PAC 12 is absolutely Horrible.

DevilDog

4 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Why would you even mention 2020? Their season was cancelled until late Sep and they didn’t play until November. And many of the top players opted out, and many hired agents prior to the season being back on. Then Colorado gets to play four games against depleted rosters of an already shitty conference before taking on a top 20 Texas team that played a whole season (minus two) in a bowl game? Come on, bruh. 

Ok explain 2021.  And 2022 so far out of conference vs power 5.  It seems Wisconsin is the only team they have success with.  I expect FSC #1 powerhouse North Dakota State travel to Arizona this weekend and beat them. 

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Ok explain 2021.  And 2022 so far out of conference vs power 5.  It seems Wisconsin is the only team they have success with.  I expect FSC #1 powerhouse North Dakota State travel to Arizona this weekend and beat them. 

You’re not wrong, but just saying they didn’t win a single bowl game in 2020 is misleading. 

My explanation is the best west coast players aren’t playing on the west coast in college anymore. It’s that simple I think.

I took the over on Arizona win total at two. They’re much improved, though hard not to be after going 1-11. They had a top 25 recruiting class and got some good transfers. Jeff Fisch is doing big things there, but it’s obviously a work in progress. 

NDSU is no joke, we all know that. They are very experienced… average age of the starting defense is like 26. 15ish seniors starting and the rest are juniors. 13 starters back from a national championship team. Grown men going against mostly underclassmen including a healthy dose of true freshmen in the rotation. 

I expect Zona to get smacked, too, but they’re definitely capable of winning this one. NDSU would take care of a ton of FBS teams. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The PAC 12 has 4 teams in the top 15 after week 4. Probably the most at this point in a season in ages… or maybe it just seems that way. They aren’t competing for the top conference spot, but the ACC has graciously taken the honor of worst.

The bottom two teams are horrible, like every conference, and Stanford is still a mystery we’ll figure out soon. But aside from not having a legit title contender, the conference is much stronger from top to bottom than any time in recent memory. Their likely 10th best team beat NDSU, and UCLA, WAZZU, and Oregon St. at 10-2  look like the middle of the pack. And those two losses were by a total of six points against Oregon and USC. 

For the first time in forever I’m looking forward to PAC 12 play. There’s more parity than there’s been in years (of this quality, anyway), and it should make for some good football in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

The bottom two teams are horrible, like every conference... 

For the first time in forever I’m looking forward to PAC 12 play. There’s more parity than there’s been in years (of this quality, anyway), and it should make for some good football in the coming weeks.

image.png.0bb693743874d6f0b81a01d46ca19f0c.png

Great logo. Awesome tradition running Ralphie before kickoff. 

Unbelievably, pathetically embarrassing program at this point.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Yeah that one is just a complete mystery. How? Seriously… how? They averaged over 9 wins a year and won a national championship in the 90s. 

I don't know, but they've been having difficulty competing with others regarding the salary they are willing to pay coaches, both Head and just as importantly the assistants. They finally got out of the cellar and aren't last anymore in the PAC12 as far as HC salaries go -- they are still in the bottom half -- and ended up only getting a UCLA guy!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I don't know, but they've been having difficulty competing with others regarding the salary they are willing to pay coaches, both Head and just as importantly the assistants. They finally got out of the cellar and aren't last anymore in the PAC12 as far as HC salaries go -- they are still in the bottom half -- and ended up only getting a UCLA guy!

And not one of the better UCLA guys, at that!

17 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

And not one of the better UCLA guys, at that!

Hmmm...I don't think I like what you are insinuating here...

I'll have you know my Bruins are currently a perfect 4-0...of course the forecast for tonight calls for announcers to compare the D-Line to swiss cheese...and it will be an insult to the cheese....

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Hmmm...I don't think I like what you are insinuating here...

I'll have you know my Bruins are currently a perfect 4-0...of course the forecast for tonight calls for announcers to compare the D-Line to swiss cheese...and it will be an insult to the cheese....

