NFL Today - no Phyllis George but we may have some Jimmy the Greeks :)

golfaddict1

Dak ruled in for 2 by nearby zebra, but overruled.  Two close plays and overrules. 

Philly 28-23 6:23  Eagles 25 

3rd and 3.  Low pct corner route Inc.  

Dallas starts at own 26.  4:41
Lamb catch to 48.  Midfield under 4.   3:23 eagles 43.  

3rd and 10.  Nice TE cross reception for the first, followed by DE beating RT bad for a sack.   Eagles 38.  Last play before 2 min warning.  Another sack.  
3rd and 21.  Good chunk on 3rd w reception.  4th and 8.  1:22.  Dak throw high on tight coverage.  Tough catch to make.  

Turnover on downs.  Dallas has all timeouts.  1:17 

Wow.  Fumbleaya!  Swift runs into Brown.  Eagles recover on 3rd.  

Punt formation.   

Dallas starts at own 14.  
46 secs 

PI to midfield.   40 secs

Reception to 40 and roughing the passer.  Dallas should be at the 25. 

Lamb 14 yards and OB.  27 secs.  Eagles 11.   Now Eagles 6.  DL hiccup.  

Dak was setting up a QB draw, but 5 back to 11. 

Swarm sack.   Followed by end zone incomplete into double coverage.   Last play.  
Dallas 5 back.  Eagles 27

Lamb reception to around the 4 yd line!  No lateral help. Ova.   

@DBP66 @I AM IRONMAN cardiac finish.  If only Dak got in on the 2 pointer… so close.   

Both of these teams can rep the NFC in the big dance.  SF and Det off this week.  Solid 4 so far. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dak ruled in for 2 by nearby zebra, but overruled.  Two close plays and overrules. 

Philly 28-23 6:23  Eagles 25 

3rd and 3.  Low pct corner route Inc.  

Dallas starts at own 26.  4:41
Lamb catch to 48.  Midfield under 4.   3:23 eagles 43.  

3rd and 10.  Nice TE cross reception for the first, followed by DE beating RT bad for a sack.   Eagles 38.  Last play before 2 min warning.  Another sack.  
3rd and 21.  Good chunk on 3rd w reception.  4th and 8.  1:22.  Dak throw high on tight coverage.  Tough catch to make.  

Turnover on downs.  Dallas has all timeouts.  1:17 

Wow.  Fumbleaya!  Swift runs into Brown.  Eagles recover on 3rd.  

Punt formation.   

Dallas starts at own 14.  
46 secs 

PI to midfield.   40 secs

Reception to 40 and roughing the passer.  Dallas should be at the 25. 

Lamb 14 yards and OB.  27 secs.  Eagles 11.   Now Eagles 6.  DL hiccup.  

Dak was setting up a QB draw, but 5 back to 11. 

Swarm sack.   Followed by end zone incomplete into double coverage.   Last play.  
Dallas 5 back.  Eagles 27

Lamb reception to around the 4 yd line!  No lateral help. Ova.   

@DBP66 @I AM IRONMAN cardiac finish.  If only Dak got in on the 2 pointer… so close.   

Both of these teams can rep the NFC in the big dance.  SF and Det off this week.  Solid 4 so far. 

would have....could have....should have game....the play that changed the game IMO was the pass interference call against the Cowboys.....there was no interference and the ball wasn't catchable....that was BIG....we'll beat them at home....😉

I mau be going to see my boys play in Buffalo on 12-17....should be a good one!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

would have....could have....should have game....the play that changed the game IMO was the pass interference call against the Cowboys.....there was no interference and the ball wasn't catchable....that was BIG....we'll beat them at home....😉

I also thought Dallas recovered a Pisarcik-Csonka type replay. :) 

Lucky for Philly, an OL was in a perfect spot and his head was turned.  

37 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Saw them at Buffalo late ’90’s …lost 10-7.  WR Kelvin Smith broke his ankle or leg.  Tough game

• Like 1

This thread is spam free for now…

Wanted to elaborate on the 20-3 3rd qtr decision by Oregon St vs Colorado, that @steeler01and I were texting about during the game, with a WTF and FAFO moment. 

