Winners/Losers of the Wknd.

Mjd33

Winners 

Sjb QB DJ Uiagalelei - down 10 in fourth led sjb on 2 td drives to beat sjc on the road 21-17 in comeback victory. Re al might be reduced to WR role going forward .... esp against mater dei. Future bright with this kid in 18 and 19 for Negro. 

Washington DC Catholic League - very stout this year.  McDonough (Not McDonald's to some on here - played dematha close) OLGC (just beat bishop Sullivan) and gonzaga (only loss to good Viera squad) all not pushovers. Dematha  and SJC both tier 1 teams despite not closing the deal against elite teams but league has great depth. 

American Heritage - completely dismantled a talented chaminade madonna team on espn. The best cornerback tandem duo in the country led by Surtain JR. And Tyson Campbell make them a shut down defense. 

Saint Peters prep - said to myself before the seton Hall prep game if they won by 21+ (won by 23) that would solidify them as solid tier 2 team and as of now clear number 1 team in nj. Sjp game slipped away but have the talent to run the table imo. SHP lost to Paramus Catholic in OT and was in tight game with Bosco in 4th Q. 

St. Xavier - rolled to 5-0 with decisive win against Archbishop Moeller. Moeller qb went down but X beat moeller on the road by bigger margin than Trinity* 

Losers 

East Utah - escaped 14-10 against a 1-4 (now 1-5) Harriman team who helix and bingham both took to the woodshed. IMG still looms on schedule..... might want to make a phone call to the bingham miners see if they want to swap games that week. 

Bishop Sullivan - blanked by our lady good counsel. Excellent SOS but not winning at 2-3 now. Colquitt matchup big for both teams this week. 

Don Bosco Prep - getting redundant but ironmen have issues. Depaul looked way more athletic and bosco offense looks like it's in slow motion w/ simple handoffs. Sadly, The at one time most respected national program in the maxpreps  era is a shell of its former self. 

SJC - always a bridesmaid never a bride. Scary how they Could easily be undefeated with that absurd schedule. Let two games slip away .... 

Bradenton FL weather - img ever play a game w/o a weather delay?

I'm sure I forgot a team or 2 in both so feel free to comment..... 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

St. Xavier - rolled to 5-0 with decisive win against Archbishop Moeller. Moeller qb went down but X beat moeller on the road by bigger margin than Trinity

Trinity would've rolled Moeller also if that star QB went down with an injury in their game. Trinity/St X would be a great game.

(FIFY by taking the asterisk away from Trinity) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Winners 

Sjb QB DJ Uiagalelei - down 10 in fourth led sjb on 2 td drives to beat sjc on the road 21-17 in comeback victory. Re al might be reduced to WR role going forward .... esp against mater dei. Future bright with this kid in 18 and 19 for Negro. 

Washington DC Catholic League - very stout this year.  McDonough (Not McDonald's to some on here - played dematha close) OLGC (just beat bishop Sullivan) and gonzaga (only loss to good Viera squad) all not pushovers. Dematha  and SJC both tier 1 teams despite not closing the deal against elite teams but league has great depth. 

American Heritage - completely dismantled a talented chaminade madonna team on espn. The best cornerback tandem duo in the country led by Surtain JR. And Tyson Campbell make them a shut down defense. 

Saint Peters prep - said to myself before the seton Hall prep game if they won by 21+ (won by 23) that would solidify them as solid tier 2 team and as of now clear number 1 team in nj. Sjp game slipped away but have the talent to run the table imo. SHP lost to Paramus Catholic in OT and was in tight game with Bosco in 4th Q. 

St. Xavier - rolled to 5-0 with decisive win against Archbishop Moeller. Moeller qb went down but X beat moeller on the road by bigger margin than Trinity* 

Losers 

East Utah - escaped 14-10 against a 1-4 (now 1-5) Harriman team who helix and bingham both took to the woodshed. IMG still looms on schedule..... might want to make a phone call to the bingham miners see if they want to swap games that week. 

Bishop Sullivan - blanked by our lady good counsel. Excellent SOS but not winning at 2-3 now. Colquitt matchup big for both teams this week. 

Don Bosco Prep - getting redundant but ironmen have issues. Depaul looked way more athletic and bosco offense looks like it's in slow motion w/ simple handoffs. Sadly, The at one time most respected national program in the maxpreps  era is a shell of its former self. 

SJC - always a bridesmaid never a bride. Scary how they Could easily be undefeated with that absurd schedule. Let two games slip away .... 

Bradenton FL weather - img ever play a game w/o a weather delay?

I'm sure I forgot a team or 2 in both so feel free to comment..... 

Good takes but Chaminade Madonna didn't seem all that talented 

3 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Trinity would've rolled Moeller also if that star QB went down with an injury in their game. Trinity/St X would be a great game.

(FIFY by taking the asterisk away from Trinity) 

Prob right re moeller and trinity  .... trinity KY doesn't get * ? Trinity tx does ? 

53 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Prob right re moeller and trinity  .... trinity KY doesn't get * ? Trinity tx does ? 

They have both proven to be quality programs on the national landscape. Neither one needs an asterisk (just their state identifiers). The only reason Trinity,KY got the asterisk was because of the 2011 (or was it 2012?) MNC debate with DBP. 

That is the one game in history that I would've liked to have seen. 

25 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

They have both proven to be quality programs on the national landscape. Neither one needs an asterisk (just their state identifiers). The only reason Trinity,KY got the asterisk was because of the 2011 (or was it 2012?) MNC debate with DBP. 

That is the one game in history that I would've liked to have seen. 

I thought trinity* was KY

trinity was Tx 

or might have it reversed. Either way two legit programs meant no disrespect with *

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Bro... Grayson beat ISB... How are they not in the Winner category?

While we got the W I'm not so sure we were winners.  It was painful to be sure.  To bad none of the other teams we contacted wouldn't play us and one Florida team wouldn't do a 2 year contract.  Too many holes in the schedule to fill.  I really doubt we will ever play them again but I'm not the one signing the contracts.  I would hope not but who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

While we got the W I'm not so sure we were winners.  It was painful to be sure.  To bad none of the other teams we contacted wouldn't play us and one Florida team wouldn't do a 2 year contract.  Too many holes in the schedule to fill.  I really doubt we will ever play them again but I'm not the one signing the contracts.  I would hope not but who knows.

Are you aware of any in particular they reached out to? 

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

I'm sure most of you guys felt about the same about it as the Colquitt guys did after we played them then. 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Are you aware of any in particular they reached out to? 

I was told some but to be honest, it was loud and my hearing isn't what it use to be.  I know Deerfield Beach wouldn't do two years but to call any other names wouldn't be right as the accuracy of the statement would be suspect.