LOSer

181pl

Just catching up to this thread.  While I agree with many comments above, I'm sorry to hear this.  Underneath it all, Los is whip smart, often wicked funny, and in possession of a strong moral compass.  Sometimes he distilled an argument into a brilliant sentence or two and it instantly clarified my own thinking.  Often I laughed at some of his classic lines.  Overall, I think this will be a lesser place without him.

As for the personal insults, I'm not a fan of anybody resorting to them.  We all  need to do better.  I do laugh at the hypocrisy of some of those complaining the loudest -- Something something about eyeballs, motes, and planks....Don't like personal insults?...Be the change you seek.

Someone else said it first, but  I also eventually came to see getting into it with Los as a right of passage on the national boards.  Got something to say, be prepared to back it up.   While sometimes I thought others "won" the argument, far more often I thought the self declarations of victory in debates with Canes were laughably premature.  

• Like 7

17 hours ago, American Male said:

Really...If LOSer thinks Trinity is a FRAUD, then Trinity's NOT contending for a NT...THUS, why is he so OBSESSED with Trinity!?!?!?

STA can travel where they want...However...I didn't see STA try to set up a game with Trinity in 2011!!!

Cincinnati Colerain (Only OOS Loss for Colerain is Trinity), Elder, Hamilton Garfield, Moeller, St. X, Steubenville Ohio...Brentwood Academy, Ensworth and Montgomery Bell Academy Tennessee...Ben Davis, Carmel, Cathedral, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North and Warren Central Indiana.

Trinity played Pensacola in 1960, and Champagnat in 2017...How's Trinity suppose to know if BTW is up or down from year to year!?!?!?

Calling out a team as a FRAUD because they didn't play you when you thought they should play you is BS also!!!

If Trinity is...As LOSer says..."A FRAUD"...Then Trinity is NOT One Of The Best...So why is STA trying to schedule them then!?!?!?

You can't have it both ways...So which is it!?!?!?

B|

Well I'm not Los.  I personally don't think Trinity is a fraud.  I think it will be impossible to tell if they are a legit top 10-20 team if they don't go out and try and go after teams they might not be favored against...say a Grayson, SJB, Gorman,  Etc.   If STA tried to play Trinity it probably means they thought they'd be a worthy opponent.

I think the fact that BTW didn't win state for the first time in a bit is evidence that they aren't on the rise. (They could still win state this year who knows).   My point was not to criticize Trinity, I only used them as a comparison since they're up your alley.   STA lost, and looked like chit doing so, but they aren't a fraud as a program.   Now if you mean they were ranked way to high, that's a different thing entirely and I'd agree.  No place in the top 20 with an O like that!

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Just catching up to this thread.  While I agree with many comments above, I'm sorry to hear this.  Underneath it all, Los is whip smart, often wicked funny, and in possession of a strong moral compass.  Sometimes he distilled an argument into a brilliant sentence or two and it instantly clarified my own thinking.  Often I laughed at some of his classic lines.  Overall, I think this will be a lesser place without him.

As for the personal insults, I'm not a fan of anybody resorting to them.  We all  need to do better.  I do laugh at the hypocrisy of some of those complaining the loudest -- Something something about eyeballs, motes, and planks....Don't like personal insults?...Be the change you seek.

Someone else said it first, but  I also eventually came to see getting into it with Los as a right of passage on the national boards.  Got something to say, be prepared to back it up.   While sometimes I thought others "won" the argument, far more often I thought the self declarations of victory in debates with Canes were laughably premature.  

Well put as always.   Los was the anti-homer and folks don't dig that confrontation.   He came back calmer, but that fizzled quickly.   

Honestly what could be worse punishment than not scoring a regulation TD in STA's 2 OOS games?   Instead of writing him off, you should be welcoming his return.  But here's the thing, unless questioned or brought up he never boasted about STA.  He never boasted about any school lol. He was the anti-homer prescription remedy that is needed.   Steeler does it also but much nicer and much less often.   

Los kryptonite was not being here to make friends.  He just went for the jugular at all times and unfortunately he beat a dead horse too much and eventually the language got to him in the end as it always has.

If can he just tone down the bad words and insults... but then that wouldn't be Los. 

I'm in the minority also it seems.  I enjoyed reading his stuff.   

• Like 4

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not that there is a lot of rereading threads, but occasionally a thread could be bumped that had a lot of LOS posts in it and if they were gone the thread wouldn't make sense.

That implies they made sense with his posts in them.  :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

He is an angry guy, who enjoyed belittling people. Too often he went to childish, personal insults. He never liked being 'disciplined' for his behavior, and prided himself on challenging anyone who had any authority in those situations. I'm guessing in this latest instance it was determined to not be important enough to keep him around. He made his own bed.

He also was pretty damn good at using what people wrote against them, and twisted people's minds into pretzels before an exchange was completed. Quite a few in this thread talk about having tossed him around when they sparred, but I think in most cases that would be biased score-keeping.

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

55 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Well put as always.   Los was the anti-homer and folks don't dig that confrontation.   He came back calmer, but that fizzled quickly.   

Honestly what could be worse punishment than not scoring a regulation TD in STA's 2 OOS games?   Instead of writing him off, you should be welcoming his return.  But here's the thing, unless questioned or brought up he never boasted about STA.  He never boasted about any school lol. He was the anti-homer prescription remedy that is needed.   Steeler does it also but much nicer and much less often.   

Los kryptonite was not being here to make friends.  He just went for the jugular at all times and unfortunately he beat a dead horse too much and eventually the language got to him in the end as it always has.

