Word on the street...

TheMaximumHornetSting

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Mark Stoops is staying at Kentucky but Ryan Day and TAMU may be reaching a deal

Could end up being one of the worst decisions in college coaching history to leave Ohio st for A&M. Big step down. Day wont leave until he's forced out. Not many jobs better than osu and tamu isn’t one of them. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Depends on how one defines “a better job” 

He has a great thing going at osu. Inherited a monster and is already making $10 million. History over the years tells us it can be tough to win at A&M. Last conference title was in 1998 and last natty was in 1938. I’d bet Day has great booster and administrative support at osu. NIL seems to be fine as they finished with the #4 overall recruiting class. A&M has great facilities and support which makes me wonder why they haven’t had the success they expect. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

He has a great thing going at osu. Inherited a monster and is already making $10 million. History over the years tells us it can be tough to win at A&M. Last conference title was in 1998 and last natty was in 1938. I’d bet Day has great booster and administrative support at osu. NIL seems to be fine as they finished with the #4 overall recruiting class. A&M has great facilities and support which makes me wonder why they haven’t had the success they expect. 

I think A&M has all the amenities, salaries, fan support but I think the boosters might interfere too much 

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think A&M has all the amenities, salaries, fan support but I think the boosters might interfere too much 

Interesting place and I admit 100% to being biased.

I think a lot of it is how the school has changed.  Mandatory corps enrollment and no females until the 60s.  That created their culture.  They relaxed requirements and grew the school through the 80s but able to keep a lot of the legacy culture I think, but kept growing.

About ~5-10 years ago they decided to grow like crazy and are now over 70,000 students.  The rapid growth and change in culture over a relatively short period of time has created a bit of a disconnect with a lot of their bigger donors and alumni in general.  Distinctly different views of what the school should be and I think that's carried over into the poltiics and board and filtered into some of the athletic department decisions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll have to review both.  
Perhaps I jumped the gun.  

Just seen so many NFL type grabs from Jr and his height and speed combo with an NFL DNA foundation is imposing.  

I shall return at some point to answer.  :) 

Haven’t watched Nabers yet on film.   Noticed a mock draft online, with Jr projected at 1 and Nabers also top 10.  

Clearly looks like both (with good combine results, chats and no off the field stuff) are first round locks and possibly both top 7-10 in draft.  

Thats a strong looking top 8 at WR, assuming Jr doesn’t return to OSU.  

IMG_7557.png

It would be hard for anybody to turn down a job offer that is essentially a blank check.

But who the hell would want to coach at the shit show that is TAMU. OSU is easily a top 4 job in the country. I wouldn’t leave that for more money at a dysfunctional place. 
Having said that, Ryan Day is also on the hot seat for losing to Michigan 3 years in a row. This could play a large role is him going to TAMU. But OSU won’t find a better coach than Day.