Congrats to the prepgridiron pick em playoff champion

Ararar

54 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Who's gonna impersonate the computer if it wins the overall? 

And does it get a trophy of its own? 

Actually, I don't like the computer being in the pick em as if it's a participating member of the board. 

I don't mind keeping track of it's record on the same games, but it shouldn't be an actual member of the pick em when it can't be a member of the board. 

3 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Thanks, dude!

Ok, uh, I'd like to thank the Academy, the whole PrepGridiron family, my agent, THS for tabulating the scores, ECHS for picking the games, my mom, my dad (music starts playing), crap, uh, my beautiful wife Amy. I love you honey, without you none of this would have been possible. Dare to dream!

I LOLd. Congrats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is great football across America and I am happy that we get these Inter-State matchups.  it surely opens eyes to how good others play this sport,  I remember the Allen vs. DF game and many were shocked that a SC team was right there with Allen at the end.  But Texas has beaten many national top 100 teams.  And what's even revealing the Texas top team that loses OOS never is good enough to win State here and that doesn't happen most places whether they lost at home or on the road.  These are Texas Powerhouses that lost OOS.  SLC, ET, DESOTO, CEDAR HILL, SKYLINE yet not one of them won State here no matter what their preseason rankings were.  I would love for Texas to travel more and I don't accept the money excuse for 1 game OOS on the road.  ET - SLC seem to be the only powers that Travel at all.

Adam it was a compliment sir.  Congrats.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

CH never travelled and played anyone they lost to BTW and BG in Texas.  ET beat Ark Bentonville on the Road and lost in OT to Bellevue and to Tulsa Union this year.  Allen has never lost an OOS game Beating DF SC runner ups/ECA & Hoover both State Champs in La. and Al.   SLC beat Union in Union and lost at home last year and went 3-1 against them in a 4 game home and home.  Texas does get the advantage of playing at home more often than not.  But have proven their mettle on the road.  ET is 1-1 vs Union.  Desoto is 2-0 vs Jenks and Union. 

This is what I have from MP. Let me know if it's wrong. 

Since 2012, TX is 3-2 on the road against top-100 rated OOS teams.

ET is 1-2, with a win against Bentonville in 2013 and losses to Bellevue in 2012 and Union in 2017.

Allen is 1-0, with a win against Hoover in 2016.

SLC is 1-0. They beat Union in OK in 2014 and in 2015, but Union wasn't top-100 in 2015.

And DeSoto's wins against Jenks in 2012 and Union in 2013 were both in TX. 

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

This is what I have from MP. Let me know if it's wrong. 

Since 2012, TX is 3-2 on the road against top-100 rated OOS teams.

ET is 1-2, with a win against Bentonville in 2013 and losses to Bellevue in 2012 and Union in 2017.

Allen is 1-0, with a win against Hoover in 2016.

SLC is 1-0. They beat Union in OK in 2014 and in 2015, but Union wasn't top-100 in 2015.

And DeSoto's wins against Jenks in 2012 and Union in 2013 were both in TX. 

Allen played Hoover in Allen and ECA back to back last year.  I would dispute that on Union they lost 2x to Jenks and SLC.  Not like they lost to the lil sister of the poor in MobileHoma. 

Just now, DevilDog said:

It was a compliment xD.  Now pick the Texas 6A games and tell me who wins State in each Division to include the Final 4.  That is what makes Texas hard.  Allen and Katy are not guarantees here no matter how good their resumes are. 

I know, was just messing around.

Let's see with Texas.

In 6A-I I think form holds for the most part with Allen-Hendrickson-Katy-LT in the final four and Allen over Katy. Out of those four the one I'm most curious about is Hendrickson because I didn't expect them to beat Sachse like they did. So they're my darkhorse.

In 6A-II I like Waco Midway-Longview-Westlake-Cy Fair with Midway over Longview and Westlake over Cy Fair, then Midway over Westlake in the final. I'd kind of like to see Longview do it, though.

