Classic roast recipe

ChimpGrip

Cooks of the board...... thoughts on this recipe?

A recipe from 1975 - all natural ingredients. 

Big Chuck's Homemade Roast

1 flank of beef roast

3 cans of beef stock

2 cans of mushrooms

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

2 cans of tomatoes

1 can of chicken broth

2 cans of onion juice

1 can of carrots

1 can of grilled onions

1 can of pickled carrots

two scoops of rosemary

two scoops of paprika

put in crockpot at 150 degrees, let sit for 18 hours

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Cooks of the board...... thoughts on this recipe?

A recipe from 1975 - all natural ingredients. 

Big Chuck's Homemade Roast

1 flank of beef roast

3 cans of beef stock

2 cans of mushrooms

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

2 cans of tomatoes

1 can of chicken broth

2 cans of onion juice

1 can of carrots

1 can of grilled onions

1 can of pickled carrots

two scoops of rosemary

two scoops of paprika

put in crockpot at 150 degrees, let sit for 18 hours

Everything is out of a can.  God made fresh vegetables.  Brown the roast, remove it.  Cook the vegetables (onions, carrots) in the drippings, add oil or butter if needed.  Then a little flour for a roux, then the stock + water along with the beef and cook away until tender.  Do this with a cheap roast.  A good roast - do in the oven.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Everything is out of a can.  God made fresh vegetables.  Brown the roast, remove it.  Cook the vegetables (onions, carrots) in the drippings, add oil or butter if needed.  Then a little flour for a roux, then the stock + water along with the beef and cook away until tender.  Do this with a cheap roast.  A good roast - do in the oven.

All natural…..out of a can 😂.

Idk 2 cans of onion juice with a couple cans of beef broth (and chicken broth, which does not mix with beef broth) with canned carrots with an additional “can” of onions wtf?? Oh and a “scoop” of rosemary. Maybe a tablespoon tops, a little goes a long way.

Hot oil in dutch oven, chuck roast, salt, pepper and sear all sides to lock in flavor. Throw over a mirepoix add a little thyme, rosemary and add beef broth and consommé. Slow cook for hours. Make the easy roux like @Bormiosaid to thicken. Simple is often times better. I took that recipe was written by a 10 year old who got into his moms pantry.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

All natural…..out of a can 😂.

Idk 2 cans of onion juice with a couple cans of beef broth (and chicken broth, which does not mix with beef broth) with canned carrots with an additional “can” of onions wtf?? Oh and a “scoop” of rosemary. Maybe a tablespoon tops, a little goes a long way.

Hot oil in dutch oven, chuck roast, salt, pepper and sear all sides to lock in flavor. Throw over a mirepoix add a little thyme, rosemary and add beef broth and consommé. Slow cook for hours. Make the easy roux like @Bormiosaid to thicken. Simple is often times better. I took that recipe was written by a 10 year old who got into his moms pantry.

Chimp does not have a blood pressure problem - yet.  How many grams (not milligrams) of sodium in that?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A high-dollar roast does not need all this cooking - it is naturally tender.  But a cheap roast (a chuck roast) is perfect for this - get a delicious meal without the cost.  The long cooking gives you flavorable, tender meat.  A filet is great, but I really love fall off the bone short ribs (and so do a lot of people) - they usually don’t last the evening on a menu.  Osso bucco is the same idea.

• Like 2

Never expected Bormio or Cossacks to go yard on the cooking…. Like never, especially Cossacks. Rippers I can see, absolutely. 

Way outta my league, those three… now I can do ribs, steak, smoke fish, Mac n cheese, enchiladas any way you want, Anasazi beans… chicken… basic stuff next to those guys. 

Live and learn I reckon. 

bgw

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Never expected Bormio or Cossacks to go yard on the cooking…. Like never, especially Cossacks. Rippers I can see, absolutely. 

Way outta my league, those three… now I can do ribs, steak, smoke fish, Mac n cheese, enchiladas any way you want, Anasazi beans… chicken… basic stuff next to those guys. 

Live and learn I reckon. 

bgw

Excuse me, I resemble that comment.😂

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, Bormio said:

Not anymore! I bought a can of beef lasagna the other day! And it came with NO MEAT!

• 2 months later...

The thread is just yammy. I want to share a cool recipe of grilled garlic parmesan corn. I know it is quite off-topic, but I tried it recently and it was very delicious. 

You need

4 ears of sweet corn, husked

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

chives (optional)

How you make it

Firstly, preheat your smokeless indoor grill. Then, mix the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper using a small bowl.

Secondly, place each ear of corn on a piece of foil and top with the olive oil mixture. Next, close up the aluminum foil and place the corn on the grill.

Lastly, cook for about 35 to 40 minutes, occasionally turning, until the corn is cooked. Them remove from the grill, remove the foil, and serve with chives if desired.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 10:23 AM, Mark11 said:

The thread is just yammy. I want to share a cool recipe of grilled garlic parmesan corn. I know it is quite off-topic, but I tried it recently and it was very delicious. 

You need

4 ears of sweet corn, husked

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

chives (optional)

How you make it

Firstly, preheat your smokeless indoor grill. Then, mix the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper using a small bowl.

Secondly, place each ear of corn on a piece of foil and top with the olive oil mixture. Next, close up the aluminum foil and place the corn on the grill.

Lastly, cook for about 35 to 40 minutes, occasionally turning, until the corn is cooked. Them remove from the grill, remove the foil, and serve with chives if desired.

Not bad

• 7 months later...