High School football america top 100

HSFBfan

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Texas is too difficult to rank.  Impossible given they don't want to play (usually) with the rest of the country.  Would love for this to change because Texas plays excellent football and we as fans want to see them venture away from home.  Same goes for other state's top teams.  Money is a valid reason to not travel across country for some but considering how much Texas pays for stadiums, that can't be a issue.  

When they play NOBODY outside of the Lonesome Dove State! How do you KNOW they play EXCELLENT football? USUALLY, the Tejas finals are BLOWOUTS! So THAT tells anyone who has a modicum of neutrality, that the teams who were beaten by the recipient of said blowout, were PITIFUL!

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I don't think anyone doubts that Cardinal Gibbons is a good team............it's just that the top 10 is a very lofty ranking for any team......any sign of weakness vs. a lesser opponent should be assessed appropriately.

Cardinal Gibbons? HELL, I doubt if AHP, Mater Dei, SJB, ANYBODY in Jersey or Ohio, and most in Tejas are that good!

HELL, the WHOLE COUNTRY appears to be down THIS year, if Jawja is considered mediocre! But wait til 2018 boys! Colquitt will have all but six of their top sixty players coming back! And HECK, we MAY even have a QB1 next season, who can manage to show up, more than one quarter a game!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

When they play NOBODY outside of the Lonesome Dove State! How do you KNOW they play EXCELLENT football? USUALLY, the Tejas finals are BLOWOUTS! So THAT tells anyone who has a modicum of neutrality, that the teams who were beaten by the recipient of said blowout, were PITIFUL!

How do I know?  It can be broken down by a meme.  

canttellyoutruth.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

This img team isn't even as good as last year team this one more like 2015 who lost to AHP 

They can be beat only problem is i don't think anyone that can beat them are on their schedule this year 

IMG - Just goes through the motions.  Then they turn it up just enough to win the games

9 hours ago, Texasball said:

High School Football can't be ranked nationally, it is all bogus.

There is tun of teams this year that can all beat each other on any given night and I am not really counting IMG.  

I don't believe any of us have seen the true top end potential of IMG -  They will simply just play good enough to beat who ever challenges them. 

Absolute truth, but a lot of people sure get spun up over the rankings. 

As regards IMG, I would think they should go undefeated every year given what they are.  However, while they are careful to play good teams that will yield a strong strength of schedule, it's not like they play the absolute best available team from each of the toughest football states each year.   That would be a better determination of how good they really are in my opinion.  I'm not sure they could get through MD, Allen, BG, STA unscathed each year.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

Absolute truth, but a lot of people sure get spun up over the rankings. 

As regards IMG, I would think they should go undefeated every year given what they are.  However, while they are careful to play good teams that will yield a strong strength of schedule, it's not like they play the absolute best available team from each of the toughest football states each year.   That would be a better determination of how good they really are in my opinion.  I'm not sure they could get through MD, Allen, BG, STA unscathed each year.    

They wouldn't 

Even if you going through the motions if you play top teams every week sooner or later you will get caught 

16 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Jeff Fisher has figured out Slow Motion St Xavier, OH is #5 in the nation.

Slow Motion St Xavier's claim to fame is beating a Canada (O Canada) team, Hinsdale Central, IL and a 5 loss Indiana team.

How would St Xavier do going to Allen, TX?

I doubt St Xavier would score 10 points on Evangel Christian truthfully. They could barely score 14 on Elder, OH. 9_9

It's all BS.

WOW.... shots at X.   FYI, for the last 10 years or so, StX has constantly been in the Top 5 in SOS period.  Several years 1 or 2.

Yep, this year they did play local Walnut Hills, and a Canadian team (which is quite common in this part of the country because of the close proximity to our northern neighbors).  It has been a long time since someone questioned StX SOS.  Take a look at the Dynasty  Rankings.  I believe you will find StX ahead of Allen ( I have not checked).   Are they the 5th best team in the country...No they are not.  But they certainly belong in the Top 20 or so.

• Like 2

So lets compare my friend...

Using CalPreps (only for stats)

StX  48.6 SOS   Allen 46.6

StX has played 3 team in Top 200,  Allen 1.

StX has played 6 team in Top 500, Allen 4.

"They could barely score 14 on Elder,OH"..  You undoubtedly do not follow GCLS football.    BTW, Elder only scored 6 pts.

I do believe Elder would score more than 6 points against Allen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prepsbill65 said:

"They could barely score 14 on Elder,OH"..  You undoubtedly do not follow GCLS football.    BTW, Elder only scored 6 pts.

any talks of NJ vs OH coming up? Those games are usually very good

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

any talks of NJ vs OH coming up? Those games are usually very good

Yes, they were.  Not sure why more games were not played.  I remember the Don Bosco Prep - StX game from a few years back. 

DBP came and played in  Cincy.  It was their first game of the season, StX's 3rd or 4th game.  StX won but did not prove much since it was DBP first game, and on the road.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

WOW.... shots at X. 

St Xavier from Ohio is just another high school to me. 9_9

They are obviously a little more than that to you. No need to dig up bones.

The point of the exercise remains. St Xavier is NOT beating Allen at Allen, TX.

St Xavier tried an Allen type team last year and got blown up 35-0.

2 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

Yes, they were.  Not sure why more games were not played.  I remember the Don Bosco Prep - StX game from a few years back. 

DBP came and played in  Cincy.  It was their first game of the season, StX's 3rd or 4th game.  StX won but did not prove much since it was DBP first game, and on the road.

Yea I think thats one game everyone would like to see again. St. Ed BC was a good one. I think one of the 2 was a good one. 

24 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

Ohio does very well at calpreps......and at Jeff Fisher's computer? poll

Lets do Allen talent and St Xavier talent.

Has St Xavier faced one single team this year with Allen talent?

Yes or No?

4 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

St Xavier from Ohio is just another high school to me. 9_9

They are obviously a little more than that to you. No need to dig up bones.

The point of the exercise remains. St Xavier is NOT beating Allen at Allen, TX.

St Xavier tried an Allen type team last year and got blown up 35-0.

Nope!  Allen hasn't played a team like St. X ever.  Dutch Fork can go into Allen and put up a crazy amount of points but St. X can't with a defense that makes it hard on folks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Ohio does very well at calpreps......and at Jeff Fisher's computer? poll

Lets do Allen talent and St Xavier talent.

Has St Xavier faced one single team this year with Allen talent?

Yes or No?

What's Allen talent.  Colerain never lacks talent.  Never!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

What's Allen talent.  Colerain never lacks talent.  Never!

Chip has his full-blown 2 1/2 inch chubby going over St. X and Ohio. 

The reason St. X can't hang with Allen is because Allen beat ECA's ass, and no Ohio team is allowed to do better in ChipDumbRacist's tiny little mind. xD  He even thinks that ECA beating East St. Louis by 14-6 is some big feather in their cap.

82606705.gif

• Like 1