Proud Boys leader joe biggs gets 17 years.

RedZone

20 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

LOL.....Please, no one wishes for confrontation !  But what could 50 wingnuts in the Idaho woods, or a couple dozen Mississippi militia men do in the cypress swamps ?  Really ?  Maybe a deranged colonel at Fort Bragg or Hood could attempt a military coup like that deceased Russian Hired General/cook ?  Lightning and snakes scare me more today then any of the above scenarios or whack-job morons with a gun. Come out of your house, it's relatively safe in much of America.  :) 

This all depends on perspective.  I live close to Canadian border and get a lot of Canadian television.  They have advisory warnings in quite a lot of news segments, relatively speaking, about traveling to the states.  Most of them are due to our mass shootings and some are related to culture wars that are going on in certain states.  Florida topping that list, but other red states are included as well and it's mainly because of the culture wars, transgender stuff and overall stupidity.  I imagine Canada isn't alone.  

We, I think, have become numb to the violence but other countries still find it incredibly senseless.  

How you doing brother?  Hope all is well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

This all depends on perspective.  I live close to Canadian border and get a lot of Canadian television.  They have advisory warnings in quite a lot of news segments, relatively speaking, about traveling to the states.  Most of them are due to our mass shootings and some are related to culture wars that are going on in certain states.  Florida topping that list, but other red states are included as well and it's mainly because of the culture wars, transgender stuff and overall stupidity.  I imagine Canada isn't alone.  

We, I think, have become numb to the violence but other countries still find it incredibly senseless.  

Hanging in there, wish you the best, check massages.

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

How many people have gone to jail because of Trump.  It's really an amazing thing.  Want to avoid jail...never even be introduced to Trump.  Stay as far away as possible.  

All of them put in jail by the testimony of fellow Republicans and co-workers.  🤣🤣🤣

yea BUT....this should help the case some are some states are arguing to keep him off the ballot for supporting an insurrection (14th Amendment).....if these morons have been convicted of being in an insurrection that's the proof needed to prove Trump supported that same insurrection which would disqualify him....😉

Another Trumper bites the dust....I hope the other morons figured out that they've been played by the orange man...I bet this clown's family is "proud" of him!
Associated Press

Proud Boys’ Enrique Tarrio gets record 22 years in prison for Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy

MICHAEL KUNZELMAN, LINDSAY WHITEHURST and ALANNA DURKIN RICHER
Updated Tue, September 5, 2023 at 7:09 PM EDT·5 min read
FILE - Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio speaks at a rally in Delta Park on Sept. 26, 2020, in Portland, Ore. (AP Photo/Allison Dinner, File)
FILE - Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio rallies in Portland, Ore., Aug. 17, 2019. (AP Photo/Noah Berger, File)
1 / 2

Capitol Riot Proud Boys

FILE - Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio speaks at a rally in Delta Park on Sept. 26, 2020, in Portland, Ore. (AP Photo/Allison Dinner, File)
ASSOCIATED PRESS
More

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was sentenced Tuesday to 22 years in prison for orchestrating a failed plot to keep Donald Trump in power after the Republican lost the 2020 election, capping the case with the stiffest punishment that has been handed down yet for the U.S. Capitol attack.

Tarrio, 39, pleaded for leniency before the judge imposed the prison term topping the 18-year sentences given to Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and one-time Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean after juries convicted them of seditious conspiracy and other charges.

Tarrio, who led the neofacist group as it became a force in mainstream Republican circles, lowered his head after the sentence was imposed, then squared his shoulders. He raised his hand and made a “V” gesture with his fingers as he was led out of the courtroom in orange jail garb.

His sentencing comes as the Justice Department prepares to put Trump on trial at the same courthouse in Washington on charges that the then-president illegally schemed to cling to power that he knew had been stripped away by voters.

Rising to speak before the sentence was handed down, Tarrio called Jan. 6 a “national embarrassment,” and apologized to the police officers who defended the Capitol and the lawmakers who fled in fear. His voice cracked as he said he let down his family and vowed that he is done with politics.

“I am not a political zealot. Inflicting harm or changing the results of the election was not my goal,” Tarrio said. “Please show me mercy,” he said, adding, “I ask you that you not take my 40s from me.”

