Cedar Grove Saints

Rufus69

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sure they would dumbass. Just like Chaminade would in Georgia. They beat 6A state champ Buford so we know for sure they would win classes 1-6A in GA. And I would have given them a shot against Collins Hill last year given the fact that some random Washington state team chopped them down 

Excuse you good sir... 

6A Buford is Yesteryear... 

7A Buford is a Different breed of success

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

As for Florida wouldn't SJC's 35-13 loss to CG kinda ruin one of Chaminade's signature wins 35-28 over SJB?  For rankings and what not. Definitely would knock their SOS I assume.

I don't think it ruins C-M's ranking at all. This is an upset (like Iona Prep over DBP). SJC will drop for sure, but won't fall THAT far. All of these powerhouse teams are scheduling more and more OOS teams. They will take take some losses and upsets. That's the nature of it now that teams are traveling that much more. 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

CG has been solid for years now, and won the 3A title by 30 points last year... very athletic team with solid D1 prospects most every year. Very good win for them.

Mill Creek, Colquitt, & SJC is a brutal 3 game stretch.

Collins Hill, Mill Creek, Colquitt and St.Johns....

And all on the road.

And they win 2 pf them.

Rufus>>

16 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Excuse you good sir... 

6A Buford is Yesteryear... 

7A Buford is a Different breed of success

Personally, I think Buford right now is overhyped. I'd certainly put Mill Creek over them and maybe even Colquitt County. Even 6A's Hughes could rank above them.

11 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

I don't care what anyone say's, CG has one of toughest schedules in the nation.

Easily. I talked to some of the players in the preseason and they were very skeptical about it, but now they feel that it was the right move and has better prepared them.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, OldTerrapin said:

SJC threw more punches and had more guys tossed... if you have Flo its at 23:31 of the second replay video. SJC kinda started it throwing a guy down that was way out of bounds on CG bench..then all hell broke loose. A play earlier SJC took a real cheap shot at CG QB long after he slid and was down. SJC had another unsportsmanlike on their last position as well before CG got the ball... SJC was the one losing their cool

#15 of SJC ran up behind a dude with a towel over his head trying to pull his teammate back and sucker punched him then ran ran back behind his team.. What a punk  lol

Fwiw….SJC suspended multiple players (maybe as many as 10) from yesterday’s game with McNamara for their involvement in the melee with Cedar Grove. Lucky it was McNamara and not GC or DeMatha.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Fwiw….SJC suspended multiple players (maybe as many as 10) from yesterday’s game with McNamara for their involvement in the melee with Cedar Grove. Lucky it was McNamara and not GC or DeMatha.

I didn't watch the game, but, knowing what I know about how Cedar Grove acted in Moultrie during our game, they are really dirty. They will get your players out of sorts and cause ugly situations. 

Now, your team has to be able to practice self control as well, but, yeah. Cedar Grove isn't your everyday good sportsman type of team. 

I'd be very surprised if Colquitt ever plays them again judging by how our head coach reacted to their actions during our game. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I didn't watch the game, but, knowing what I know about how Cedar Grove acted in Moultrie during our game, they are really dirty. They will get your players out of sorts and cause ugly situations. 

Now, your team has to be able to practice self control as well, but, yeah. Cedar Grove isn't your everyday good sportsman type of team. 

I'd be very surprised if Colquitt ever plays them again judging by how our head coach reacted to their actions during our game. 

I was told by a pretty knowledgeable Packer....that was it.

Rufus>>