My dad grew up a few houses down from Toledo, but UCLA is as good at hiring coaches as Jim Craemer is at picking stocks.

Love UCLA, but I took the Dawgs to cover tonight. If I weren’t Irish I’d have been a Bruin.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'm on UCLA today. I'm not sold on Washington and their terrible schedule.  I think UCLA scores 35. I'll take 3 points

Yeah I’m second guessing it. Without looking, I’m assuming Michigan St is the best opponent between the two of them, and they aren’t even in the top 50. Outside of sobriety, nothing would surprise me tonight.

36 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Yeah I’m second guessing it. Without looking, I’m assuming Michigan St is the best opponent between the two of them, and they aren’t even in the top 50. Outside of sobriety, nothing would surprise me tonight.

I wouldn't bet on Bichigan Jr. Being Sober right now... 

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

The SEC has been knocked off its perch…

image.thumb.png.92e4563b7538dba8af308c2c589d1152.png

1. Pac-12

In its last season of existence as we know it, the Pac-12 has proven to be an absolute monster. Washington, behind Heisman Trophy contender Michael Penix Jr at quarterback, has elevated itself all the way to No. 2 in the CBS Sports 133. The Pac-12 landed five teams in the top 15 of our comprehensive FBS rankings: Oregon at No. 7, USC at No. 9, Utah at No. 12 and Washington Stateat No. 15. One-third of the top 15 teams in the country reside out west, and what's most impressive is that these teams are doing it on both sides of the ball. Four of the top five scoring offenses are in the Pac-12 (USC, Oregon, Washington and Washington State), while three are in the top 11 nationally in total defense (UCLA, Utah and Oregon). Is the Pac-12's dominance sustainable? That remains to be seen, but the first month of the season has been phenomenal for a conference that is in the midst of ugly divorce proceedings

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, GoBigBlack said:

Yeah that one is just a complete mystery. How? Seriously… how? They averaged over 9 wins a year and won a national championship in the 90s. 

I still ask myself how Kordell Stewart threw a football perfectly 72 yards in the air and a tipped ball later, Michael Westbrook celebrated an upset victory in Ann Arbor with his teammates.  #wronghail for Michigan.  

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 1:33 AM, DevilDog said:

Why is the PAC 12 softer than Charmin, wrapped in Cotton and stuffed in a Mascot's ass?  They constantly get beat by everyone.  USC is a paper tiger till they actually play someone not named Rice and that Pathetic Ass Conference.  The best team lost to an average Florida team last week.   The Big 12 has stomped Colorado and Azzie State already this year.   SEC has mushed Buttah  and Azzie 😄

• Oregon State 21   Fresno State 23 4th qtr
  • Mississippi State 25 Arizona 10 3rd qtr 
  • Arizona State 17 Oklahoma State 34  
  • Colorado 10 Air Force 41

Their one good win was over Wisconsin.  That means Wisconsin was overrated and terrible: 🤣.  The rest was against big time Underdogs and Cal struggled against UNLV at home.  They played Southern Utah, Alabama State, Portland State and Eastern Washington.  No other power Conference played that many cream puffs in Week 2. 

Washington State 19
Wisconsin 14

UNLV 14 California 20

Then, NEON DEION will fit right in!

As an aside, what's the over and under, as to whether or NOT, Shadud Sanders stays out of intensive care this season? He leads the NATION in sacks incurred, at TWENTY TWO. I wanna see that befuddled look on his face, when Tejas grown Bear Alexander, rips his nuggies off tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

Then, NEON DEION will fit right in!

As an aside, what's the over and under, as to whether or NOT, Shadud Sanders stays out of intensive care this season? He leads the NATION in sacks incurred, at TWENTY TWO. I wanna see that befuddled look on his face, when Tejas grown Bear Alexander, rips his nuggies off tomorrow.

Whoa… coming in hot. This is the happy place.

• Haha 1