Batten Down Boys...Big Mama Is Coming !!!!!!

Rufus69

So question No.1....do islands float?

I truly hope so cause that pine forest that surrounds our property in South Berlin gets kinda scary in high winds.  I think we staying put.  Well...that's the verdict as of today.  Colquitt is gonna hafta win without us.  Saw a meme where Texas said...we just got hit by the biggest hurricane in recorded history and Florida said...Hold My Beer. 

Question No.2....will Congress hafta raise the debt limits if North Korea launches a thermonuclear ICBM?

Let's see...I got King's Bay Nuclear Submarine Base about 12 miles north of me and Mayport Naval Base about 18 miles south of me...so I probably won't hafta worry a lot about the debt ceiling.

Question No.3....who loves ya baby?

Lime Sink loves ya.  And don't you forget it....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

Talking about this issue... According to 93.9 radio, Moultrie folks made a run on the gas stations yesterday and some of the stations ran out of fuel. 

Idk why they did that but they did. There was already thin supply due to offline pipelines and refineries due to Harvey. We were all being told the supply was ok under normal usage, but, I guess folks nutted up in fear of evacuees coming in and getting "our" supply.

Now I'm mad that I didn't have the foresight to outrun the loonies. xD

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Talking about this issue... According to 93.9 radio, Moultrie folks made a run on the gas stations yesterday and some of the stations ran out of fuel. 

Idk why they did that but they did. There was already thin supply due to offline pipelines and refineries due to Harvey. We were all being told the supply was ok under normal usage, but, I guess folks nutted up in fear of evacuees coming in and getting "our" supply.

All the stores here are sold clean out of water,Canned foods,Noodles and gas stations are hitting on E.... 

I learned a trick from my uncle though...

I got an emergency gas can....

I heard that they are not allowing South Georgia to open shelters because of the path of Irma... I'm probably gonna be in your neck of the woods saturday...

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Let's see...I got King's Bay Nuclear Submarine Base about 12 miles north of me and Mayport Naval Base about 18 miles south of me...so I probably won't hafta worry a lot about the debt ceiling.

Don't you remember your duck and cover drills?  If they were like mine, they were in a classroom with a wall of floor to ceiling windows that would have probably broken and cut us all to shreds long before we could get under our desks but hey!  It made people feel better.

• Haha 3

In the early '60s we had two neighbors across the street that built so called "bomb shelters" in their back yards. These 4ft high plywood boxes buried under a foot of sugar sand were for nuclear protection during the Cuban Missile Crisis. One might question the survivability of these hastily built structures, but the entertainment value alone was never in question. We kids played in, around, and on top of those underground coffins for months. Ah..the good ole days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

In the early '60s we had two neighbors across the street that built so called "bomb shelters" in their back yards. These 4ft high plywood boxes buried under a foot of sugar sand were for nuclear protection during the Cuban Missile Crisis. One might question the survivability of these hastily built structures, but the entertainment value alone was never in question. We kids played in, around, and on top of those underground coffins for months. Ah..the good ole days.

MY question has always been, WHY? If YOU'RE the ONLY ones left, what's the point? ADAM and EVE anyone?

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

SAME thing in THOMpSON, where I was yesterday at the dentist, spending $1100 on a crown for my coconut!

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

So question No.1....do islands float?

I truly hope so cause that pine forest that surrounds our property in South Berlin gets kinda scary in high winds.  I think we staying put.  Well...that's the verdict as of today.  Colquitt is gonna hafta win without us.  Saw a meme where Texas said...we just got hit by the biggest hurricane in recorded history and Florida said...Hold My Beer. 

Question No.2....will Congress hafta raise the debt limits if North Korea launches a thermonuclear ICBM?

Question No.3....who loves ya baby?

Lime Sink loves ya.  And don't you forget it....

Rufus>>

Be safe Rufus, we will be staying put as well.

3 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

I went shopping after Sandy hit & had burger meat,soup,eggs..in my cart..The people on line asked if I had electric.I told them no,but I have a gas stove.When I told them a match will ignite the burners, all hell broke loose.They all took off to get different stuff.

How the HELL do people not know this!

Hahaha! People are stupid, man. They are still procreating and everything that smart people do though. 

Well, except for lighting their gas stove with a match and cooking good stuff. UNTIL SOME ASSHOLE TOLD THEM! Now they eatin' good too. I'd have been laughing watching them fight over the last can of sardines and spam. 

If you had told them you had power or a gennie or whatever, you probably would have had to defend yourself and home from the sardine and spam eaters too. 

xD

PS. I was just joking about the "asshole" telling them. That was a good thing to do. 

Still, natural selection though. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha! People are stupid, man. They are still procreating and everything that smart people do though. 

Well, except for lighting their gas stove with a match and cooking good stuff. UNTIL SOME ASSHOLE TOLD THEM! Now they eatin' good too. I'd have been laughing watching them fight over the last can of sardines and spam. 

If you had told them you had power or a gennie or whatever, you probably would have had to defend yourself and home from the sardine and spam eaters too. 

xD

PS. I was just joking about the "asshole" telling them. That was a good thing to do. 

Still, natural selection though. :ph34r:

Who the hell fights over sardines? 

Idc if my stomach was touching my spine... 

Id starve to death before I ate Sardines. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Who the hell fights over sardines? 

Idc if my stomach was touching my spine... 

Id starve to death before I ate Sardines. 

Well, nobody during Sandy, because somebody told them how to light their stoves. >:(

Not a whole lot of gas stoves around here anymore. Not sure the percentages but I'd bet 80 percent of homes have electric ranges and probably 70 percent are total electric. 

So, I went and got in line for gas. There is still some to be had, but the price hopped 20 cents per gallon and Raceway for instance, said their last truck came in and they sold most of the regular already. They sell down to 2k gallons and stop and they had 3k gallons left. The higher octane stuff is still available. Idk for how long though, because they were busy. 

Damn crazy people. All they had to do was act normal and there would be enough for everyone. Instead they're filling up all of their vehicles, gas cans and milk jugs etc. 

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

All the stores here are sold clean out of water,Canned foods,Noodles and gas stations are hitting on E.... 

I learned a trick from my uncle though...

I got an emergency gas can....

I heard that they are not allowing South Georgia to open shelters because of the path of Irma... I'm probably gonna be in your neck of the woods saturday...

Please tell me why people in these areas wait to the last minute to prepare?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

Please tell me why people in these areas wait to the last minute to prepare?

Everyone in this area and Florida... 

Like to wait till the before and then get Jammed in traffic... 

Luckily I always stay stocked on Canned foods.

I got 5 cans of Creamed corn 

5 cans of Beans and franks. 

6 cans of various ravioli

My 2 Gallon can of gas. 

16 bottles of water 

5 bottles of Gatorade. 

6 cans of beer. 

A skillet. 

A lighter 

A floodlight 

My bible and my Wallet... 

23 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Everyone in this area and Florida... 

Like to wait till the before and then get Jammed in traffic... 

Luckily I always stay stocked on Canned foods.

I got 5 cans of Creamed corn 

5 cans of Beans and franks. 

6 cans of various ravioli

My 2 Gallon can of gas. 

16 bottles of water 

5 bottles of Gatorade. 

6 cans of beer. 

A skillet. 

A lighter 

A floodlight 

My bible and my Wallet... 

Dude...HUGE HUGE mistake....only 6 beers?  Wtf?   I thought I knew you man!!

• Haha 2