St. John Bosco vs. Chaminade

PrepGridiron

SJB vs. Chaminade  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the margin of victory for SJB?

• They blow them out +3TDs
    • Chaminade keeps it close; under 10
    • Chaminade with the upset

Many think Chaminade, who is coming off a nice win against an Arizona power, is the No.5 (maybe no. 4) team in the state. St. John Bosco, the defending Open Champions, are coming off a sound beating of Garcés Memorial from Bakersfield. This game should show us how big the gap is between the top 3/4 teams and the rest of California. Do you think SJB wins by more than 3 touchdowns?

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Many think Chaminade, who is coming off a nice win against an Arizona power, is the No.5 (maybe no. 4) team in the state. St. John Bosco, the defending Open Champions, are coming off a sound beating of Garcés Memorial from Bakersfield. This game should show us how big the gap is between the top 3/4 teams and the rest of California. Do you think SJB wins by more than 3 touchdowns?

How good is Chaminade defense?

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Do you think SJB wins by more than 3 touchdowns?

Yes

am not sure anyone considers them in top 4 in state unless they're considering CC playing with a WR at QB all year

is there anyone (outside of GA) that thinks Nade would beat DLS or full-strength CC?

i think chamimade and MV are 5/6 right now but still a big gap after 4

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

You think Chaminade is 24pts better than STA offensively?  Or was the STA/SJB game not an indication for other games?  

My guess is that the flow for the SJB/STA game won't be typical. I think the SJB defense will be good, but you'll probably see some of the better CA teams putting up more points than STA just due to the flow of the game (more possessions, etc.).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

My guess is that the flow for the SJB/STA game won't be typical. I think the SJB defense will be good, but you'll probably see some of the better CA teams putting up more points than STA just due to the flow of the game (more possessions, etc.).

Agreed.  Both teams were playing somewhat safe as they both had faith in their D.   Especially in those conditions.   It was an old school field position battle type game. 

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

You think Chaminade is 24pts better than STA offensively?  Or was the STA/SJB game not an indication for other games?  

Each game and each matchup is its own.

With SJBs offense actually scoring vs Chaminade, the D will relax some. Vs STA, SJB couldnt score, so the D was constantly playing with pressure on it... with its hair on fire so to speak.

Also yes, I think Chammy is better than STA offensively. Maybe not 24 points worth... 

Maybe more in the lines of 34-13... does that make you feel better.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Each game and each matchup is its own.

With SJBs offense actually scoring vs Chaminade, the D will relax some. Vs STA, SJB couldnt score, so the D was constantly playing with pressure on it... with its hair on fire so to speak.

Also yes, I think Chammy is better than STA offensively. Maybe not 24 points worth... 

Maybe more in the lines of 34-13... does that make you feel better.

Lol.  I felt pretty spiffy before and still do.  Just curious as the 24 pts jumped out at me.  I agree on the take you and dntn3, and 954gator had.