WELL, WELL, WELL! It's time for Colquitt's AD to assert himself with the GHSA!

ORabidOne

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hell...we beat Archer without our BAND !!!!!!

Nuff said...

Rufus>>

We have beat quite a few teams without our band this year. I don't know why they waste the diesel to bring them at this point, and I can't believe I'm saying that, because I love having the band at games. I think they did play at one point during the game, but Colquitt had the ball while they were doing so. 

They made a lot of noise before the game while they were over near the baseball fields though. xD

Just now, GAFootballGuy said:

Haha.  That is very true. Brookwood had a very young team last year and all those boys were back. Took them a little while to get going and their first two losses came against two pretty good teams.  This is going to be a very good game as is the other semifinal game.  

I'll say this this: if colquitt can't contain Matthew Hill, then it's over for them. If I'm not mistaken, I think he played a huge role in the first game against Colquitt as well. 

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Which doesn’t mean much when you have an out house for a toilet 🚽😂

Fact is Gwinnett facilities are subpar. As are most in North Georgia. Many schools now playing in smaller classes, Warner Robins, LaGrange, Thomasville, Butler-Augusta, Southwest Macon, and at least a  few dozen  others who have 8000-12,000 seat stadiums. On campus, or shared with one school.

http://www.footballfridaynight.com/StadiumState.php?qState=GA#.WhmeHUqnG01

http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america/countries/united_states/georgia.shtml

24 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Fact is Gwinnett facilities are subpar. As are most in North Georgia. Many schools now playing in smaller classes, Warner Robins, LaGrange, Thomasville, Butler-Augusta, Southwest Macon, and at least a  few dozen  others who have 8000-12,000 seat stadiums. On campus, or shared with one school.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america/countries/united_states/georgia.shtml

And most of them don't meet the minimum seating requirements for a semi-final game, yet, the GHSA is of course a do nothing governing body as best as I can tell. 

Can't enforce transfer rules. Seating requirements. Etc.

The do nothing gang. They are like a raquet that offers protection for a price, yet who we need protection from is them. Don't pay they bust up your shop. Just pay and be quiet and all is well. 

What a joke and crock they have become.

At least Brookwood has well lit restroom facilities with running water and flushing toilets. That's a huge plus in my book considering where we were last night. 

I like joking around and picking about other school's facilities and all, but, the bathroom facilities or lack thereof for Archer last night could honestly have been considered a safety hazard. No lighting nearby the portables made it very dark inside the portables. Something seriously needs to be done about that for future reference. 

Using portables is ok I guess, of course I don't have to sit in them like the ladies do. The other stadiums I've been to that used them at least had them in an area where they were decently lit on the inside. We're expecting our ladies to sit in a portable where they can't even see what the seat looks like without a dang flashlight last night. A street light or portable lighting or something over them to provide lighting should be provided. What about a hand wash station as well? 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

At least Brookwood has well lit restroom facilities with running water and flushing toilets. That's a huge plus in my book considering where we were last night. 

I like joking around and picking about other school's facilities and all, but, the bathroom facilities or lack thereof for Archer last night could honestly have been considered a safety hazard. No lighting nearby the portables made it very dark inside the portables. Something seriously needs to be done about that for future reference. 

Using portables is ok I guess, of course I don't have to sit in them like the ladies do. The other stadiums I've been to that used them at least had them in an area where they were decently lit on the inside. We're expecting our ladies to sit in a portable where they can't even see what the seat looks like without a dang flashlight last night. A street light or portable lighting or something over them to provide lighting should be provided. What about a hand wash station as well? 

Have fun sitting on row TEN!

And the Jersey guys are reading your diatribe and thinking! WHAT are indoor facilities?:$

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We have beat quite a few teams without our band this year. I don't know why they waste the diesel to bring them at this point, and I can't believe I'm saying that, because I love having the band at games. I think they did play at one point during the game, but Colquitt had the ball while they were doing so. 

They made a lot of noise before the game while they were over near the baseball fields though. xD

You SHOULD be THANKFUL they don't play! If I were the band director, I would be embarrassed to perform after the opposing band shows them up TIME, and TIME, and TIME again! That chick band director, is STEALING THAT paycheck!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm imagining stands like they had at South Forsyth a few years back in order to try to create enough seating at Brookwood's "state of the art" facilities. 

WELL, it's a TAD  better than Mayberry, but not by MUCH! They SHOULD divide the stadiums in North Georgia, like they do at Adams Stadium! ONE side fits ALL, but it's a LARGE side!

3 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Believe it or not, in Augusta, EVERY school has it's own stadium! And AA Lucy Laney got theirs last! And it's the BEST in the city at 9,000!

There are some REALLY OLD pics in those files!

51 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Why no band?  I thought Colquitt didn’t roll wihout 15 semis, 12 yellow school buses, a huge marching band, the Rabmobile with his jailbait cheerleaders, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I might not have posted the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.....(Smile).

Rufus>>