Grayson (GA) vs John Curtis (LA) (Sat.; 9/9)

ECHS05

Grayson GA vs John Curtis LA  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, Grayson or John Curtis, and by how much?

• Grayson wins big, by 2+ TDs
    • Grayson wins a close one
    • John Curtis wins in a close one
    • John Curtis wins big, by 2+ TDs

In a rare Georgia vs Louisiana matchup, both are concensus #1s in their states... Grayson #1 in GA and John Curtis is #1 in LA. 

This game will be played Saturday, Sept. 9th at 3:00pm at the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, LA.

Who has the edge here? There hasnt been any OOS games between LA & GA in recent memory .. so this'll be a big one.

LAs #1 vs GAs #1.

• Thanks 1

This is an intriguing game. Not sure what to expect here. On one hand, I think this plays right into Grayson's hands defensively and offensively they can out athlete JCC. But, JCC is a system and they've played athletic teams like Grayson in the past to some success. I also look at the relative coaching experience and that this game is played in Shreveport and I think JCC has a shot to pull the upset. 

• Like 1

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

This is an intriguing game. Not sure what to expect here. On one hand, I think this plays right into Grayson's hands defensively and offensively they can out athlete JCC. But, JCC is a system and they've played athletic teams like Grayson in the past to some success. I also look at the relative coaching experience and that this game is played in Shreveport and I think JCC has a shot to pull the upset. 

Prep, let's be real.... you're going for John Curtis ain't you?

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Prep, let's be real.... you're going for John Curtis ain't you?

HA! I am, but its not a GA/CA bias thing (maybe subconsciously). I totally recognize this offense plays right into the hands of GA defenses. My thought though is that JCC is a grind them type team. They'll play field position all night and catch a break somewhere. I'm also trying to figure out Grayson after only putting up 12 on McEachern. I'm going with coaching and location as the factors shifting the balance here. 

• Like 1

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

HA! I am, but its not a GA/CA bias thing (maybe subliminally). I totally recognize this offense plays right into the hands of GA defenses. My thought though is that JCC is a grind them type team. They'll play field position all night and catch a break somewhere. I'm also trying to figure out Grayson after only putting up 12 on McEachern. I'm going with coaching and location as the factors shifting the balance here. 

McEachern is that team that has been Grayson's kryptonite. Grayson usually beats them, but McEachern makes them work 48 minutes for that W. Like you said, JC's offfense plays right into Grayson's game plan on D, so there won't be a lot of big runs from JC's offense. And, from what I've seen, JC doesn't have the best passing attack either. 

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

HA! I am, but its not a GA/CA bias thing (maybe subconsciously). I totally recognize this offense plays right into the hands of GA defenses. My thought though is that JCC is a grind them type team. They'll play field position all night and catch a break somewhere. I'm also trying to figure out Grayson after only putting up 12 on McEachern. I'm going with coaching and location as the factors shifting the balance here. 

I mean. Grayson struggled last year also vs McEachern... they put up 13 points in 47 mins and 57 secs of a game vs them last year... and only won 16-13 on a last second FG. 

I am worried about the HCing experience. Although, most of Graysons assistant coaches have been there a while. Im not worried about Graysons D either. They'll do their job. Im more worried about Graysons O... we'll have to see how DJ Irons pulls them together. They have the talent...

Itll be a good one.

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I mean. Grayson struggled last year also vs McEachern... they put up 13 points in 47 mins and 57 secs of a game vs them last year... and only won 16-13 on a last second FG. 

I am worried about the HCing experience. Although, most of Graysons assistant coaches have been there a while. Im not worried about Graysons D either. They'll do their job. Im not worried about Graysons O... we'll have to see how DJ Irons pulls them together. They have the talent...

Itll be a good one.

Grayson's defense gave up 450 yards and 4 touchdowns to hoover in week one. 

Their offense scored 12 points the next week.

They havent put it together in each phase yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson's defense gave up 450 yards and 4 touchdowns to hoover in week one. 

Their offense scored 12 points the next week.

They havent put it together in each phase yet 

Grayson only gave up 3 TDs. ... and 2 FGs

Well ... John Curtis doesnt have the passing game that Hoover does. Hoovers balanced, and that big QB can sling the ball. 

So Grayson can focus mainly on the run game, that'll help a lot. 

Their offense, I meant to say I am a bit worried about.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I am worried about the HCing experience. Although, most of Graysons assistant coaches have been there a while. Im not worried about Graysons D either. They'll do their job. Im more worried about Graysons O... we'll have to see how DJ Irons pulls them together. They have the talent...

Itll be a good one.

Last year there was a ton of turmoil with some new guys, some old guys in new positions, a new coach determined to put his stamp on the team, etc., etc., etc.  There is a whole lot less of that this year.

It's not a matter of DJ pulling the O together.  It's more a matter of DJ pulling his own act together.  Still a lot of newness showing.  I thought we looked confused at times last week and it wasn't because of anything McEachern was doing.  We had to call TO a couple of time to avoid delay of game penalties.  Hopefully last week was an eye opener for the team.

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Has more to do with John Curtis than Grayson. 

Has more to do with Georgia than Grayson.

Has more to do with ratings than Grayson. 

Has more to do with rankings than Grayson.

Has more to do with poster perception than Grayson.

So you see, it is not about Grayson per se. 

Re-read my post and try to comprehend my thought process now that you know it was not about Grayson. 

Don't care about your thought process.Its about Grayson changing our perception of elite is what you said.GA always back peddling on their statements smh

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson only gave up 3 TDs.

Did you just correct that to make yourself feel better? The point remains their defense was bad in that game.

And no, Hoover's QB Parker cannot sling the ball. He wasn't even their started until MID AUGUST when Peyton quit the team. I've watched both of their games so far this season. An average offense moved the ball at will against Grayson in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Did you just correct that to make yourself feel better? The point remains their defense was bad in that game.

And no, Hoover's QB Parker cannot sling the ball. He wasn't even their started until MID AUGUST when Peyton quit the team. I've watched both of their games so far this season. An average offense moved the ball at will against Grayson in the second half. 

I corrected it because it was wrong. Did you make that comment because you are a bitter guy? You asked me in that way, because its the reason you wouldve done it.

Hes not bad... he was their QB in the 7on for much of the time. He throws a good deep ball.

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Based off the one varsity game you've seen of him and zero scholarships offers he has? Oh okay, good take. 

I watched him in the 7on also... like I just said.

And I guess thats based off the supposed TWO whole games youve seen him in. xD

Scholarship offers means you translate well with the bigger guys at the next level. Theres been some very good HS players that didnt have much in the way of offers.

Im not hes great, but hes serviceable. 

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And I guess thats based off the supposed TWO whole games youve seen him in

Oh, we're NOT going to count the game against Phenix City last year before Allen? The one we ran ON THIS BOARD. Because I'm pretty sure many watched him struggle in relief in the second half of that game, (you know), considering I ran an entire thread on that game. 

Keep trying though. Again, where did you watch that 7 on 7 at this year? Dying to hear about it.