I mentioned it to @reggid , replying to his game mention post first half also.  

The chart I shared prior and now is ideal for differentials + - and what to do post TD.  

As an analytical fan, I dug deeper and wanted to share.  
You’ll notice in the 3rd quarter (bottom right) a spec of orange barely and the TD was just under 4 min… not a spec of go for two in this situation.  

Can always use for reference of game decisions that leave you with a WTF moment… either during or after a game, hearing about it. 

IMG_7226.jpeg

IMG_7227.jpeg

I have 2 reasons to watch Prime…

To watch Bryce Young 

Friend needs 4 individual player TD’s for nice bank 

Young converted two 3rd downs with his legs.   Just overthrew an open man.  Another 3rd down, Bryce throws ball away.  Nobody open.  
Bears unis are painful with the Halloween look.  

Car takes a punt return to the house.   Non offensive TD 7-0 car.  

Nice drive for Bryce.  Good ball to get into FG range.  Drive stalls.  Chip shot good.  10-3 Car

This game is as brutal as anticipated based on records.   Good watch for paying bills.   3rd qtr, zero offensive TD’s still.  10:27

Bryce’s best drive may be the last one for Car.  Dropped ball withstanding, he’s made some nice throws.  
4th and about 2 near midfield.  2 min warning.  
In his defense,  Car OL was manhandled tonight and there are limited playmakers on O.  

Nice conversion.   Bears 41. Underthrows open receiver as he gets hit on release.   3rd and 10.  Need yards for a FG to try and tie.  1:44  down 3  16-13.   3rd and 10 should have been picked.   Wow 59 yard FG attempt.  No good and short.  Thats a very low pct play.   I’d rather do 4th and 10 with Bryce.   

Car will be pinned deep and less than a min with zero timeouts.  They’re F’d.  
Bears opt to pass on 3rd and 7 and convert.  Victory formation. 

Stats show prior to final drive and final stats.  Bryce had a nice gainer in 1st qtr of 45 yards.  Prior to final drive other 14 completions totaled only 88 yards.   Bryce had 52 yards passing on final drive.  

Need to see Bryce with a better OL and the O has zero separation on receptions, evidenced by how low the avg is per catch.  There was zero yac for Carolina.  

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7272.jpeg

On 11/9/2023 at 8:29 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I have 2 reasons to watch Prime…

To watch Bryce Young 

Friend needs 4 individual player TD’s for nice bank 

Young converted two 3rd downs with his legs.   Just overthrew an open man.  Another 3rd down, Bryce throws ball away.  Nobody open.  
Bears unis are painful with the Halloween look.  

Car takes a punt return to the house.   Non offensive TD 7-0 car.  

Nice drive for Bryce.  Good ball to get into FG range.  Drive stalls.  Chip shot good.  10-3 Car

This game is as brutal as anticipated based on records.   Good watch for paying bills.   3rd qtr, zero offensive TD’s still.  10:27

Bryce’s best drive may be the last one for Car.  Dropped ball withstanding, he’s made some nice throws.  
4th and about 2 near midfield.  2 min warning.  
In his defense,  Car OL was manhandled tonight and there are limited playmakers on O.  

Nice conversion.   Bears 41. Underthrows open receiver as he gets hit on release.   3rd and 10.  Need yards for a FG to try and tie.  1:44  down 3  16-13.   3rd and 10 should have been picked.   Wow 59 yard FG attempt.  No good and short.  Thats a very low pct play.   I’d rather do 4th and 10 with Bryce.   

Car will be pinned deep and less than a min with zero timeouts.  They’re F’d.  
Bears opt to pass on 3rd and 7 and convert.  Victory formation. 

Stats show prior to final drive and final stats.  Bryce had a nice gainer in 1st qtr of 45 yards.  Prior to final drive other 14 completions totaled only 88 yards.   Bryce had 52 yards passing on final drive.  

Need to see Bryce with a better OL and the O has zero separation on receptions, evidenced by how low the avg is per catch.  There was zero yac for Carolina.  

