2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)

dntn31

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Comp Poll: Updated 2021-11-22

I was waiting for SB Live to release their Power 25 football rankings. I reached out to Connor Morrissette on Twitter and he told me that he wouldn't be publishing football rankings until the end of the season (December 20), but these would have been his rankings this week had they been published:

FE-WCkPVUAkq3oA.thumb.jpg.442f3b86160965ab647cbab2e7739479.jpg

Did you tell him how much they suck?

if not maybe he can read and learn something 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ararar said:

Yeah it’s ridiculous.I’d say place 4 anywhere’s in the top 10 but the rest are not top 25

Looking at it again, Cathedral has the same rating as Chandler in the current 25 spot… so 9 Cali teams currently in the CalPreps top 25.  

Edit:  Cathedral sits alone in the 25 spot for this weekend per Sunday review.  

17 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Looking at it again, Cathedral has the same rating as Chandler in the current 25 spot… so 9 Cali teams currently in the CalPreps top 25.  

Edit:  Cathedral sits alone in the 25 spot for this weekend per Sunday review.  

You think that's interesting? Massey currently has 14 of his top 30 from Texas:

825888064_Screenshot2021-11-28090247.thumb.png.dbd13992aa356ad57df3fab1c07b231c.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-11-29)
  • dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-06)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-13)
On 12/16/2021 at 4:59 AM, nascar624 said:

I dont get why they are so high on Duncanville. Westlake in my opinion is number 1 in Texas. 

Westlake is #1. Duncanville has performed better against slightly better competition, so they get the nod from the computers. If Texas didn't split their top division in half at the end of the year we could find out for sure. But then they'd only have one national champion every year instead of two, so that's not an option.

31 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Westlake is #1. Duncanville has performed better against slightly better competition, so they get the nod from the computers. If Texas didn't split their top division in half at the end of the year we could find out for sure. But then they'd only have one national champion every year instead of two, so that's not an option.

I’m not sure that DV will get over the N. Shore hump, though. I have them winning this time, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mustangs beat them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So if DV beats N. Shore would you put them over an undefeated WL in your poll?

No. WL would have to squeak by Guyer and DV would have to handle NS comfortably for me to think about it. If WL stumbles Cali could sweep the top 3 in my poll. 

I know you're a Servite fan. What would've happened if Servite and Cen10 had played this year? That would've been a hell of a game.  

28 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

No. WL would have to squeak by Guyer and DV would have to handle NS comfortably for me to think about it. If WL stumbles Cali could sweep the top 3 in my poll. 

I know you're a Servite fan. What would've happened if Servite and Cen10 had played this year? That would've been a hell of a game.  

Servite and Cen10 played common 3 opponents pretty even.   It would have been a very good game to watch.  Although the winner would not have benefitted in your poll, but the loser would be punished.

56 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

If it was a close game I would not punish them too severely. Your Friars have three losses, yet I have them at #4 in my poll (ahead of numerous unbeatens). 

Yea you do and that shows you are peeling back the onion and doing good research.  Not being lazy relying mainly on win loss records.  Kudos to you 

On 12/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Waiting for the final comp polls

Comp Poll: Updated 2021-12-20

This very well could be the final comp poll. However, there are still 2 weeks of football left to play in Hawaii which could result in slight changes in CalPreps/Massey (Massey currently has Kahuku #17 and Gorman played St. Louis earlier this year). I'll keep an eye on things and post an update if anything changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-20)
  • dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)
  • dntn31 unpinned this topic