Sad news Apollo Creed RIP Carl Weathers

HooverOutlaw

7 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Same here.

He was in a ton of shows and films. The tv show In the heat of the night which was filmed in Covington Georgia, Weathers started in the last 2 seasons. By the way if In the heat night was on and I was at my grandmothers and Alabama was on the other channel playing for the national title the tv was going to be on In heat of the night. We would have leave and go to a bar if there was game on we wanted to watch.

By the way the first season of the dukes of hazzard was filmed in Covington Georgia also. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He was in a ton of shows and films. The tv show In the heat of the night which was filmed in Covington Georgia, Weathers started in the last 2 seasons. By the way if In the heat night was on and I was at my grandmothers and Alabama was on the other channel playing for the national title the tv was going to be on In heat of the night. We would have leave and go to a bar if there was game on we wanted to watch.

By the way the first season of the dukes of hazzard was filmed in Covington Georgia also. 

Yes he had a very long and distinguished career. It’s funny just the other day that FansDuel commercial with him and Gronk was on and I was wondering how old is he now because I was thinking he still looked pretty good. Good obit/bio.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/carl-weathers-dead-apollo-creed-rocky-1235813768/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I pulled for Apollo vs Rocky. Carl Weathers was also in Predator. 

He also played for the Raiders.

He was born in New Orleans. 

When you think about it. Most of the main actors in the Rocky movies have all died.  Mr T , Morris,  Weathers,  Adrian,  Mick , Brother in law . I had thought Tarver had died also,  but I got him mixed up with another boxer from Atlanta. Who's next,  Dolph ?

44 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

When you think about it. Most of the main actors in the Rocky movies have all died.  Mr T , Morris,  Weathers,  Adrian,  Mick , Brother in law . I had thought Tarver had died also,  but I got him mixed up with another boxer from Atlanta. Who's next,  Dolph ?

Mr. T and Talia Shire are still alive.

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Realy . I thought Mr T died a while back, same with Shire . Do I have her confused with actress who played  Lois Lane of superman !

Vernon Forest was the boxer from Atlanta who died. I had gotten him mixed up in my head with Tarver . Mr T had that horrible cancer , which I mistakenly thought killed him . I always like Mr T in real life as a person

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:21 PM, Omaha Vol said:

Apollo Creed was my favorite character, but I also liked Dillon. 

IMG_0122.jpeg

Never heard an interview with him, oddly.  I’ll have to look for a few.  

He had some great acting roles and certainly stayed in phenomenal shape as long as he could.  

Rocky 3 and 4,  I assume he was dieting seriously.  His body fat % must have been quite low as was Sly’s (albeit, with more chemistry aids than Carl needed).  

Still, you don’t look like Sly (even now) without dedication to training and diet.   @HawgGoneIt knows it.  
Drugs are not a magic wand.   

I had a college roommate, who did a Winstrol cycle one semester and worked out lazily, without intensity.  He gained some bulk weight, no cuts.  No diet, no real strength increase.   Waste.  

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Never heard an interview with him, oddly.  I’ll have to look for a few.  

He had some great acting roles and certainly stayed in phenomenal shape as long as he could.  

Rocky 3 and 4,  I assume he was dieting seriously.  His body fat % must have been quite low as was Sly’s (albeit, with more chemistry aids than Carl needed).  

Still, you don’t look like Sly (even now) without dedication to training and diet.   @HawgGoneIt knows it.  
Drugs are not a magic wand.   

I had a college roommate, who did a Winstrol cycle one semester and worked out lazily, without intensity.  He gained some bulk weight, no cuts.  No diet, no real strength increase.   Waste.  

If only I could get motivated to eat good and workout. #lazyass

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 7:52 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

In the heat of the night is one of my all time favorite shows. 

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

In the heat of the night is one of my all time favorite shows. 

Great show. Surprised it was not remade. It would be hard it had the perfect cast. Carroll O Connor was a perfect fit. It would be hard to do now I think because everyone goes so crazy on anything dealing with race issues. That show did not back down.

• Like 1