U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly, who was appointed to the bench by Trump, said Tarrio was motivated by "revolutionary zeal" to lead the conspiracy that resulted in “200 men, amped up for battle, encircling the Capitol.” Noting that Tarrio had not previously shown any remorse publicly for his crimes, the judge said a stiff punishment was necessary to deter future political violence.

"It can't happen again. It can’t happen again,” the judge repeated.

Tarrio and three lieutenants were convicted in May of seditious conspiracy and other charges after a months-long trial that served as a vivid reminder of the violent chaos fueled by Trump’s lies around the election and the extent to which his false claims helped inspire right-wing extremists who ultimately stormed the Capitol.

Prosecutors had sought 33 years behind bars for Tarrio, describing him as the ringleader of a plot to use violence to shatter the cornerstone of American democracy and overturn the election victory by Joe Biden, a Democrat, over Trump, the Republican incumbent.

Prosecutor Conor Mulroe told the judge that the Proud Boys came dangerously close to succeeding in their plot — and noted that “it didn’t take rifles or explosives.”

“There was a very real possibility we were going to wake up on Jan. 7 in a full-blown constitutional crisis,” Mulroe said, with “300 million Americans having no idea who the next president would be or how it would be decided.”

Tarrio wasn’t in Washington, D.C, when Proud Boys members joined thousands of Trump supporters, who smashed windows, beat police officers and poured into the House and Senate chambers as lawmakers met to certify Biden’s victory. But prosecutors say the Miami resident organized and led the Proud Boys’ assault from afar, inspiring followers with his charisma and penchant for propaganda.

Tarrio’s lawyers denied the Proud Boys had any plan to attack the Capitol or stop the certification of Biden’s victory. They argued that prosecutors used Tarrio as a scapegoat for Trump, who spoke at the “Stop the Steal” rally near the White House on Jan. 6 and urged his supporters to “fight like hell.”

Tarrio’s younger sister, fiancé and mother tearfully urged the judge to show mercy before the sentence was imposed. Tarrio took off his glasses and wiped his eyes as he listened to his mother speak.

The defense asked for no more than 15 years in prison, arguing that their client should not be punished as harshly as the Oath Keepers’ Rhodes, who was present on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.

Defense attorney Nayib Hassan told reporters after the hearing that they will appeal.

Tarrio’s lawyers described him as a “keyboard ninja,” who was prone to “talk trash,” but had no intentions of overthrowing the government. The Proud Boys’ only plans that day were to protest the election and confront left-wing antifa activists, attorney Sabino Jauregui told the judge.

“My client is no terrorist,” Jauregui said. “My client is a misguided patriot.”

Tarrio had been arrested two days before the Capitol riot on charges that he defaced a Black Lives Matter banner during an earlier rally in the nation’s capital, and he had complied with a judge’s order to leave the city after his arrest.

The judge agreed with prosecutors that the Proud Boys’ crimes could be punished as “terrorism” — increasing the recommended sentence under federal guidelines. But he ultimately sentenced the Proud Boys to shorter prison terms than those sought by prosecutors.

The backbone of the government’s case was hundreds of messages exchanged by Proud Boys in the days leading up to Jan. 6 that prosecutors say showed how the extremists saw themselves as revolutionaries and celebrated the Capitol attack, which sent lawmakers running into hiding.

The judge pointed to Tarrio's messages cheering on the Capitol attack and the Proud Boys' role in it.

“Make no mistake,” Tarrio wrote in one message. “We did this.” In another post as the Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio commanded: “Do what must be done.” In a Proud Boys encrypted group chat later that day someone asked what they should do next. Tarrio responded, “Do it again.”

He is the final Proud Boys leader convicted of seditious conspiracy to receive his punishment. Three fellow Proud Boys found guilty by a Washington jury of the rarely used sedition charge were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 15 to 18 years.

The Justice Department is appealing the 18-year prison sentence of Rhodes, the Oath Keepers founder, who was convicted of seditious conspiracy in a separate case, as well as the sentences of other members of his antigovernment militia group that were lighter than what prosecutors had sought. Prosecutors had requested 25 years in prison for Rhodes.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, World Citizen said:

Florida tops the list for what up there? 

