Maxpreps dynasty rankings

Ga96

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

L - should never help you in this type of ranking.  WL played in 10 more games in the same time frame ie playoff games won 3 titles 

It shouldn’t be that much of a factor but I think Maxpreps likes schedule strengths.

Westlake and North Shore played the same number of games with the same number of titles, but North Shore has three wins over Katy and Duncanville, setting them apart.

10 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

And I still stand on my post that they were much better than sucking. I didn't really follow them after DLS game, but I remember hearing they fell on hard times later in season . Pre trinity they had a good ball club

You are quite correct. Servite was 4-2, 1-0 in league, when Mater Dei broke Oregon QB Travis Waller's foot in the 1st quarter. With Waller hobbling around on one foot part of the time, and being replaced by 5'9" back-up QB Simpson the rest of the time, Servite still managed to lead late in the 4th Q 17-14, but with a generous 4th down spot, MD punched it in to win by 3 points. A week later, still hobbling on one foot, Waller and the Friars came up short (17-22) against Santa Margarita. Then, with two losses to the top two teams (Bosco and J Serra) Servite still made the playoffs, losing to Long Beach Poly by 1 point (33-34).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

You are quite correct. Servite was 4-2, 1-0 in league, when Mater Dei broke Oregon QB Travis Waller's foot in the 1st quarter. With Waller hobbling around on one foot part of the time, and being replaced by 5'9" back-up QB Simpson the rest of the time, Servite still managed to lead late in the 4th Q 17-14, but with a generous 4th down spot, MD punched it in to win by 3 points. A week later, still hobbling on one foot, Waller and the Friars came up short (17-22) against Santa Margarita. Then, with two losses to the top two teams (Bosco and J Serra) Servite still made the playoffs, losing to Long Beach Poly by 1 point (33-34).

Is that right around the same time St. X in Cincy was annually touted as "the best 6-loss team in the country"? Always thought that was an interesting take. And Servite lost their QB mid-season and went on to lose 5 games thereafter, which somehow helps them qualify for dynasty points?

14 hours ago, MD87 said:

Agreed.  The time period is clearly the past five years, and the Anaheim school has only performed at an elite level the past two seasons really.  Off the top of my head, I would say MV has a much better case to be on that list than the fry babies.

Hence the reason that rankings are best left to the professionals  such as Max Preps and The Tiers, and not the agenda driven boneheads from Santa Ana.

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hence the reason that rankings are best left to the professionals  such as Max Preps and The Tiers, and not the agenda driven boneheads from Santa Ana.

Let's take a look at what the professionals from Maxpreps ranked Anaheim School and MV the past 5 seasons, shall we? 

ANAHEIM SCHOOL

2017 #24 (CA)  #136 (US)
2018 #29 (CA) #195 (US)
2019 #10 (CA) #78 (US)
2020 #3 (CA) -----
2021 #2 (CA) #5 (US)
AVG #14 (CA) #104 (US)

MISSION VIEJO

2017 #6 (CA) #17 (US)
2018 #8 (CA) #26 (US)
2019 #6 (CA) #23 (US)
2020 #12 (CA) ------
2021 #6 (CA) #71 (US)
AVG #8 (CA) #34 (US)

I rest my case.

25 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Let's take a look at what the professionals from Maxpreps ranked Anaheim School and MV the past 5 seasons, shall we? 

ANAHEIM SCHOOL

2017 #24 (CA)  #136 (US)
2018 #29 (CA) #195 (US)
2019 #10 (CA) #78 (US)
2020 #3 (CA) -----
2021 #2 (CA) #5 (US)
AVG #14 (CA) #104 (US)

MISSION VIEJO

2017 #6 (CA) #17 (US)
2018 #8 (CA) #26 (US)
2019 #6 (CA) #23 (US)
2020 #12 (CA) ------
2021 #6 (CA) #71 (US)
AVG #8 (CA) #34 (US)

I rest my case.

A school can't be considered for a dynasty if they have not been in the State Top 5 or National Top 15 over the said time period.

Can't believe this needs to be explained.

15 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Mater Dei broke his foot or he broke his foot playing a full contact sport? Goodness gracious dude. This is bad even for you. Bragging about making the playoffs and only having 4 wins? Bragging about being 1-0 League while beating only beating the last place finisher. Hell. I don’t even know what to say anymore. Outside of the last place finisher in the TL, the other 3 wins came against lower division public school teams. “You are quite correct!”

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

A school can't be considered for a dynasty if they have not been in the State Top 5 or National Top 15 over the said time period.

Can't believe this needs to be explained.

You mean like.......Folsom?! 🤣 🤣 🤣
2017 #3 (CA) #8 (US)
2018 #4 (CA) #7 (US)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD87 said:

You mean like.......Folsom?! 🤣 🤣 🤣
2017 #3 (CA) #8 (US)
2018 #4 (CA) #7 (US)

I am sure Folsom was "considered".  They obviously weren't chosen by the wise people at Max preps because they had very few if any signature wins during the said period.

The professionals take a holistic approach to dynasty rankings, not just focus on singular statistics to suit a bonehead agenda.   Can't believe I am wasting my time explaining this.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Very disingenuous and deceptive post.  But totally expected from the princess of deflections. 

Pro tip:  Leave the important stuff to the professionals.

What’s going on at servite? Beat team ever finishes 3rd in league and the entire staff bounces? Players leaving at an alarming rate. Sad but not shocking. Maybe you can make another profile and claim to be a Gorman fan. 

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I am sure Folsom was "considered".  They obviously weren't chosen by the wise people at Max preps because they had very few if any signature wins during the said period.

The professionals take a holistic approach to dynasty rankings, not just focus on singular statistics to suit a bonehead agenda.   Can't believe I am wasting my time explaining this.

"Holistic," as in 19 is a "whole lotta" losses for a "dynasty" team in 5 years!  Well over twice as many as every other CA team on the list! Or are we counting "quality butt kickings by MD and SJB," too?  🤣 🤣 🤣   

18 minutes ago, MD87 said:

"Holistic," as in 19 is a "whole lotta" losses for a "dynasty" team in 5 years!  Well over twice as many as every other CA team on the list! Or are we counting "quality butt kickings by MD and SJB," too?  🤣 🤣 🤣   

As part of the The professionals holistic approach, they factor in SOS.  11 of the losses were to MD and SJB which are #1 #2 in the Dynasty rankings.  Not complicated.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

AT THE LEAST FOLSOM HAS STATE TITLES... 

Whats Servite gotten recently?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

2014 servite was very good, 1 win against the last place finisher in the TL and 3 wins against lower division public schools. They were underrated!!

I notice you failed to mention that Mater Dei, despite being lucky enough to play a crippled Servite team (that they had to come from behind to beat by 3 points), still only finished in 3rd Place in the Trinity League and lost in the Quarterfinals😛