If can he just tone down the bad words and insults... but then that wouldn't be Los. 

I have never been in favor of banning Los on the dozens of threads that have come up on the subject over the years.  Despite his animus, he has definitely been additive to my experience on message boards.

that said, I have zero issue with Prep's decision -- it's his website and his call on how strict or not he wants to moderate the forum

this reminds me of a time when Los stalked me to the spartanhood board -- he basically came in with guns blazing and curses flying -- the moderator said "you're very welcome here, but chill out on the profanity" at which point Canes started cursing the moderator and got tossed (I think intentionally)

he knows his shit better than most but is his own worst enemy and I agree with Max's point above that he made his own bed

• Like 1

15 hours ago, American Male said:

When Trinity can leave the surrounding states that borders Kentucky as per KHSAA RULES...You do UNDERSTAND what RULES mean...Right!?!?!?...Then they'll play those other teams...Unless they want to come to Kentucky to play!!!

Trinity and BG were in talks several years ago to play...BG couldn't make the trip East to play the game!!!

Texas teams WONT travel to play OOS, and Trinity CAN'T travel outside the borders of surrounding states per KHSAA RULES!!!

Arizona has several good schools that I'd like to see Trinity play...But again...Trinity is BOUND by KHSAA RULES!!!

They've played Several Ohio and Florida Teams...Maybe you should do a wee bit of research before posting about what you DON'T know!!!

In 2011 Byrnes could have played Trinity in a game in Louisville, yet they played a Cream Puff (Ballard), while Trinity was playing State Powers from Indiana, Ohio and Tennessee...That was the Split NC Year for Trinity and DBP!!!

Trinity and DBP were trying to play a defacto NCG in 2011, but neither state governing body would allow it!!!

Trinity and John Curtis were working on a game several years ago that never materialized!!!

Utah...Give me a FRIGGING Break...Bingham is the only team in Utah that would have a chance...A slight one at that...Against Trinity!!!

NEXT!!!

B|

Perhaps I am misreading the Bylaw but it appears that Bylaw 22 KHSAA *does* allow for out of state play outside of the surrounding states.  There appear to be some additional rules that have to apply but they don't appear to be too onerous.  NHFS rules on sanctioning don't appear to be bad. 

Case BL-22-8- May a KHSAA member school play in a
contest in a sport against an out-of-state school that
is located in the United States, Mexico or Canada?
Yes, with the following restrictions and provisions:
(1) In baseball, basketball, field hockey, football, soccer, softball
or volleyball, the opponent(s) must be a member of that state’s
Association that is the voting member of the NFHS, or on
an approved list of opponents for the members of that state
association indicating compliance with all standard eligibility
rules.
(2) KHSAA member schools are responsible for ensuring that
contests are properly sanctioned whether the game is hosted
in Kentucky or by the out-of-state school;
(3) The KHSAA adheres to the National Federation of State High
School Associations (NFHS) sanctioning policy. NFHS sanction
is required in all sports if KHSAA schools participate in any of
the following types of contests:
a. any interstate event involving two (2) or more schools which
is co-sponsored by or titled in the name of an organization
outside the high school community;
b. nonbordering events if
fi
ve (5) or more states are involved;
c. nonbordering events if more than eight (8) schools are
involved; or
d. any event involving two (2) or more schools that involves
a team from a foreign country (exceptions are Canada and
Mexico which are considered “bordering states”).

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

This post is the truth...I liked Canes... To me he was straight foward about all teams.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

This was the truth man. His anti-homer stuff is what got him hated more than anything else. He definitely opened my eyes to how much of a homer I was being at times, but I think I appreciated that over all. 

I do hope he will return when he's ready. It may be too much to ask to ask him to cool down on the personal attacks type stuff though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I have a hard time buying the first paragraph. I doubt he could win an argument with a kindergartener. From what I saw he was purely a mean troll PoS who didn't know what logic was and didn't have the ability to think critically. He was purely a hammer trying to beat you down with  the same stupidity even after he'd been annihilated.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 954gator said:

Well I'm not Los.  I personally don't think Trinity is a fraud.  I think it will be impossible to tell if they are a legit top 10-20 team if they don't go out and try and go after teams they might not be favored against...say a Grayson, SJB, Gorman,  Etc.   If STA tried to play Trinity it probably means they thought they'd be a worthy opponent.

I think the fact that BTW didn't win state for the first time in a bit is evidence that they aren't on the rise. (They could still win state this year who knows).   My point was not to criticize Trinity, I only used them as a comparison since they're up your alley.   STA lost, and looked like chit doing so, but they aren't a fraud as a program.   Now if you mean they were ranked way to high, that's a different thing entirely and I'd agree.  No place in the top 20 with an O like that!

Concerning STA, I decided to be a Jackass back to LOSer...Because that's all he knows how to be...He wants to dish out $#it but he can't take it when someone stands up to him and slings it back at him...The old HS Bully until he gets decked!!!

As a program STA is a damn good program and have earned the status they enjoy...But so has Louisville Trinity...That's why I defend them!!!

B|

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 12:00 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

Good post. A right of passage is a fair metaphor. You hardly ever beat Canes/Los, you survived him. 

I never felt like I beat him in a discussion even when I was right. He was smart, but his weakness was his lack of humility and patience. Once you got your first insult, you knew you had him in the corner, but that only meant he was fixing to gut kick you. If you lasted 3 pages without getting an insult you where in rare air. 

He couldn't stand silly or dumb and often didn't waste time on it. His flame was politics though, and could easily be pushed into instability with the right words.

He will be missed, but not by everyone.