their names included, stating their intentions to storm the Capitol January 6? Were there ever any publicly issued statements from those who were planning to fly planes into American landmarks prior to September 11, 2001? The evidence available prior to those attacks was comparable to the evidence available around the intentions of groups like RAM. Nothing more than vague references to impending destruction from anonymous voices.

• Like 1

Nonetheless, on the first page of this thread there is a link to a Facebook discussion with several leaders of BLM chapters around the country where all echo the desire to abolish all systems and structures they seem to be racist, included in those are the Constitution, capitalism and the police. They effectively admit they want to destroy the country when they state they want to abolish all of those things.

Furthermore, assuming they are aware of all of this, they may well be approaching it in the best way possible. The most dangerous terrorist groups- more accurately *ideas*- are formed to oppose something which is real and which we all should be opposed to: white nationalism. It may well be that the only potentially effective approach to this is to publicly make the campaign all about opposing white supremacy in hopes of placating said groups.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Furthermore, assuming they are aware of all of this, they may well be approaching it in the best way possible. The most dangerous terrorist groups- more accurately *ideas*- are formed to oppose something which is real and which we all should be opposed to: white nationalism. It may well be that the only potentially effective approach to this is to publicly make the campaign all about opposing white supremacy in hopes of placating said groups.

Just a thought...🤔

But in this day and age, with all the technological advantages at their disposal,

The Alphabet soup would HAVE to be morons, If they where not controlling the leadership ranks

of EVERY "opposition group"....thus having "controlled opposition"...

PS: And I DON'T think those Alphabet boys are stupid...

go figure

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, badrouter said:

I didn't say the "lived experience" is "unreality". I said it may or may not reflect reality. A handful of awful police encounters does not necessarily equate to " the police are hunting to kill black people", for example.

I'm not denying the value of lived experiences outright. I'm simply pointing out that it is insane to allow them to completely trump and actual data presented. 

Impossible for any lived experience to not be reality. No one said anything about anyone hunting anyone, did they? The lived experience is a direct contributor to reality, good or bad and it does not matter to whom the experience belongs. 

That is where you find data production. 

31 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Impossible for any lived experience to not be reality. No one said anything about anyone hunting anyone, did they? The lived experience is a direct contributor to reality, good or bad and it does not matter to whom the experience belongs.

Of course it matters "to whom the experience belongs" you idiot 🤣

Without the person there is no associated reality thru perception,

and that 'personal reality' is quite simply...

... confined to that person.

DUH 🙄

PS: You are trying to confuse "personal perception reality" ...

...with "others reality"

using "experience" as your excuse 👌

BTW: But feel free to "try again" 👍

39 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

That is how I find myself giving 🐮💩 data production.

FIFY 👍

...and we know 👌

38 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

That is where you find data production. 

In this specific thread? Or on large platforms across America? No to the former, resounding yes to the latter. 

The problem is people are using anecdotal experiences (which are often misinterpreted anyway) to make sweeping conclusions about other people or society as a whole.