GA 7A Title: Grayson def. Roswell 23-20 in OT

ECHS05

2 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

For the most part, at least relative to the score, I would agree...but... for most of the game, Roswell kicked their ass and the game most likely, does not get to overtime if the officials had not really botched that completed pass.

If they played again tomorrow would you be confident in a winner?  I wouldn't.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I dont think Herron knows exactly what the Geico Series is yet... or how important it would be for GA. This is why a coach needs to be "in the know" on the national scene. If he doesnt, its a poor decision that I dont believe hes thought out yet.

I agree with the first part. I do not believe they have been heavily pushed by anyone. 

Graysons players were under the impression this was their last HSFB. I know that to be a fact. So if they get contacted after, then MAYBE?!?? But they aren't expecting it and haven't heard about it 

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I dont think Herron knows exactly what the Geico Series is yet... or how important it would be for GA. This is why a coach needs to be "in the know" on the national scene. If he doesnt, its a poor decision that I dont believe hes thought out yet.

Maybe it's more complicated than any of that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe it's more complicated than any of that.

I know of some complications... but I STILL dont believe Herron has really been talked to. Herron, the AD, whoever aides them in making decisions... need to sit down & talk about it. Talk about it with the Paragon people... the other teams going... coaches, like Propst, from around GA... they need a grasp on what this is and how big it could be.

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

If they played again tomorrow would you be confident in a winner?  I wouldn't.

Actually I think I would. Like most everyone else I was expecting Grayson to handle Roswell fairly easily ( by10 pts or more ) but what I saw was Grayson as a big play burner and Roswell as the more steady and complete team. With correct game planing and both squads at full strength, after what we saw tonight, I think I would hang with Roswell.

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Roswell. 

I dont see Cartersville going... maybe Valdosta....  

its the Geico State Champion Bowl Games...

Roswell cant go. They arent State Champions

Although Roswell is the only team Id feel comfortable with going.

Valdosta or Cartersville will be asked, because the GHSA is competing.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

its the Geico State Champion Bowl Games...

Roswell cant go. They arent State Champions

Although Roswell is the only team Id feel comfortable with going.

Valdosta or Cartersville will be asked, because the GHSA is competing.

I like Cartersville then.... 

I like Valdosta but I dont think they could beat either Bingham or Chandler....

3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Sounds like a great game. I'll admit I'm surprised it was that close.

If Grayson goe to the Gecio State Champion Bowl that's great. If not no big deal. It won't define their season. Their state champs that's what counts.

Roswell is a great team. but because of their schedule it didnt look that way.  I think that changes next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

When Propst leaves Motown. We should most certainly give Mr. Ford a call. I like that dude, and he is one helluva coach.

Lime Sink currently has (3) applications for the inevitable event.  Niblett, Calhoun and Herron.  There probably will be a few more.

Rufus>>