NFL Today - no Phyllis George but we may have some Jimmy the Greeks :)

golfaddict1

Kinda feel bad for Zach Wilson.

Mac Jones is trash though. He almost had more touchdown passes to Cowboy players then Prescott did. Didn't look like he even gave a damn when Belichick benched him.

I'm really liking C.J. Stroud. Lets just hope he doesn't suddenly refuse to play for the team anymore in a few years and stays away from massage parlors.

@DevilDog  @Horsefly

One of my favorite follows online. 

https://x.com/kevg163/status/1708566005826338850?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Pat Summerall’s voice for sure with the game info.  I can tell AC/DC songs in one beat or two from flick of the switch and back… and I can name announcers by voice just as quickly.  Birth defect. :)  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Damn.  Grim week for Boston sports (in many ways).  2nd best NE tight end - and ain’t no insult.  In ‘76 playoffs against the Raiders, NE was driving to put the Raiders away.  Phil Villipiano held both of Francis’ arms on a 3rd down pass - no call.  Raiders got the ball and drove to win with seconds left.  Aided by some more awful calls.  Raiders win the SB.  25 years later the tuck rule call evened the scales.

20 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Damn.  Grim week for Boston sports (in many ways).  2nd best NE tight end - and ain’t no insult.  In ‘76 playoffs against the Raiders, NE was driving to put the Raiders away.  Phil Villipiano held both of Francis’ arms on a 3rd down pass - no call.  Raiders got the ball and drove to win with seconds left.  Aided by some more awful calls.  Raiders win the SB.  25 years later the tuck rule call evened the scales.

Was that the game that Russ got his nose broken by Atkinson?  I may add it was a blatant Raiders style act. 

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Was that the game that Russ got his nose broken by Atkinson?  I may add it was a blatant Raiders style act. 

May have been.  Of course it was soon thereafter Tatum paralyzed Stingley.  For some reason, the NFL seemed to want the Raiders to win that year.  Ben Drieth should rot in hell for that 4th quarter.

38 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Tuck rule yea.  To be a Raiders fan, 😓 😡.   Brady sang the Beatles tune With a Little Help from my Friends a lot and often.  
From Adam V’s kicks, to their swarming d.  
But what Brady did with his receivers thru the years and clutch play was a sight to see. 

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

May have been.  Of course it was soon thereafter Tatum paralyzed Stingley.  For some reason, the NFL seemed to want the Raiders to win that year.  Ben Drieth should rot in hell for that 4th quarter.

:(  I may be mistaken, but I think that was a MNF game.  I hate thinking about it.  Not gunna check.  Pretty sure I saw that one live on TV with my Dad and brother.

I definitely saw LT’s hit and Joe T’s, leg buckle and twist.  Forgot what day that was, if national or not.  I think it was. 

16 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

:(  I may be mistaken, but I think that was a MNF game.  I hate thinking about it.  Not gunna check.  Pretty sure I saw that one live on TV with my Dad and brother.

I definitely saw LT’s hit and Joe T’s, leg buckle and twist.  Forgot what day that was, if national or not.  I think it was. 

Stingley was effing preseason!

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Tatums hit on Stingley was a pre season game. Theisman leg snap was a MNF game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

By any chance was that preseason game televised nationally?   Otherwise, I couldn’t have seen it live.  Joe T, 💯 I saw live on TV. 

You know I’m not sure I remember watching it, but living in the Bay area every Raider and Niner game was always aired, pre season and regular season.

IMy neighbor across the street was from Boston and he thought it was a cheap hit. My brother and his son were both Raider fans. They said it was good clean football.

On 10/1/2023 at 10:23 PM, DevilDog said:

@golfaddict1  I am just the Opposite though it's cool to brag that the NFC bEast won 4 straight SBs 90 - 94.  I would never ever root for the shEagles or Whatever the name of the Washington team is.  I have hated those rascals from Billy Kilmer, Theismann and anyone else that QB that Team. I despise Washington and the giAnts.  🤘

DD, had to share this.  😂 

👍🏻 ok I’ll root for that Eagles fan group parody 😊 not the team.  

Reminds me of a joke I heard recently… when Taylor splits up with Travis, she’s gunna lose two TE’s.  😂 

IMG_6291.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@maxchoboian memory for you and he was a helluva LB as you already know.  😊

Harry Kalas voice and 57 has to be Tom Jackson (ESPN).  

https://x.com/kevg163/status/1709925232105095489?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Gradishar getting into the HOF is a long time coming. He is the best MLB I ever saw. His career was at the same time as Jack Lambert's with Pittsburgh, and was overshadowed by the dominance of Lambert and the Steel Curtain, but Gradishar was the unquestioned leader of Denver's Orange Crush. He wasn't the meanest or the biggest or the fastest of MLB's, but he was unbelievable year after year. Kind of like Greg Maddux as a pitcher -- not overpowering, but constatntly hitting the right spots.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Gradishar getting into the HOF is a long time coming. He is the best MLB I ever saw. His career was at the same time as Jack Lambert's with Pittsburgh, and was overshadowed by the dominance of Lambert and the Steel Curtain, but Gradishar was the unquestioned leader of Denver's Orange Crush. He wasn't the meanest or the biggest or the fastest of MLB's, but he was unbelievable year after year. Kind of like Greg Maddux as a pitcher -- not overpowering, but constatntly hitting the right spots.

Solid summary.

Harry Carson was my fav Giant and I don’t see that changing.   Like Gradishar, Carson was the heart and soul of their crappy teams and good teams.  

Prior to about 1982-84, being at a Giants game meant boos for the offense coming on the field and cheers for the D.  :) 

After my little 😴, woke up to flipping on Prime channel and hearing about Dick Butkus passing away.  😔 

Dick joined Twitter maybe last year, not sure.  I followed him of course as did many I’m sure.  He had some funny comments.  

Bronko Nagurski and Dick Butkus have to be at the top of NFL’s names for physicality, both Bears.   Ditka similar, also a Bear. 

Halas, Sayers, Butkus and Payton (da Bears).  

36 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://x.com/betmgm/status/1711084526120616116?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Thankfully, Tyreek Hill was blocked ob.   102 yard pick 6

Fins lead 17-10 at the half 

😞

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1711091001639530595?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Crazy…  Giants need an exorcism 

Tua mistake.  3rd def turnover for the Giants.  Red zone.    Fins lead 24-10  3rd.  Now 24-13.