Lime Sink's FINAL Preseason Georgia Top Ten (8/15)

Rufus69

Well...the REAL is about to come down HARD in Georgia.  We've run the numbers.  We've watched the video.  And we've come up with our FINAL starting point.  The only Georgia Poll that counts....The Lime Sink Gospel :

1.  Grayson

2.  Marietta

3.  Lowndes

4.  McEachern

5.  Norcross

6.  Brookwood

7.  Valdosta

8.  Cartersville

9.  Milton

10.  Tucker

Things could change by Sunday.  Should be VERY interesting this weekend.  The Valdosta/Lowndes game will be a monster.  And the Colquitt/Norcross game should be entertaining.  Playtime is officially OVER........

Rufus>>

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I saw something on the Georgia Board that was.....alarming to me. Is it true that Dosta was the only team willing to play Colquitt this season from middle to south georgia?

True story, per Rush Propst.

He has said that he calls Lee County and they laugh at him, and he reiterated, "I'm not joking." TCC, a no, Warner Robins a no, etc. etc. right down the board. Any school worth the call down here says no or doesn't return calls.

This is why you end up with Holy Trinity Back Out Of Contract School on the schedule to begin with. Side note on that...

No call from them about not coming to play. They never called. Colquitt County Athletics had to learn via here and MaxPreps. Put in calls to learn what was happening or why, and never got a return call. Mickey Mouse shit down there in Florida. It's fitting that Disney World is down there. Ol' Mickey Mouse ass state. xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He has said that he calls Lee County and they laugh at him, and he reiterated, "I'm not joking." TCC, a no, Warner Robins a no, etc. etc. right down the board. Any school worth the call down here says no or doesn't return calls. This is why you end up with Holy Trinity Back Out Of Contract School on the schedule to begin with. Side note on that... No call from them about not coming to play. They never called. Colquitt County Athletics had to learn via here and MaxPreps. Put in calls to learn what was happening or why, and never got a return call. Mickey Mouse shit down there in Florida. It's fitting that Disney World is down there. Ol' Mickey Mouse ass state. xD

Now that's crazy. If this is supposed to be another mediocre-ish year for colquitt, you would think that teams would be chomping at the bit to play em.........especially a team like Warner Robins with the new transfers. What a shame.

• Like 2

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Now that's crazy. If this is supposed to be another mediocre-ish year for colquitt, you would think that teams would be chomping at the bit to play em.........especially a team like Warner Robins with the new transfers. What a shame.

I think Colquitt is dangerous even on a "still young" year. Teams know this and like has been mentioned on here by numerous users and coaches, the W is important in being able to keep a job if you are a coach. People love coaches when they are winning, but throw them out when they have a down season or two. These guys in South Georgia know that better than most. I'm surprised Randy Mac has survived the last couple of seasons given the atmosphere down here in the south.

• Like 1

Also, don't think I'm hating on Colquitt. I think Rush was attempting to dampen expectations a bit with the TD Club last night though. The schedule is tough. The team is young. It's a recipe for a disaster or a miracle type season. 

We have SEC talent in a few positions, but some of them are still young. Youth breeds mistakes in spite of talent levels. I think if we can go to Georgia State Stadium and come away with nice win, I'll feel much better from my own personal view point. Seeing that Norcross is ranked 5th on the Homer Poll, if Colquitt can pull out the miracle, I can see them at 10-12. 

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Also, don't think I'm hating on Colquitt. I think Rush was attempting to dampen expectations a bit with the TD Club last night though. The schedule is tough. The team is young. It's a recipe for a disaster or a miracle type season. 

We have SEC talent in a few positions, but some of them are still young. Youth breeds mistakes in spite of talent levels. I think if we can go to Georgia State Stadium and come away with nice win, I'll feel much better from my own personal view point. Seeing that Norcross is ranked 5th on the Homer Poll, if Colquitt can pull out the miracle, I can see them at 10-12. 

seeing that they're young, they could always overachieve like Dosta did last year. You see how that turned out for them.... hell, it even brought back to national prominence. 

But yeah, that Norcross vs colquitt game is a big deal for Rush & company. With a win, they could use that momentum to help them beat one of the greatest teams on the planet in vista murrieta next weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, FootballGuy said:

seeing that they're young, they could always overachieve like Dosta did last year. You see how that turned out for them.... hell, it even brought back to national prominence. 

But yeah, that Norcross vs colquitt game is a big deal for Rush & company. With a win, they could use that momentum to help them beat one of the greatest teams on the planet in vista murrieta next weekend.