And yes, it's hard every year with Texas. That's why I usually rely on the posters from there for the info. I can mostly only catch highlights and sometimes the championship games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I remember.

And it was a bit ironic that he was fired for racism when he himself was named the Greek. 

I couldn't wait for this guy to do his picks.  Back then they couldn't talk point spread but he would sneak them in.  Yeah he said something that was silly but that destroyed him.   I don't think that dude was racist at all just got carried away and called the Redskin WR a lil Monkey.  What on second thought that was racist. LMAO

Just now, DevilDog said:

I couldn't wait for this guy to do his picks.  Back then they couldn't talk point spread but he would sneak them in.  Yeah he said something that was silly but that destroyed him.   I don't think that dude was racist at all just got carried away and called the Redskin WR a lil Monkey.  What on second thought that was racist. LMAO

I remember him, too. I mean, that was way before fantasy football, and it was one of the few national mediums where people who wanted to bet on the games could get an informed opinion. Nowadays, you can find guys who pick against the spread all over the internet, but most people just do fantasy, which I'm not as into.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The top 13 as of now with 2 weeks left I think. We won't be able to give an accurate count for every player because several dropped out after their playoff demise.

1 CalPreps 15 176
2 Omaha Vol 14 175
3 Adam Kurjian  15 175
4 echs05 13 174
5 Coletrain06 12 173
6 American Male 11 171
7 CCBlackhatter 9 168
8 954gator 11 165
9 Cat_Scratch 9 164
10 HawgGonelt 12 161
11 THS2011 12 158
12 Ararar   153
13 tommygun58 13 150

Now, let’s finish this and see who the overall champ is. It looks like 1-6 still have a shot. 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Allen played Hoover in Allen and ECA back to back last year.  I would dispute that on Union they lost 2x to Jenks and SLC.  Not like they lost to the lil sister of the poor in MobileHoma. 

I'm having a hard time. Hopefully I've got it right now.

Since 2012, TX is 2-2 against top-100 rated OOS teams on the road. 

ET is 1-2.

SLC is 1-0.

MP has Union falling just outside the top-100 (at 117) in 2015.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Actually, I don't like the computer being in the pick em as if it's a participating member of the board. 

I don't mind keeping track of it's record on the same games, but it shouldn't be an actual member of the pick em when it can't be a member of the board. 

I like keeping track of CP's results bc it provides evidence for or against CP as a rating system. 

I don't have a view on whether it should be eligible for the trophy. That's for you guys who play to fight over. 

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I like keeping track of CP's results bc it provides evidence for or against CP as a rating system. 

I don't have a view on whether it should be eligible for the trophy. That's for you guys who play to fight over. 

There seems to be evidence that those who love to proclaim that 'CP Sux' suck themselves at least a little bit more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I know, was just messing around.

Let's see with Texas.

In 6A-I I think form holds for the most part with Allen-Hendrickson-Katy-LT in the final four and Allen over Katy. Out of those four the one I'm most curious about is Hendrickson because I didn't expect them to beat Sachse like they did. So they're my darkhorse.

In 6A-II I like Waco Midway-Longview-Westlake-Cy Fair with Midway over Longview and Westlake over Cy Fair, then Midway over Westlake in the final. I'd kind of like to see Longview do it, though.

And yes, it's hard every year with Texas. That's why I usually rely on the posters from there for the info. I can mostly only catch highlights and sometimes the championship games.

I will assure your picks are just as accurate as mine and I live here and watch them.  I stated when I posted In the 1st round Playoff thread that we would have big upsets especially this year.  4A - 6A have the most top and competitive teams top to bottom in years.  I don't care about National hell I can't rank the Metroplex.  I just known what I see with my own eyes. Allen has the best team overall this year than any year and they could still lose.  This is their best Defense and offense is well rounded unlike the Murray teams.   I am hoping for ALLEN vs. KATY  that will be a crazy atmosphere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

There seems to be evidence that those who love to proclaim that 'CP Sux' suck themselves at least a little bit more.

