Most overrated band of all time?

ChimpGrip

I will probably catch a lot of heat for this but I’m going to say Queen. Never was a fan of their music. 

Just because a band or musician may be regarded as one of the best ever does NOT mean you must “like” them or “be a fan”, one can decide whether they like a group or not, regardless of how they’re ranked. 

I will also say Journey… is Journey. Give me ZZ Top, Duran Duran and The Doobie Brothers over them all day. 

My favorite bands of all time, for those are curious of my taste since I said Queen is overrated. In no order, 

The Doors, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Duran Duran, Prince, Clint Black, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin (The GOAT 🐐), Robert Plant, Black Sabbath

Others I like…

KC and the Sunshine Band, The Beatles, Paul McCartney, The Beegees, George Strait, George Jones, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Steely Dan, Carlos Santana, Bobby Brown 

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I will probably catch a lot of heat for this but I’m going to say Queen. Never was a fan of their music. 

Just because a band or musician may be regarded as one of the best ever does NOT mean you must “like” them or “be a fan”, one can decide whether they like a group or not, regardless of how they’re ranked. 

I will also say Journey… is Journey. Give me ZZ Top, Duran Duran and The Doobie Brothers over them all day. 

I like Queen, but I can see where the take comes from. Some of their stuff is pretty off the wall. 

I’ll do a “hold my beer” hot take and say Nirvana. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Queen was nice.

On 6/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, ChimpGrip said:

My favorite bands of all time, for those are curious of my taste since I said Queen is overrated. In no order, 

The Doors, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Duran Duran, Prince, Clint Black, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin (The GOAT 🐐), Robert Plant, Black Sabbath

Others I like…

KC and the Sunshine Band, The Beatles, Paul McCartney, The Beegees, George Strait, George Jones, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Steely Dan, Carlos Santana, Bobby Brown 

All those Georges, why not Clinton? Maybe some Eagles?