We are young. We are also good. The question is, does the young team show up? Or... Does the good team show up? 

I'd love to think we will roll on every team like we did Coffee, but the reality is, there aren't anymore Coffees in our future. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Mceachern must be there on reputation. They take a step back. Why? No Bailey. 

Marietta has to gel. Learn to win.

Norcross has a good D. QB will be key.

Valdosta will struggle in the trenches

If Lowndes plays D, they may be # 1.

Milton has to prove themselves, just like Marietta.

Brookwood belongs. They will be a hard out. 

Tucker may have more talent than anyone other than Grayson.

Cartersville is probably # 2 or 3. 

1. Every time I think McEachern will be bad, they always prove me wrong. So, they'll be just fine.....I think.

2. You want Valdosta to struggle so bad in the trenches....probably want em to struggle entirely.....Hater! lol

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He has said that he calls Lee County and they laugh at him, and he reiterated, "I'm not joking." TCC, a no, Warner Robins a no, etc. etc. right down the board. Any school worth the call down here says no or doesn't return calls.

This is why you end up with Holy Trinity Back Out Of Contract School on the schedule to begin with. Side note on that...

No call from them about not coming to play. They never called. Colquitt County Athletics had to learn via here and MaxPreps. Put in calls to learn what was happening or why, and never got a return call. Mickey Mouse shit down there in Florida. It's fitting that Disney World is down there. Ol' Mickey Mouse ass state. xD

I know we aren't mid or south Ga.  I was told we tried the past two years to set a game up and it didn't happen.  I have no idea or knowledge about if we tried this year.

Just now, Fred said:

I know we aren't mid or south Ga.  I was told we tried the past two years to set a game up and it didn't happen.  I have no idea or knowledge about if we tried this year.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the past couple of years myself, but part of what brought Rush around to this last night was the travel stuff and how many of us down here think that the GHSA created an Atlanta league intentionally. It's not like we are wood choppers down here. We have a seat in the meetings too. We know how to read between the lines. It is what it is.

We try to keep some of the season's games/home and home contracts etc. close to home for the fan base. As you well know, we will travel to Atlanta, and well, but we are trying to keep from doing that 7 times a year. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I'm not sure about the past couple of years myself, but part of what brought Rush around to this last night was the travel stuff and how many of us down here think that the GHSA created an Atlanta league intentionally. It's not like we are wood choppers down here. We have a seat in the meetings too. We know how to read between the lines. It is what it is.

We try to keep some of the season's games/home and home contracts etc. close to home for the fan base. As you well know, we will travel to Atlanta, and well, but we are trying to keep from doing that 7 times a year. 

I get the travel logistics all too well hence the caveat that we aren't close.  We've had challenges building a schedule the past couple of years as well.  I think that is part of the reason we started looking OOS.  When the locals won't play you, you have to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Rush is honestly concerned about our inexperience and our lack of depth at key areas...specifically...O-Line.  The general consensus...even though he would LOVE to win them all...is to get to Region play decently healthy and fairly unscathed.  If we have any serious injuries....it could be a VERY long year.  But hey...it is what it is.  Make the Dance and make as much noise as possible.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Every time I think McEachern will be bad, they always prove me wrong. So, they'll be just fine.....I think.

2. You want Valdosta to struggle so bad in the trenches....probably want em to struggle entirely.....Hater! lol

Ive known McEachern was going to be a handful the last 3 years...

This year isnt going to be one of those years.

They arent nearly as loaded as they have been.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I think Rush is honestly concerned about our inexperience and our lack of depth at key areas...specifically...O-Line.  The general consensus...even though he would LOVE to win them all...is to get to Region play decently healthy and fairly unscathed.  If we have any serious injuries....it could be a VERY long year.  But hey...it is what it is.  Make the Dance and make as much noise as possible.

Rufus>>

No doubt about it. We are very young, but talented, at O-line and defensive backs. Wide receiver too. 

All the components are in place as far as talent levels, to have a good year. The youth is what is the "if" factor. 

I personally feel pretty good about where we are. I hope we win at least 3 of our non-region games, but, maybe we don't. Hammonds acted pretty nervous in convo so we'll see.

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't get mad at holy Trinity. That's like you choosing a girl with fake tits and getting mad at her if her tits fall off. 

You should of chosen a girl with a nice natural set. 

What's with you Colquitt guys obsessing over girls with no tits? 😂

16 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Mediocre for Colquitt, is their best team in a decade for some! And so it goes!