Texas sucks at college football

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Huge wins for UCLA, Maryland, Liberty....at least TCU and Tech won!

Have you ever seen their HIGH SCHOOL football? They have ZERO fundamentals on DEEEEfense! I know why Texans LUUUUUV their high school ball! It's because people LUUUUV scoring! And watching Texas is like watching the Arena Football League!

I have always thought that about Texas college. While Texas is the king at HS football and has the most recruits and the most  best players, the problem is the blue chippers leave the state and the rest gets to watered down between all the 12 div 1 schools and junior colleges. Texas is not like many states like Nebraska that only have one major college but get great blue chippers from all over, and  at the same time has crappy HS football that only produces bout 7 recruits a yr. Nothing against Nebraska just an example.

• Like 1

There is issues without question with Texas College football.

IMO - Texas A&M has good enough talent to win at high level.  The problem is offensive philosophy = bad coaching and bad football.  

Basically the same philosophy is being used at every single university. 

It doesn't help that many of the best players are signing oos.

I couldn't help to notice that leading receiver and rusher from UCLA came from Texas. So many players leaving.

Ohio St starting RB and QB

Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee all have starting QBs from Texas.

3 more starting QB's in the Big 10

The list goes on and on in and it's not just QB's

While I hate the offense that is being played - I not going to panic over all this.  Texas has produced some solid teams

We have seen TCU beat some good people in the recent past. We have seen Houston beat a good Florida State, Louisville, and Oklahoma.

Two years ago Baylor and TCU was very close

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I know Texas is a big state but look at all the D1 teams in the state

Texas

TT
A&M

Baylor

TCU 

UTEP

UTSA
North Texas

Texas State

Houston

SMU

Texas Arlington

And that doesnt include the FCS schools that are in the state

Same situation with California...

and Florida, and North Carolina, and Ohio...and...

On 9/4/2017 at 2:20 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Most only choose to attend RU when it's absolutely their best D1 option, or when staying close to home is extremely important to you and your family. In the end, a free education is always a great education!! Ash DOES have the program moving in the right direction, which is great to see. 

Yea from a dumpsterfire. 

To a fork in the garbage disposal....

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Texasball said:

There is issues without question with Texas College football.

IMO - Texas A&M has good enough talent to win at high level.  The problem is offensive philosophy = bad coaching and bad football.  

Basically the same philosophy is being used at every single university. 

It doesn't help that many of the best players are signing oos.

I couldn't help to notice that leading receiver and rusher from UCLA came from Texas. So many players leaving.

Ohio St starting RB and QB

Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee all have starting QBs from Texas.

3 more starting QB's in the Big 10

The list goes on and on in and it's not just QB's

While I hate the offense that is being played - I not going to panic over all this.  Texas has produced some solid teams

We have seen TCU beat some good people in the recent past. We have seen Houston beat a good Florida State, Louisville, and Oklahoma.

Two years ago Baylor and TCU was very close

I agree Texasball while Texas loses the cream of the crop players to OOS teams but some have still done very well with less rated players like Art Bryles was doing with Baylor.  I will say the Texas college teams are building teams with a huge disadvantage. You almost never see a Texas team in the top 10 of recruiting.