Congrats to the prepgridiron pick em playoff champion

Ararar

1 hour ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Thanks, dude!

Ok, uh, I'd like to thank the Academy, the whole PrepGridiron family, my agent, THS for tabulating the scores, ECHS for picking the games, my mom, my dad (music starts playing), crap, uh, my beautiful wife Amy. I love you honey, without you none of this would have been possible. Dare to dream!

Adam..Who would you pick in a SJB vs Allen matchup and why?

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Can we see the round-by-round results and the overall win-loss record for the season?

The top 13 as of now with 2 weeks left I think. We won't be able to give an accurate count for every player because several dropped out after their playoff demise.

1 CalPreps 15 176
2 Omaha Vol 14 175
3 Adam Kurjian  15 175
4 echs05 13 174
5 Coletrain06 12 173
6 American Male 11 171
7 CCBlackhatter 9 168
8 954gator 11 165
9 Cat_Scratch 9 164
10 HawgGonelt 12 161
11 THS2011 12 158
12 Ararar   153
13 tommygun58 13 150
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Psssh. Man. Putting me on the spot. I think Allen's more experienced in spots, which would help them in a closer game. I like the Allen OL, too. I think SJB's overall team speed is better, which, in the end, could create a few more explosive plays that might make the difference. I've seen more full games when it comes to SJB, so maybe I'd lean a little toward them, but wouldn't be surprised to see Allen beat them. But if I had to pick at this stage, SJB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Thanks, dude!

Ok, uh, I'd like to thank the Academy, the whole PrepGridiron family, my agent, THS for tabulating the scores, ECHS for picking the games, my mom, my dad (music starts playing), crap, uh, my beautiful wife Amy. I love you honey, without you none of this would have been possible. Dare to dream!

I don't know who's responsible for the trophy avatar, but it's a great touch. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

CalPreps beat myself and ECHS by virtue of tie breaker in the weird head to head playoff format we went with this season.

Looks like it's leading overall as of now as well.

Who's gonna impersonate the computer if it wins the overall? 

And does it get a trophy of its own? 

45 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Psssh. Man. Putting me on the spot. I think Allen's more experienced in spots, which would help them in a closer game. I like the Allen OL, too. I think SJB's overall team speed is better, which, in the end, could create a few more explosive plays that might make the difference. I've seen more full games when it comes to SJB, so maybe I'd lean a little toward them, but wouldn't be surprised to see Allen beat them. But if I had to pick at this stage, SJB.

Do you hear that, TX?

That's from the keyboard of the Champ himself. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Do you remember the last time you bet me in the Cali vs. Texas battle as I was the one Texan that called you out.  How did that workout? 

I think it was this little team out in Euless Texas vs. the Harlem Globetrotters of NorCal.  What's that DLS lost:   We good here in Texas with our little football teams.  We want no part of the Trinity League and SJB would name the score from Katy to Allen Texas across this vast Mecca of HS football.  Me and the Other 50k Texans will just have to settle into the Best Stadium in America and watch our Sorry State Champs and be thankful that SJB does not reside here.  Imagine the carnage they would wreck.  We saw what the Last Cali Open Champ did to us out in Mansfield, TX.  When we are called out it usually doesn't end well for the Screamers.  #IRespectCali

Again I am 8 miles From Allen Stadium I watch them yearly and again this is the most complete Allen Team this decade.  Can they lose of course it's Texas over 6 weeks.  They have the best Defensive Team ever for them.  A well balanced team that can run or pass and mostly beat you down with depth.  They rotate their line throughout the game.    And Lastly these guys says hello.

YOU HAVE TO BRING ASS TO GET ASS.  B| On behalf of Texas we thank you for honoring us in your mythical chest bumping. 

Image result for euless trinity vs dls

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Do you remember the last time you bet me in the Cali vs. Texas battle as I was the one Texan that called you out.  How did that workout? 

I think it was this little team out in Euless Texas vs. the Harlem Globetrotters of NorCal.  What's that DLS lost:   We good here in Texas with out little football teams.  We want no part of the Trinity League and SJB would name the score from Katy to Allen Texas across this vast Mecca of HS football.  Me and the Other 50k Texans will just have to settle into the Best Stadium in America and watch our Sorry State Champs and be thankful that SJB does not reside here.  Imagine the carnage they would wreck.  We saw what the Last Cali Open Champ did to us out in Mansfield, TX.  When we are called out it usually doesn't end well for the Screamers.  #IRespectCali

Again I am 8 miles From Allen Stadium I watch them yearly and again this is the most complete Allen Team this decade.  Can they lose of course it's Texas over 6 weeks.  They have the best Defensive Team ever for them.  A well balanced team that can run or pass and mostly beat you down with depth.  They rotate their line throughout the game.    And Lastly these guys says hello.

YOU HAVE TO BRING ASS TO GET ASS.  B| On behalf of Texas we thank you for honoring us in your mythical chest bumping. 

Image result for euless trinity vs dls

I'm a big fan of TX football. 

But you yourself should know that it's hard to win on the road against top OOS teams. 

I'm sure I'm missing games, because I'm going from memory, and maybe TX will help me out, but going back to 2012, TX has a losing record against top OOS teams on the road.

Allen, ET, and CH are a combined 1-4 when they travel to top-100 rated OOS schools. 

So ET's win over DLS was a good one, but it doesn't prove much about who has the better teams at the top, and it's not gonna help us decide whether SJB should be favored over Allen on a neutral field. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm a big fan of TX football. 

But you yourself should know that it's hard to win on the road against top OOS teams. 

I'm sure I'm missing games, because I'm going from memory, and maybe TX will help me out, but going back to 2012, TX has a losing record against top OOS teams on the road.

Allen, ET, and CH are a combined 2-4 when they travel to top-100 rated OOS schools. 

So ET's win over DLS was a good one, but it doesn't prove much about who has the better teams at the top, and it's not gonna help us decide whether SJB should be favored over Allen on a neutral field. 

CH never travelled and played anyone they lost to BTW and BG in Texas.  ET beat Ark Bentonville on the Road and lost in OT to Bellevue and to Tulsa Union this year.  Allen has never lost an OOS game Beating DF SC runner ups/ECA & Hoover both State Champs in La. and Al.   SLC beat Union in Union and lost at home last year and went 3-1 against them in a 4 game home and home.  Texas does get the advantage of playing at home more often than not.  But have proven their mettle on the road.  ET is 1-1 vs Union.  Desoto is 2-0 vs Jenks and Union. 

• Thanks 1