2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)

dntn31

17 hours ago, fishspinners said:

Look I get it. This isn't my first time being a new guy on a forum. I know how it works. New guy gets no love while the vets disregard what the new guy says until they finally realize the new guy kinda knows what he's talking about.

Your first day here you were grossly inaccurate on a core claim that you made and then you spent the rest of your time pimping a 3-loss team from last year and one that only beat an OK team 36-10 in their opener this year.

Nobody is going to confuse you with somebody who knows what they're talking about.

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Your first day here you were grossly inaccurate on a core claim that you made and then you spent the rest of your time pimping a 3-loss team from last year and one that only beat an OK team 36-10 in their opener this year.

Nobody is going to confuse you with somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Dude. Unless you're some kind of Manatee alumni, there's no way you were rattling that stuff off without looking it up. I'm sorry I can't recollect every season's top 25's schedule and results the past 20 years.

And you're still on the whole last year thing.  It happened and it's over with. This year's Collins Hill team has a claim to be amongst the top 25 in the country. I'm not banging the drumb for them to be top 10, but top 25 is not a stretch. 

3 hours ago, fishspinners said:

Dude. Unless you're some kind of Manatee alumni, there's no way you were rattling that stuff off without looking it up. I'm sorry I can't recollect every season's top 25's schedule and results the past 20 years.

And you're still on the whole last year thing.  It happened and it's over with. This year's Collins Hill team has a claim to be amongst the top 25 in the country. I'm not banging the drumb for them to be top 10, but top 25 is not a stretch. 

CH is one injury away from being Milton. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, fishspinners said:

I was there when Manatee got both of their losses in 2010 and 2012.

And, again, it was 9 years ago.

I know you're embarrassed but that doesn't mean you have to lie.

6 hours ago, fishspinners said:

This year's Collins Hill team has a claim to be amongst the top 25 in the country. I'm not banging the drumb for them to be top 10, but top 25 is not a stretch. 

They only beat Brookwood, 36-10, and were trailing with 2 minutes left in the first half.

We can forget last year and just use the one data point we have this year: they're not top 25.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

They only beat Brookwood, 36-10, and were trailing with 2 minutes left in the first half.

We can forget last year and just use the one data point we have this year: they're not top 25.

Amen. Collins Hill isn’t anywhere near being a top 25 team IMO. 85-100? Maybe, but it’s a huge conceptual leap for an observer to bestow a higher  rank simply by having an ace wide receiver, and a good quarterback. 

• Thanks 1

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-08-30)
On 8/27/2021 at 12:08 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

I did keep tabs on Gest and saw he was injured. Didn't know he transferred out and was still playing.

I had the pleasure of watching Gardener play from freshman and on. He is a special player with tons of spirit. Him and Dean were scary good.

Don’t forget my guy jawan Taylor! Beeeast.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:55 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

His uncle bought a car from my wife for Jawaan. Jawaan is a really great guy.

Cocoa had an awesome stretch of players back then. Dean, Gardner, Taylor, and a year later, Javian Hawkins, all playing in the NFL now.

Thanks for remembering.

Cocoa also saved the Rivals forum from a name change to the Bada Bing In 2012. 

• Haha 3

On 8/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Servite best team ever ranked behind Indiana public school. Hehehe

26EB2B5A-852C-4F1E-B1F8-A53BF8D66D4F.jpeg

This is an important game.  There's a contingent on this Board--me--that thinks Indy, Ky, and Tenn schools are ranked a bit too highly.

I give credit to CG for playing OOS, which helps us see how talent across the Country holds up.

Nice matchup.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, AztecPadre said:

NJ?  Top football state?  Not in years foo.

agree more or less

many who guided what we now see as the demise are off to bigger and better

not Toal or Carcich or Stengal.  Hanson retired.  and these guys put it on the map, not the beneficiaries

i can't say this hurt national HSF, but it ruined my fall weekends.  i'm a bit melancholy   

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)
  • dntn31 unpinned this topic