Utah on the Rise

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

can we settle this out of court?  Ima already on probation.

Out of my jurisdiction.  Much like Goodell, the Commish has the final say on all punishments.  You didn't hear this from me, but I've heard the Commish is easily influenced by a group of Mr. Benjamin Franklin's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

You fail to understand. That's to be expected though. I and many others don't have any reason to believe those teams are as good as advertised. The service that gave them their lofty ranking is no longer credible and besides, I watched some and they are well below standards for what goes as "Elite" in my book. So your talk of DLS, STA or any other carries no weight with me. 

Talk Jersey why don't you. Something you may know a little about. Cause you don't know bleep about Georgia.

We know 0-55

#1 in Ga.

#sad

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Still waiting...

let me help em out...

uhhh.... hoover, miami central, crenshaw, pomona (co), booker t washington (FL)......glenville (OH), trinity christian

these are the games that I can think of for the moment. 

Oh yeah, throw in prattville too. North Gwinnett and one of your teams beat em (Don Bosco Prep)

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You mean Metro ATL isn't like Tifton, Griffin, Woodbine or Thomasville? ;)

Shame on me. 

Tifton aint the same the BOE doesnt wanna pay for a quality coach.  So they hire these 2A/3A coaches that at best go 6-5 in that class... 

Its sad because multiple coaches have stated theyd like to coach a single HS community because all the talent is at one spot. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tifton aint the same the BOE doesnt wanna pay for a quality coach.  So they hire these 2A/3A coaches that at best go 6-5 in that class... 

Its sad because multiple coaches have stated theyd like to coach a single HS community because all the talent is at one spot. 

Mr. HornutSting,

We would appreciate if you could refer the above post to the Excuse Thread. 

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

-The Comish

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Griffin is not south Georgia, so I guess you don't know. 

6A and 7A consist of 106 schools. 48 in 7A and 58 in 6A. 

There are a total of 9 schools in this group considered South Georgia. 

Camden, Colquitt, Lowndes, Tift, Coffee,  Houston County, Lee County, Northside-Warner Robins and Valdosta. 

So that leaves 97 schools outside the area you claim gives you knowledge of Georgia. "I know my shit"

Houston and Northside are not South GA

7 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Griffin is not south Georgia, so I guess you don't know. 

6A and 7A consist of 106 schools. 48 in 7A and 58 in 6A. 

There are a total of 9 schools in this group considered South Georgia. 

Camden, Colquitt, Lowndes, Tift, Coffee,  Houston County, Lee County, Northside-Warner Robins and Valdosta. 

So that leaves 97 schools outside the area you claim gives you knowledge of Georgia. "I know my shit"

And I think he knows Griffin is metro ATL.... 

God I hate driving through Griffin at Night.... the railroad tracks are awful there.... 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Where do you get your info. 

Griffin since 10'.             Spalding since 10'

11-2                                4-6        10'           40-0 Griffin

9-3                                  2-8        11'           3-0 Griffin

9-2                                  2-7-1     12'           42-0 Griffin

15-0                                1-9        13'            56-0  Griffin

11-1                                6-4        14'            46-13 Griffin                                

6-5                                9-2        15'             6-28 Spalding

11-2                               8-5         16'            53-50 Griffin

Steve left Griffin and soon enough that ship will sink Im telling you

12 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Drop NJ,AZ and UT. 

Arizona is the same 3 in and out. 

Chandler 

MP 

Saguaro and maybe Hamilton. 

Speaking of which 

@aZjimbo What happened to Hamilton?

I do greatly appreciate the national perspective this forum provides but the emphasis on out-of-state matchups and how it relates to individual states is maddening; describing Arizona football as "three in and out" and not having Centennial or Hamilton mentioned is nuts, and including a Saguaro team that has quite literally gone decades without beating an elite-level Arizona squad is not remotely based on any sort of factual certainty.  Hell, Mountain Pointe being included in a top three is quite a stretch in it's own right, considering this is a program that 1) has one state title to their name in a near 30-year history as a program; 2) has a losing record versus Hamilton under their current coach (the only guy who has had that program anywhere close to an elite level in Arizona play; 3) plays in a league where they are usually the only squad with any sort of legit title aspirations; and 4) has an out-of-state resume that is a win over Gorman's worst recent squad and a series of wins over teams that don't qualify to even be labelled as second-tier squads in California.  Even their 2013 title squad had an atrociously easy schedule; opening with a win over Bishop Gorman does not change the fact that their next three games were against inner-city Phoenix squads that combined for five wins that year, and all told would have eight games against .500 or worse ball clubs-managing the rest of that schedule that did include some good teams is a lot easier when more than half of your schedule are glorified scrimmages.  

Centennial doesn't have the out-of-state accomplishments that Saguaro or Mountain Pointe does, but they do have five state titles since 2006, four state runner-up finishes since 2005, a .500 record against Hamilton and Chandler since 2007, are a combined 10-0 versus Brophy (2005 and 2007 5A-1 state champions), Desert Vista (2011 D-1 state champions), Mountain Pointe, and Saguaro since 2009, and have the longest active streak of 10-win seasons in the state of Arizona, regardless of division (Centennial's been winning 10 games year-in and year-out since this year's incoming freshmen were toddlers).  They also have guys that do stuff like this:  

If you're going to say that the depth of quality teams in Arizona is lacking I will not disagree with you.  I can acknowledge that there is some validity to the statement that we are limited to three elite teams even though I don't think that's a very well-founded opinion.  If you're going to say that two of those elite teams are Saguaro and Mountain Pointe I'm going to say that widely-circulated bad information is still bad information.   

• Like 4