Top Texas Games - Week 1

WILKINSON

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

The Bosco is absolutely excited for tonight’s game. They seem thrilled for the opportunity to be playing in Allen’s atmosphere and stadium. 

I’ll be nice to them just for tonight.

Good luck to both 🍀

27624E4E-405D-410B-875A-DC2846DFEB32.jpeg.2fdfb1f2a6e33e8c1d1efe2f65bb0d51.jpeg

It would be better if they were playing a better team. Unfortunately, it will be nothing more than an elaborate practice for them. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RedZone said:

finch tactic #1

Make stuff up to help his little buddy who needs help badly. 😂

Why do you do this to yourself when we have the receipts?

👇

On 5/18/2022 at 8:02 PM, RedZone said:

John Curtis has NEVER ever dominated Louisiana 5A and are currently struggling to win state championships in Louisiana's highest Private Class. Curtis has 1 state championship since becoming 5A/D1, almost a decade now.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:16 PM, RedZone said:

John Curtis played 3A, blockhead813.

What have they done so special since moving up to 5A......that's right

On 11/30/2021 at 7:21 PM, RedZone said:

Since joining the Catholic League John Curtis hasn't exactly set it on fire and neither would Tampa Jesuit or the rest of them really.

23 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Curtis wouldn't have been winning in that timeframe either. That's the funny part.  They would've been the bridesmaid to ECA and West Monroe for years

It seems to me that good ole RedZone is attempting to have it both ways.

Brag about Curtis during their heyday in 2A, without mentioning that they weren't good enough to win in 5A at the time, and then brag about their lack of success today in 5A/D1.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

It would be better if they were playing a better team. Unfortunately, it will be nothing more than an elaborate practice for them. 

I kind of like this matchup just for the pageantry alone.

I don’t really know anyone else other than Duncanville who would be good for them. 

Desoto is already primed to play them next year; Maybe North Shore? 

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Why repeat factual RedZone statements, I don't get it

Because you said I was making stuff up when I said that you did it.

👇

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

finch tactic #1

Make stuff up to help his little buddy who needs help badly. 😂

This is vintage RedZone.

Never has any substance in his defenses of himself. Instead he just obfuscates and then when shown proof he acts like we're crazy for saying re-posting facts.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

and then brag about their lack of success today in 5A/D1.

No one is bragging....more finch being finch.

Some of those Curtis teams that won 2A and 3A titles could have won 5A. Hell, Curtis won 6 or 7 4A titles with power teams.

The simple point is their roll has slowed since joining the Catholic League. It cannot be debated even by the master race.

Some of those Curtis teams that won 2A and 3A titles could have won 5A. Hell, Curtis won 6 or 7 4A titles with power teams.

The simple point is their roll has slowed since joining the Catholic League. It cannot be debated even by the master race.

Liar. Curtis is only good in Louisiana. They have been dented vs any OOS team with a pulse. Let’s see how they do against lowly Oak Grove. LMAO!! I guess Choctaw or Tate weren’t available 

14 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I kind of like this matchup just for the pageantry alone.

I don’t really know anyone else other than Duncanville who would be good for them. 

Desoto is already primed to play them next year; Maybe North Shore? 

Allen is not obligated to schedule SJB, they should be playing a lower tiered team like Miami central, colquitt county, SJP, ESL, etc. none of those teams they’d be favored in but would provide a more realistic challenge. 

• Like 1

Some could've,  and a lot of their teams wouldn't have. I just showed you 2 who wouldn't have.  There's a lot more that wouldn't have as well.  The reality is,  Curtis outside of the last two years hasn't changed at all. They were still a Top 5 Louisiana team but they just happened to have to play the teams that are better then them. Not so in their 2A-4A years

That would've happened a long time ago if they played in the same division as  ECA and West Monroe

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

People with eyes beg to differ.

👇

On 12/21/2021 at 12:16 PM, RedZone said:

John Curtis played 3A, blockhead813.

What have they done so special since moving up to 5A......that's right

...blockhead813 searches for his inverted penis again.

Let us know when you find it.

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

So if you think their best 2A/3A teams could have won in 5A then why are you constantly reminding us that they haven't won anything in 5A?

In that case it would just be that they're not as good today as they used to be.

You're just trying to play both sides.

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It seems to me that good ole RedZone is attempting to have it both ways.

Brag about Curtis during their heyday in 2A, without mentioning that they weren't good enough to win in 5A at the time, and then brag about their lack of success today in 5A/D1.

Exactly, he's acting like they would've been knocking out 5A titles at that time too. West Monroe and ECA would've been ousting them routinely from 96-05 at the very least too

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Allen is not obligated to schedule SJB, they should be playing a lower tiered team like Miami central, colquitt county, SJP, ESL, etc. none of those teams they’d be favored in but would provide a more realistic challenge. 

That makes sense.

I would like to see them make a rise in the title contenders picture again, then maybe they could be able to schedule good oos matchups again.

