What was the biggest come back in your high school's history?

ORabidOne

Gaffney's best was trailing Summerville (with AJ Green) 26-7 at half of the 2005 Big 16 title game.  Ended up winning 33-32 by scoring 2 TDs in the last 4 minutes.  The next year we went 15-0 and beat Byrnes twice.  Next recently was trailing Byrnes 13-0 to start the 4th in the 2012 semis, winning 21-19 by stopping a 2-pointer in the dying seconds.

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Gaffney's best was trailing Summerville (with AJ Green) 26-7 at half of the 2005 Big 16 title game.  Ended up winning 33-32 by scoring 2 TDs in the last 4 minutes.  The next year we went 15-0 and beat Byrnes twice.  Next recently was trailing Byrnes 13-0 to start the 4th in the 2012 semis, winning 21-19 by stopping a 2-pointer in the dying seconds.

CHILD'S play! Try THIS on for size! Colquitt was down 19-10, with two minutes to go! And MADISON COUNTY was on OUR ELEVEN yard line! WE stopped um on fourth and one! ANYWHO, with about one minute, forty five seconds to go, we drove eighty nine yards to score, to pull within 19-17! THEN, with about thirty seconds to go! The Packers onside kicked and recovered at the Madison Co. forty five! They subsequently drove to about the twenty seven, where they kicked a forty five yard FG as time expired, MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1978 Noth Andover MA trailed Ipswich 29-0 at halftime.  Tied game late in 4th quarter 29-29.  Fell behind 35-29 but drove to the 1foot line and with 5 seconds left couldn't get a play off in time.   That caused us to finish third in state division 2 so no chance to go to state title game between top 2 teams, Newburyport and Ipswich, both from our league.  Salt in the wound.

So 6A Colquitt wins a miracle game against 2A Madison by 1 point at home? 

Colquitt then loses a controversial squeaker to undefeated State Champ Grayson by 4 while Madison gets the doors blown off 30-3 vs American Heritage-Delray?

Colquitt finished 3rd in Georgia that year while Madison finished 19th in Florida. 

Man I can guarantee you if you had some 2A team come play our 3rd ranked team at their house it wouldn't be the greatest historical achievement in history 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Colquitt then loses a controversial squeaker to undefeated State Champ Grayson by 4 while Madison gets the doors blown off 30-3 vs American Heritage-Delray?

Colquitt finished 3rd in Georgia that year while Madison finished 19th in Florida. 

Man I can guarantee you if you had some 2A team come play our 3rd ranked team at their house it wouldn't be the greatest historical achievement in history 

Amigo, don't take this the wrong way...BUT....you can't guarantee anything.  But it sure sounds good !!!!!

Rufus>>

There may be some urban legend to this, but the medical personnel there that day swear it is true.  Gaffney was playing a really good Spartanburg team on the road in the 1986 semis.  Trailed 17-0 at half.  At half someone spiked the Gaffney Gatorade with grain.  Gaffney won 27-17.  Presumably sober the next week, Gaffney was crushed by Summerville in the finals.

At Not any of my teams but I heard a killer come back a few years ago. 

Olive branch was playing Pahokee  and Pahokee was whipping ass 47-20  after 3 quarters. 

Pahokee put the back ups in at the start of the fourth,  and Olive branch scored two quick touchdowns. Pahokee then put the starters back in but Olive Branch already had all the momentum. 

They scored two more touchdowns and won 48-47

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I believe that's the game that an unsportsmanlike penalty helped put Colquitt in FG range to win the game.

• Like 1

Unfortunately you can actually see (link below final 6 minutes) the biggest comeback my school was involved in, only we were on the wrong end of this great comeback.  Now dubbed "The Miracle on McNeese Street" (yes, you can google it) Barbe High School in Lake Charles rallied from a 27 point 4th quarter deficit including 3 TD's and 3 onside kicks recovered in the final 2 minutes to defeat my West Monroe Rebels 49-48 in a LA 5A Semi Final Game...  I still have nightmares  :S

Miracle

Barbe made posters...  We made shirts...

miracle.jpg

merrybarbe.jpg

It was the year 2000...We were down 21-0 to DLS after the first quarter...our defense holds them to only 3 points after that...matt leinart leads 3 TD drives down the field...then our D gets a pick and we have the ball on the 15 with less then 2 minutes on the clock...Matt takes us down to the field to set up a game tying chipshot field goal to send it into overtime...

our kicker goes wide right...

😕

9 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Madison County AIN'T your typical small school! TWO DL on that team went on to play for Florida State! Did I mention that that SAME season, we was ROBBED at #3 Grayson? 

By the By, I would imagine that AA Benedictine could hang with most ANYBODY in FLAAAAWDA! 

And have you ever heard of a team getting BETTER as the season went along? Colquitt played Madison Co. in game two, and Grayson in game fourteen!

You FLAAAWDA boys SURE do talk some shit, although we've beaten Booker T once, JAX Trinity once, Lincoln three times, and Miami Central TWICE!