Funny how you guys cheerlead this miscarriage of justice because you disagree with the defendants. The judge admitted the sentence was handed down as a deterrent. Not based on the crime itself. 

I believe all of these people should be held accountable no questions asked. But for their sentences to be double, triple and quadruple the normal time is an injustice. 

When this is the other way around, please keep the same energy 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Funny how you guys cheerlead this miscarriage of justice because you disagree with the defendants. The judge admitted the sentence was handed down as a deterrent. Not based on the crime itself. 

I believe all of these people should be held accountable no questions asked. But for their sentences to be double, triple and quadruple the normal time is an injustice. 

IMG_7079.gif.747ce4229348437f709a7a244503eff6.gif

On 9/3/2023 at 3:21 PM, DBP66 said:

May be an image of 4 people and text that says '17 Years In Prison! 10 Years in Prison! 15 Years in Prison!'

On 9/4/2023 at 1:30 PM, World Citizen said:

How many people have gone to jail because of Trump.  It's really an amazing thing.  Want to avoid jail...never even be introduced to Trump.  Stay as far away as possible.  

All of them put in jail by the testimony of fellow Republicans and co-workers.  🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It's amazing any real American can't see the harm they inflicted on our nation....a bunch of red neck thugs destroying property (our property) and threatening to kill our elected officials and you think we need to have "sympathy" for these traitors??...WTF....and you call yourself an American??....you're a "fake" American...like Trump..😪

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Florida tops the list for what up there? 

It should be...it's loaded with dumb red necks....I know someone from N.Y. who drove down there for vacation recently and they went to a beach only to have a few red-necks yell and them and tell them "we don't need any New Yorkers around here, go home"....the state that denies black history...😪

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

once again here's what you clowns are trying to do....you're comparing a summer of social protest due to people being murdered by police....a just cause....and your boys???...were trying to take the country over with violence....not even close....nice try again...🙄

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

It should be...it's loaded with dumb red necks....I know someone from N.Y. who drove down there for vacation recently and they went to a beach only to have a few red-necks yell and them and tell them "we don't need any New Yorkers around here, go home"....the state that denies black history...😪

I think the people who believe what they see on TV are fucking brain dead for believing the lies they are told. But then I thought this is actually good news because if they honestly believe all this stuff, maybe it will keep them away. 

The last thing I would want is scumbag pieces of shit like you and WorldCriminal down here making life miserable for the locals. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

once again here's what you clowns are trying to do....you're comparing a summer of social protest due to people being murdered by police....a just cause....and your boys???...were trying to take the country over with violence....not even close....nice try again...🙄

Not my boys. They should all be in jail if they committed a crime. Said that since day 1. But I believe they should be sentenced based on their own individual crime or crimes and that only. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think the people who believe what they see on TV are fucking brain dead for believing the lies they are told. But then I thought this is actually good news because if they honestly believe all this stuff, maybe it will keep them away. 

The last thing I would want is scumbag pieces of shit like you and WorldCriminal down here making life miserable for the locals. 

so people who believe what they see with their own eyes are "brain dead"??...LOL....and the ones who believe they were Patriots doing the right thing that day are the "smart ones"?!?....😪

28 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

so people who believe what they see with their own eyes are "brain dead"??...LOL....😪

That might just depend

on how you see/look at things...

Some clowns are blinded

when it comes to personal partisan pigeonholes...

😉

56 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

once again here's what you clown me is trying to do....you're comparing I'm calling a summer of social protest due to people being murdered by police....a just cause....🙄

quick question...

how come ya ain't

postin bout dat...

ya partisan hack LOL

🤡

PS: Ya might want to check on yer little antifa buddy WC... as by "today's standards" you don't even have to be there....

you know, conspiracy of thought/opinion/political affiliation... being what it is.
🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I feel a lot better knowing some of these Nazis are locked up. 

There may be hope for this country!

We just have to deal with the other maga scum.

.... donald has fucked this country like no man has ever done in the history of this country. Of course I said it was going to happen three years ago.