Hurricane Nick what is going on with MD?

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Well the football team is definitely not 1% black and 0.7% Pacific Islander more like 75-80% combined 😂

IMG_1322.thumb.jpeg.7243a5810896dbd0852f5ee1d7ec9bba.jpeg

With 2500 students and 2% being African American or islander that would be 50 at the school. I count more than 50 in this photo (a few I couldn’t tell if they were islander or Hispanic so I didn’t count them). These numbers don’t look good for the MD apologist if they are true. MD faithful please provide correction on numbers if false.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

With 2500 students and 2% being African American or islander that would be 50 at the school. I count more than 50 in this photo (a few I couldn’t tell if they were islander or Hispanic so I didn’t count them). These numbers don’t look good for the MD apologist if they are true. MD faithful please provide correction on numbers if false.

I've seen 3.7% African-American...... that would roughly be about 75 African Americans at Mater Haze, give or take 4 or 5.

That's those cats in that football photo and a couple that probably play basketball. 

Student Diversity
  •  
    White
    38.2%
  •  
    Hispanic
    33.2%
  •  
    Asian
    19.4%
  •  
    African American
    3.7%
  •  
    Multiracial
    3.5%
  •  
    Native American
    1.4%
  •  
    Pacific Islander
    0.6%

Just now, RedZone said:

I've seen 3.7% African-American...... That would roughly be about 75 African Americans at Mater Haze, give or take 4 or 5.

That's those cats in that football photo and a couple that probably play basketball. 

Student Diversity
  •  
    White
    38.2%
  •  
    Hispanic
    33.2%
  •  
    Asian
    19.4%
  •  
    African American
    3.7%
  •  
    Multiracial
    3.5%
  •  
    Native American
    1.4%
  •  
    Pacific Islander
    0.6%

From what I see Mater Haze has 2,169 students.

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

The way they did the numbers is certainly odd.  They said 36% is Hispanic and the remaining percentages appear to be of the remaining 64%.

The school isn't 50% white, but 50% of 64% so ~32% white.  Another thing to keep in mind is that they list 18% as two or more races and 21% unknown, so ~12% and ~13% ~ 25% of the student body in those categories which could like many things in a picture.

64% Non HispanicRace: 
9% Asian
0.3% Hispanic
1% Black/African American
0.7% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
18% Two or more Races
50% White
21% Unknown/Other

2 hours ago, pied said:

The way they did the numbers is certainly odd

Who in God’s name thought that breaking it down that way was a good idea? And even more odd, why are ~300 of their students the offspring of extraterrestrial beings… or just completely dumbfounded as to what they are?

27 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Who in God’s name thought that breaking it down that way was a good idea? And even more odd, why are ~300 of their students the offspring of extraterrestrial beings… or just completely dumbfounded as to what they are?

I certainly think it's an odd way to report the numbers, but I think it's important to remember that they are doing so primarily for prospective students/families and not for people looking at the football roster to make a point.  I don't know why the students/families/school reports the "two or more" or "unknown/other" categories.  

There is a lot of information on this "at a glance page".

35 minutes ago, pied said:

I certainly think it's an odd way to report the numbers, but I think it's important to remember that they are doing so primarily for prospective students/families and not for people looking at the football roster to make a point.

Definitely. It’s an odd way to display data, regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

That is just really bizarre. 

No two ways about it.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

😂 at Grown? Men? who hate on a High School because they’re good at something 

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Grown men COUNTING the number of black players on a high school football team because it bothers them so much. Hilarious and sad 😂

How is reporting the facts hating? Some reported 2% African American and islanders as students and an extremely high percentage are athletes. Was it that way when you were a student Nick? Some implied that the national prominence of the football team over the last 10 years was tied to the acceptance of more athletes of color (whether the administration actively made it their mission is up for debate). The numbers seem to back up that assertion. The reason why this happened is pure speculation but the numbers can’t be denied. But I do admit that Redbone did run with it, as troll only could, and I don’t agree with his dumbass take of the situation.

21 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

How is reporting the facts hating? Some reported 2% African American and islanders as students and an extremely high percentage are athletes. Was it that way when you were a student Nick? Some implied that the national prominence of the football team over the last 10 years was tied to the acceptance of more athletes of color (whether the administration actively made it their mission is up for debate). The numbers seem to back up that assertion. The reason why this happened is pure speculation but the numbers can’t be denied. But I do admit that Redbone did run with it, as troll only could, and I don’t agree with his dumbass take of the situation.

Why does anyone care what the ethnicity of some kids playing high school football is.

7 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

It's pretty simple . Great black or Island Pacifiers are often stuck in the public school system which is a travesty today. I think people from those schools are amongst the worst educated populace in the world if you go by math , reading  and writing test scores . MD wants to win at all costs . The blacks etc. benefit greatly by getting the opportunity to go  a better than average  H.S. where they will get tutoring and a lot of help, plus being in the limelight playing on a national program . And MD benefits by winning national and state championships .

33 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

nicky played JV football at Mater Haze for 5 years, he should know.

And, the numbers can't be defended so forget about it. 

Mater Haze is what they are. And guess what, it's not my fault. They will continue to have problems with Management..... If you can call it that. 😄