I think the difference is that people do people things to make ground. Take additional risks etc. because emotion plays a role in their decision making process. 

The computer doesn't have a favorite team outside Cali or Nevada, so it will miss fewer games on emotion than humans that may like multiple teams from multiple states and find it hard to go against them.

I think that in general the top 10 all being within 11 games of each other considering 15-20 games picked each week over the course of almost 20 weeks, proves people and the computer pretty even given both have some faults. 

4 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@PrepGridiron

@The Comish

once aggain i have filed  a grievance against the Higher upers... I once again was exiled and was not invited to participate in said event. I motion to wipe clear 2017s winner since there was a inside job to exclude the best pickem user on this website from said pickem tourney...

Mr. LBT,

On behalf of the sub committee on Pickem equity, we acknowledge your complaint against said body.  While we understand that there may be an appearance of impropriety, the committee has been consistent in allowing all rank and file posters to participate in said contest.  

As Union Organizer, you are prohibited from participating in said contest due to your position in Management.  Just as the Chief and I cannot participate is said contest, sponsored by said committee.

Nevertheless your complaint will be reviewed and responded to in 4-6 months.

Thank you again for your concern, but please use proper protocol in the future and not direct your comments directly to the said Chief.

-The Comish

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Mr. LBT,

On behalf of the sub committee on Pickem equity, we acknowledge your complaint against said body.  While we understand that there may be an appearance of impropriety, the committee has been consistent in allowing all rank and file posters to participate in said contest.  

As Union Organizer, you are disqualified from participating in said contest due to your position in Management.  Just as the Chief and I cannot participate is said contest, sponsored by said committee.

Nevertheless your complaint will be reviewed and responded to in 4-6 months.

Thank you again for your concern, but please use proper protocol in the future and not direct your comments directly to the Chief.

-The Comish

When will you learn samantha... 

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the difference is that people do people things to make ground. Take additional risks etc. because emotion plays a role in their decision making process. 

The computer doesn't have a favorite team outside Cali or Nevada, so it will miss fewer games on emotion than humans that may like multiple teams from multiple states and find it hard to go against them.

I think that in general the top 10 all being within 11 games of each other considering 15-20 games picked each week over the course of almost 20 weeks, proves people and the computer pretty even given both have some faults. 

My point is that people say CP sucks, but it has done as good a job as any over the course of the year.

Whenever I lost a game as a kid, and was overheard saying the other team sucked, I was reminded they beat me, so what would that say about me.

We all sux!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

My point is that people say CP sucks, but it has done as good a job as any over the course of the year.

Whenever I lost a game as a kid, and was overheard saying the other team sucked, I was reminded they beat me, so what would that say about me.

We all sux!

CalPreps hasnt done this well in the past... Its been in the last 2 or 3... I remember the year before last they were in the middle. This is definitely the best its done.

Its really according to what regions you go to as to how well CP does. Its really come on the last 3-4 weeks as it wasnt even in the top 10 coming into the playoffs. It does pretty good on in-state games... It doesnt gamble, takes the safe pick.

It’s the top 25 we look at with a microscope and that’s mainly based on very little comparable data.  

Just how much should OOS games matter?   To Freeman, a lot... enough to adjust an entire state based on a tiny fraction of W-L OOs vs all games played in state by several points avg or so up or down.  

But Take 25.  A team of same name, different state beat them and rated much lower.  How does this team reach 25 in the country? 

Another example, BC 0-2 OOS.  How exactly does winning in state define a national 25 rating?  Are any other NJ schools rated in the 25?  

In state strong source.  National rating, an entertaining novelty that looks like a train wreck in the 25 currently.  Maybe 48 pct of the top 25 really do come from 2 states?  I’d rather think it’s just a date sensitive clusterfuck  until the last week is played but we’ll see. 

... and I beat Freeman for a 2 year period Oct 1 to end of year.  Few did.  Still irrelevant but why not mention it. :)