What happened to Alemany CA?

ECHS05

I remember when I first really got acquainted with Southern California football...  there were 2 teams that I really liked and would root for every weekend.. Chaminade & Alemany...

Chaminade had a couple down seasons... but It appears they are primed for a very good year this season. They play Mountain Pointe AZ, which is a great test to see where they are. A very close game it appears.

But...

Alemany has simply fallen off the map the last few years. Last year they were 4-6... albeit they played a lot of 2nd tier CA teams that were either top 100 teams or right on the cusp... they were competitive in most games...losing to JSerra 28-27, Santa Margarita 48-35, Oaks Christian 63-62, Chaminade 28-14, Bishop Amat 38-21, & Serra (Gardena) 35-24...  but since 2014 theyve gone from 7-3 to 5-5 to 4-6 last season. And the last time they made the playoffs was 2013, when they were 10-3 and lost to SJB in the Pac 5 Quarterfinals.

It looks like they are going down little by little every year... Im just wondering, why is that? And are they expected to rebound at any point?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I remember when I first really got acquainted with Southern California football...  there were 2 teams that I really liked and would root for every weekend.. Chaminade & Alemany...

Chaminade had a couple down seasons... but It appears they are primed for a very good year this season. They play Mountain Pointe AZ, which is a great test to see where they are. A very close game it appears.

But...

Alemany has simply fallen off the map the last few years. Last year they were 4-6... albeit they played a lot of 2nd tier CA teams that were either top 100 teams or right on the cusp... they were competitive in most games...losing to JSerra 28-27, Santa Margarita 48-35, Oaks Christian 63-62, Chaminade 28-14, Bishop Amat 38-21, & Serra (Gardena) 35-24...  but since 2014 theyve gone from 7-3 to 5-5 to 4-6 last season. And the last time they made the playoffs was 2013, when they were 10-3 and lost to SJB in the Pac 5 Quarterfinals.

It looks like they are going down little by little every year... Im just wondering, why is that? And are they expected to rebound at any point?

For some strange reason they fired their coach a couple years ago.He went to a another lower division private school (Paraclete) and last year they won a state championship 

• Like 2

What Ararar said. He turned a dwindling program in Paraclete back to prominence. Won  a state championship in the lower divisions last year. Paraclete plays Helix in the brothers in arms games Saturday at 12:00 Pacific time. Games will be streamed live on Foxsports West Prepzone.

Their coach was dean Harrington. He and his brother (HC at Hart) are respected coaches in SoCal. His departure didn't help. Also, i think it's tough in SFV to compete against the "lower" SoCal powers. The talent pool is not as good and the schools are generally smaller. Changes in class and rise of chaminade and Sierra canyon haven't helped either. Coach Rooney at notre dame has had a hard time winning cif championships too since moving to D1. It's just big boy ball and if you aren't winning, the schools are quick to pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think your mistaken this thread as an email you were supposed to send back to Rush asking for new teams to play from California 

GEEEEEZ Nole Boy! What do you want him to do, hold a gun to their head? Colquitt had SIX games to fill last season! And it took until April to fill the schedule! THEN, TWO of those canceled out! Where were they from again, I fergit!>:( As I recall, we had to go to SOCali and ole Virginnie, to fill those holes!

On 8/29/2017 at 5:11 PM, PrepGridiron said:

Their coach was dean Harrington. He and his brother (HC at Hart) are respected coaches in SoCal. His departure didn't help. Also, i think it's tough in SFV to compete against the "lower" SoCal powers. The talent pool is not as good and the schools are generally smaller. Changes in class and rise of chaminade and Sierra canyon haven't helped either. Coach Rooney at notre dame has had a hard time winning cif championships too since moving to D1. It's just big boy ball and if you aren't winning, the schools are quick to pull the trigger. 

Crespi 86' is still the only Valley team to win at the highest level in the SS. I was at that game, led by Russell White they avenged their only loss to coincidently enough SJB, who really was irrelevant prior to the Negro era. 

SFV is really more of a baseball hotbed.