Dematha (MD) 22 vs. St. John's College (DC) 38 Final

PrepGridiron

Who takes the tilt between WCAC powers?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Dematha or SJC?

• St. John's College
    • Dematha
    • Who cares...neither team could hold Colquitt's jockstrap

Ok, let's get a game discussion going and something different than the Rab rants. Some of you probably saw Dematha against BG earlier in the season. Some of you also probably saw SJC versus DLS or SJR. So, who do we like in this game? Dematha is coming off two straight losses to Gonzaga and OLGC. SJC has two big wins since that tough loss to SJB. Last year SJC lost to Dematha during the regular season and in the championship, do they play with a chip on their shoulder and get the win or is this a trap game for SJC and Dematha pulls the upset. 

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Understood .... but not during the season. That was pre season .... 

Its not like they JUST started looking bad...

They were down 35-16 to BG, lost 35-23. 

They beat Avalon & Franklin... 28-0 and 36-0... neither a big deal at all and neither very good.

They barely beat McDonogh 17-14.

FCA 42-18, but again FCA isnt good.

Lost to Gonzaga 26-20... and lost to a Good Counsel team thats been playing well since week 1.

DeMatha simply isnt as good as theyve been being.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

They beat Avalon & Franklin... 28-0 and 36-0... neither a big deal at all and neither very good.

Lost to Gonzaga 26-20... and lost to a Good Counsel team thats been playing well since week 1.

Understand all this .... is the soph stud rb who got hurt against BG out for the year? 

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Maybe @BigDrop can  swing by and give us the 411. 

I like SJC. I think their offense is very good and their youth on defense should be more seasoned at this time of year. I like SJC in a 31-14 type game.

14 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Is SJC still good,,, i heavnt heard much of them for last 4 weeks

SJC has been playing good as of late and had SJB on the ropes before they gave it away. Where as Dematha has not been playing well. Losing to Good Counsel where SJC blew them out. Look for SJC to win by 2 scores and revenge last year's 2 losses to the Stags. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

What’s up with dematha lately @NicholasMalibu

They are crippled. Over the last two weeks they've been playing their back up QB, two OL's out and are starting a freshman at RB. The offense has been horrible. Their best DL is out and the DB's are giving up horrific plays in crucial time. They lost two rivalry games to GZ and GC. They are still better than both. Don't be surprised if DM beats SJC this Saturday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

That's one way to look at it...

Or DM was beating BG late in Q3. They lost steam late. Not a bad loss at all. 

McD game was when they started to slow down. 

This DM team is still very talented. They just haven't clicked like the last few DM teams. Sometimes teams don't play up to their potential. If it happens, they'll win the WCAC no questions asked. If it doesn't, they'll lose a close game to an inferior opponent in the WCAC playoffs/championship. 

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

SJC has been playing good as of late and had SJB on the ropes before they gave it away. Where as Dematha has not been playing well. Losing to Good Counsel where SJC blew them out. Look for SJC to win by 2 scores and revenge last year's 2 losses to the Stags. 

Revenge for last year's 2 losses? How about DeMatha has beat SJC for 24 seasons straight. DM wins this...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

The RB is set to return any week now...not like they need him or anything cough, cough...

The OL's and DL should return this week. Same with the QB.

I didn’t know they were so under manned last few weeks ... thanks for clarification. 

49 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

ok, raise your hand if you are rushing to change your pick 'em choice after reading the @NicholasMalibu posts

I'll still stick with my pick of SJC. I really think they are a top team but need to make sure they play the full 48 min.

Keep in mind I'm a self proclaimed DeMatha homer. 

I agree that SJC's offense looks very good. Doyle has surprised me. I think he's flourishing. They've got a home run hit at RB. If DM's lines are healthy expect a brawl. Close game either way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Keep in mind I'm a self proclaimed DeMatha homer. 

I agree that SJC's offense looks very good. Doyle has surprised me. I think he's flourishing. They've got a home run hit at RB. If DM's lines are healthy expect a brawl. Close game either way. 

How can we watch this game? Please provide a link to the DeMatha game if you know it. 

3 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Revenge for last year's 2 losses? How about DeMatha has beat SJC for 24 seasons straight. DM wins this...

I think Doyle is the difference maker. That kid can really wing it and he's got the receivers that can make plays. Back in August, I would have said Dematha but right now SJC is looking solid. I bet they have been preparing for this game the last 2 weeks knowing that Bishop McNamara wouldn't pose much of a challenge. 

43 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

I think Doyle is the difference maker. That kid can really wing it and he's got the receivers that can make plays. Back in August, I would have said Dematha but right now SJC is looking solid. I bet they have been preparing for this game the last 2 weeks knowing that Bishop McNamara wouldn't pose much of a challenge. 

I can respect that. Doyle is legit. DM needs to put pressure on him or SJC will win. The young SJC WR's are starting to come into their own and DM's DB's aren't playing well. They've also got a complete bus as the backup running back who is a freshman. He's something like 6'1 250lbs. DM really needs the RB Lloyd back. He's the best RB in the league as a sophomore.

SJC's HC was quoted in the Washington Post as saying he doesn't care about DeMatha and he couldn't name any players on their team last year. Big mistake. The year before there was a very loud, very alcoholic, verbal confrontation in the tailgate area between parents. It sounds strange considering these people spend 20k+ a year in tuition. Needless to say, these teams will be pumped for this one.