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So if you think their best 2A/3A teams could have won in 5A then why are you constantly reminding us that they haven't won anything in 5A?

Is this that hard for you?

I'm talking about the current landscape/situation and 2022.

If you think Curtis would NOT be knocking out 2A and 3A titles right now you are delusional.

If you think Curtis would NOT be knocking out 2A and 3A titles right now you are delusional.

I don't.

But I also don't play both sides like you are.

Bragging about dominant Curtis in the 2000's and then throwing them under the bus now because both of those arguments allow you to cling to your "Louisiana depth" claims.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They could've been knocking out 2A and 3A championships from 2015 to 2019. That wouldn't have made them any better.  

You seem to think a championship elevates Curtis. It doesn't. Curtis in their entire history was the top team in Louisiana like 3 or 4 times in the last 25 years.  They just didn't play against the top teams.  That's it.  Just because they won 2A, 3A, 4A etc in any given year,  doesn't make them any better then the 2015 team that didn't win state at the highest level

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I don't.

But I also don't play both sides like you are.

Bragging about dominant Curtis in the 2000's and then throwing them under the bus now because both of those arguments allow you to cling to your "Louisiana depth" claims.

2013: The year STA, FL beat 3A/D2 State Champ John Curtis....5A/D1 St Aug also beat Curtis.......Rummel then knocked St  Aug out of the Playoffs.

Curtis is probably not winning 5A/D1 that year.

Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 3A District 11 II 10-2 4-0 (1st) 6-0 62.1 33.7 93-48
WINS: #138 Karr [Edna] (New Orleans, LA) (38-33), #342 Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) (24-13), #372 University Lab (Baton Rouge, LA) (32-0), #1089 Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, LA) (40-6), #1312 East St. John (Reserve, LA) (39-7), #1886 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (48-0), #1886 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (46-13), #6801 De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) (41-7), #7878 McMain [Eleanor] (New Orleans, LA) (49-6), #9639 Lusher (New Orleans, LA) (67-8), LOSSES: #146 St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA) (29-28), #312 Aquinas [St. Thomas] (Fort Lauderdale, FL) (27-13)

2014; The following year Curtis joined the Catholic League and took 2 losses Jesuit and St Aug (again)......last loss in the D1 Champ game to Jesuit.

Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 3A District 11 I 11-2 4-0 (1st) 2-2 54.1 36.4 96-60
WINS: #249 Brother Martin (New Orleans, LA) (40-20), #613 Lufkin (TX) (32-25), #655 Mandeville (LA) (14-0), #1343 East St. John (Reserve, LA) (42-13), #1416 Karr [Edna] (New Orleans, LA) (34-22), #1447 Covington (LA) (28-7), #1471 Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, LA) (13-7), #1556 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (27-21), #4000 De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) (35-0), #6866 McMain [Eleanor] (New Orleans, LA) (49-18), #7852 Lusher (New Orleans, LA) (48-14), LOSSES: #58 Jesuit (New Orleans, LA) (17-14), #1104 St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA) (15-13)

You people have NO clue...I'm giving you facts that cannot be debated.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

2013: The year STA, FL beat 3A/D2 State Champ John Curtis....5A/D1 St Aug also beat Curtis.......Rummel then knocked St  Aug out of the Playoffs.

Curtis is probably not winning 5A/D1 that year.

Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 3A District 11 II 10-2 4-0 (1st) 6-0 62.1 33.7 93-48
WINS: #138 Karr [Edna] (New Orleans, LA) (38-33), #342 Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) (24-13), #372 University Lab (Baton Rouge, LA) (32-0), #1089 Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, LA) (40-6), #1312 East St. John (Reserve, LA) (39-7), #1886 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (48-0), #1886 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (46-13), #6801 De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) (41-7), #7878 McMain [Eleanor] (New Orleans, LA) (49-6), #9639 Lusher (New Orleans, LA) (67-8), LOSSES: #146 St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA) (29-28), #312 Aquinas [St. Thomas] (Fort Lauderdale, FL) (27-13)

2014; The following year Curtis joined the Catholic League and took 2 losses Jesuit and St Aug (again)......last loss in the D1 Champ game to Jesuit.

Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 3A District 11 I 11-2 4-0 (1st) 2-2 54.1 36.4 96-60
WINS: #249 Brother Martin (New Orleans, LA) (40-20), #613 Lufkin (TX) (32-25), #655 Mandeville (LA) (14-0), #1343 East St. John (Reserve, LA) (42-13), #1416 Karr [Edna] (New Orleans, LA) (34-22), #1447 Covington (LA) (28-7), #1471 Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, LA) (13-7), #1556 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (27-21), #4000 De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) (35-0), #6866 McMain [Eleanor] (New Orleans, LA) (49-18), #7852 Lusher (New Orleans, LA) (48-14), LOSSES: #58 Jesuit (New Orleans, LA) (17-14), #1104 St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA) (15-13)

You people have NO clue...I'm giving you facts that cannot be debated.

The Curtis train has slowed!

• Haha 1