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7272.jpeg

Carolina needs to do the same thing and give Bryce some playmakers.  

IMG_7296.jpeg

Holder for Denver just pulled a Romo.  Perfect LS spin and accuracy.  He muffed it.  Bills can take lead with a TD and PAT.  James Cook just had a long gainer.   Weird game, but interesting finish.  

@Wooderson my condolences.   I’ll let your wit take over.   Even for me, I am at a loss for words with that display and esp the finish. 

15 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@Wooderson my condolences.   I’ll let your wit take over.   Even for me, I am at a loss for words with that display and esp the finish. 

@Wooderson Stephen A with the big “understanding”  😮 
I’m not a Stephen A fan.  

Hope they get to work.  Still time to turn the season around. 

IMG_7372.jpeg

16 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Holder for Denver just pulled a Romo.  Perfect LS spin and accuracy.  He muffed it.  Bills can take lead with a TD and PAT.  James Cook just had a long gainer.   Weird game, but interesting finish.  

The good news is I've started observing my annual "I ain't watching this shit" holiday and as such only know of the outcome and didn't have to bare witness to it.

Canning Dorsey addresses the offense (albeit in a less meaningful way than acquiring a reliable #2 receiver during the offseason would have) but doesn't address injuries on the defensive side of the ball. I was far more concerned with Allen's continuing turnover issues than I was playcalling.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The good news is I've started observing my annual "I ain't watching this shit" holiday and as such only know of the outcome and didn't have to bare witness to it.

Smart move.  I wasn’t viewing Giants vs Dallas. 

Canning Dorsey addresses the offense (albeit in a less meaningful way than acquiring a reliable #2 receiver during the offseason would have) but doesn't address injuries on the defensive side of the ball. I was far more concerned with Allen's continuing turnover issues than I was playcalling.

Multiple huh, that explains it more as I was only aware of one key injury.   That hurts as does Allen’s to’s true.  

It was interesting listening to the Manning bros discuss the finish and time clock mgt.  I sided with Eli’s pov vs Peyton’s.  Still out of FG range, Peyton wants Buff to call a TO.  Eli says let it run, they aren’t in FG range yet.  

One of my try not to do’s is magnify one play vs an entire game… and besides the needed 1st TO, forced to Buff due to an injury out of their control… which nullified their chance to get the ball back with any reasonable time left for FG range…

…you just CAN’T be caught w 12!   The reaction of the bros and a guest I didn’t know, was surreal. 

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Remember that game very distinctly. Niners crushed the Vikings the day before and all 49er fans were anticipating another Niners vs. Giants NFC Championship matchup at Candlestick the following week.

I went to the NFC championship game at the Stick and talk about a confident crowd and team. It was no contest. Rams kicked a field goal went up 3-0 and thar was the extent of their offense.

Niners defense shut down Henry Ellard in Flipper Anderson that game and absolutely destroyed Jim “Chris” Everett who had the phantom fall down sack. 😂 30-3 final felt like 100-3.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Remember that game very distinctly. Niners crushed the Vikings the day before and all 49er fans were anticipating another Niners vs. Giants NFC Championship matchup at Candlestick the following week.

I went to the NFC championship game at the Stick and talk about a confident crowd and team. It was no contest. Rams kicked a field goal went up 3-0 and thar was the extent of their offense.

Niners defense shut down Henry Ellard in Flipper Anderson that game and absolutely destroyed Jim “Chris” Everett who had the phantom fall down sack. 😂 30-3 final felt like 100-3.

Good summary.   
I 😂 at Chris.  
Rome is still doing a show.  

Chrissie attended STA before turning pro fyi.  

IMG_8046.jpeg

• Like 1

2 for Miami.  :)  

Miami @ KC is on Peacock channel.  I just signed up recently to watch ski jumping.   

https://x.com/nfl_memes/status/1744213126663606299?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

https://x.com/nfl_memes/status/1744229235345203247?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

@Wooderson your Bills amazingly nab the 2 seed!  Weren’t they 6-6?!  💪