NFL Today - no Phyllis George but we may have some Jimmy the Greeks :)

golfaddict1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Restless, nah.  Have seen 6 Lombardis lifted in 22 years.  4 WS titles.  Seen Gaffney win 8 state titles since I came here in ‘87.  A few dry years won’t gut me.  Just got back from Ireland.  Need to catch the Irish rugby team.  Now that is one helluva team.  Play New Zealand next Saturday in the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup.  Great sport.  Everyone sings the anthem, no one bitches about their contract and the stadium singing is first-rate.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

Restless, nah.  Have seen 6 Lombardis lifted in 22 years.  4 WS titles.  Seen Gaffney win 8 state titles since I came here in ‘87.  A few dry years won’t gut me.  Just got back from Ireland.  Need to catch the Irish rugby team.  Now that is one helluva team.  Play New Zealand next Saturday in the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup.  Great sport.  Everyone sings the anthem, no one bitches about their contract and the stadium singing is first-rate.

Beautiful country.  My wife and kids visited a handful of years back.   

BB is getting a bad wrap.  
The without Brady comments fail to recognize the defenses he had also.  He was always a def minded coach.  
They had a great system on O.  It’s still fresh in my mind, but once BB leaves NE, I’ll be shopping for a new AFC team.  

The Dolphins 4x100 squad is tempting. They spanked the Giants yesterday.  

Jones is probably out and if I were him, I’d injure myself more to be sure of it.  The way the OL has played in recent weeks (even w injuries), they should be arrested for fraud, impersonating a NFL player.  

Also, as we age we aren’t as fanatical.  The Giants being down does get tiresome, but yea gotta be happy with the good years.  Some teams fans haven’t won a Super Bowl yet. 

@Horsefly @DevilDog @SeaShells21 should have a running thread just on the Cowboys.  😂 

These 3 announcers were awesome and their best work was when games were blowouts late in games.  

Howard 
on the scotch and cigars, Don also sipping the refreshments and the banter between them was legendary.   Don, you Cowboys fans already know well.  Gifford was a star rb for the Giants, for those who only know his name because of Kathy Lee :).

Cotton Bowl MNF 1971 

https://x.com/kevg163/status/1712283247910989981?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Commercials too.  Before my time of Memorex, also cool to see.  

https://x.com/kevg163/status/1717164961774830018?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Jim Marshall… 6 min of 🙌🏼

Didn’t realize he stripped the QB, which setup the winning TD drive in the infamous wrong way run safety game.  

Great player, team captain and what an interesting watch of off the field endeavors!  
What a contrast between his games played in a row streak.  

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@ChimpGripyou’ll appreciate this post the most.   
Tyson Bagent (Bears QB and played D2) is the son of Travis Bagent (The Beast), a heavyweight champion arm wrestler.  I watched a clip on Tyson.  Solid mechanics.   His drop backs and release are fast.  

Very familiar with Travis! One of the best left-handed pullers ever. He’s been commentating on the pro events in Turkey.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Was that the game that Russ got his nose broken by Atkinson?  I may add it was a blatant Raiders style act. 

I saw that game.  That nose thing was a mugging.  The play was over and Francis was heading back to the LOS when Atkinson just walked up to him and clocked him right in the beak.

I don’t remember if there was even a penalty called.

And as you say, typical Raiders class act.

• Like 1