35 The St. Joseph Regional @ 44 Don Bosco Preparatory final See y’all at MetLife

FreeBird

8 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

Do we have a QB? Your guess is as good as anyone's. They haven't had to do much the first 2 games so only time will tell, I think you will have problems in the secondary against BC though especially against Quincy Porter (6'5" and very talented).  I thought your run D was not good but like you said the problems in the secondary overshadowed the issues that you had upfront. No matter how you slice it you gave up 35 points on back to back weeks and I don't think you get to 30 on Bergen so it comes down to finding major improvements somewhere on that D which I am of the mindset is impossible because I don't believe you have the horses.

We’ll do what delby did only better.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

I actually I think I’m pretty objective. I just write what I see and until proven wrong you guys have a D problem that you admit to & we have an offense that is pedestrian and not flashy but has good size upfront and just enough playmakers to be effective. I think they get to the 24 to 28 range on you & I don’t think you get to 30 on us. You disagree?  Can DBP win in 2 weeks? Absolutely!! I haven’t seen the killer instinct on our team and they have been reading their own press but I do think we have to favored until we lose

I was bustin’

• FreeBird changed the title to 35 The St. Joseph Regional @ 44 Don Bosco Preparatory final See y’all at MetLife

DeVito performance yesterday 

https://www.google.com/search?q=illinois+football&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#sie=m;/g/11rqfj77sm;6;/m/012hfxch;tb2;fp;1;;;

His father used to post.  Funny guy I met at AHP game.  I didn’t know at the time meeting him who his wife was.  Her Parents owned a bakery moons ago in my hometown.  Pretty woman.  He did fine.  

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=illinois+football&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#sie=m;/g/11rqfj77sm;6;/m/012hfxch;tb2;fp;1;;;

His father used to post.  Funny guy I met at AHP game.  I didn’t know at the time meeting him who his wife was.  Her Parents owned a bakery moons ago in my hometown.  Pretty woman.  He did fine.  

Thx.  Does he have a chance to be drafted in late rounds?  

Spent a lot of time with his dad at games.  He was mostly having a good time.  He didn’t take himself too seriously.  I loved his posts.  He was at a game last year.  He’s good friends with Courtney’s dad, who is a very good guy.  A lot of laughs, we had.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

This happened last year as well. Delby lacks playmakers but they don’t lack size on the lines. Several 300 pounders on the lines.  Remember Delby was the closest lady year as well 28-19 final 

They might be 300 pounds but are they actually good?  I saw a video  of our JV game, and one of our linemen is like 240 5’8 and absolutely bullied the kid that had like 160 pounds on him and like a 2 foot height difference  lol 

Just now, FreeBird said:

They might be 300 pounds but are they actually good?  I saw a video  of our JV game, and one of our linemen is like 240 5’8 and absolutely bullied the kid that had like 160 pounds on him and like a 2 foot height difference  lol 

Yeah I understand but we couldn't run between the tackles, their size and the 1 D tackle is their Hwt wrestler, they clogged up the middle and made it a long day. We all know that no matter the team if you can't run the ball the world gets a lot harder.

9 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Thx.  Does he have a chance to be drafted in late rounds?  

Spent a lot of time with his dad at games.  He was mostly having a good time.  He didn’t take himself too seriously.  I loved his posts.  He was at a game last year.  He’s good friends with Courtney’s dad, who is a very good guy.  A lot of laughs, we had.  

Yea he was a character that night.  
His father in law had a sweet red 911 back in the day.  Lexy had a teal color Vette as a teen and with her blonde hair stood out just a tad.  :) 

He may get a tryout for a squad.  Bart Houston did.  I doubt he’ll be signed as a UDFA.  Wish him luck.  Lot of people from my neck of suburban NJ are rooting for him.  

20 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Never forget the time he tried to jump over a barrier…him and his ponytail didn’t make it 😂..

that’s when the admin put the clamps on tailgating.🤬

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Yeah I understand but we couldn't run between the tackles, their size and the 1 D tackle is their Hwt wrestler, they clogged up the middle and made it a long day. We all know that no matter the team if you can't run the ball the world gets a lot harder.

No I was asking how good thier big bodies are, I only saw score I didn’t see game

3 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

No I was asking how good thier big bodies are, I only saw score I didn’t see game

oh   they were rather good..overpowering? No not at all but definitely the strength of the team..they will shoot the gap and I thought the D coordinator blitzed appropriately to get added pressure.  O line was BC's weakness last year but was covered up by the abundance of depth & talent everywhere else. Could be the weakness this year as well, only time will tell

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm always amused when I watch these clips and they're played at stadiums that don't even have bleachers on both sides of the field.

Or don't even have lights.

Or in some cases both.

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t GS and his staff help build the visitor stands way back when in the 70’s? I seem to recall reading about that.  Or some construction project for the field.  

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t GS and his staff help build the visitor stands way back when in the 70’s? I seem to recall reading about that.  Or some construction project for the field.  

They built the entire stadium prior to Smith's first season as head coach. Before that their homes games were at PAL in Plantation.

• Thanks 1