BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

41 minutes ago, Sppclassof97 said:

Rahkem is at Irvington now as well

I see a trend happening. Kids that are being told they are to small or not good enough to get this offer or that offer are going to public programs like West Orange, Newark West Side, and Irvington and getting the very offers they couldn't get at the privates. Actually the public school kids that aren't as talented as some of these private school kids are getting better offers. Rakem had nothing while at BC. Goes to Irvington and Immediately gets a D1 offer, which either means that the publics schools I mentioned are doing a better job selling their kids or the private school weren't selling the kid at all! 🤔 Quote me on this. As this trend continues the NJ privates will weaken and the Publics will begin to be the strength of the state. Kids will no longer pay to get what they can get for free at their local public schools.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I see a trend happening. Kids that are being told they are to small or not good enough to get this offer or that offer are going to public programs like West Orange, Newark West Side, and Irvington and getting the very offers they couldn't get at the privates. Actually the public school kids that aren't as talented as some of these private school kids are getting better offers. Rakem had nothing while at BC. Goes to Irvington and Immediately gets a D1 offer, which either means that the publics schools I mentioned are doing a better job selling their kids or the private school weren't selling the kid at all! 🤔 Quote me on this. As this trend continues the NJ privates will weaken and the Publics will begin to be the strength of the state. Kids will no longer pay to get what they can get for free at their local public schools.

I’ve been watching Irvington closely, those kids getting Alabama and high D1 offers, but the team only goes 7-4 ,

I’m hesitant to think the Public’s will take over when one of thier best teams in schools history can only beat Cranford by 1 point and struggle to go 500

these kids wanna play for the best teams in state, and if Publix’s want these kids their gonna have to actually beat a Private during regular season 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ve been watching Irvington closely, those kids getting Alabama and high D1 offers, but the team only goes 7-4 ,

I’m hesitant to think the Public’s will take over when one of thier best teams in schools history can only beat Cranford by 1 point and struggle to go 500

these kids wanna play for the best teams in state, and if Publix’s want these kids their gonna have to actually beat a Private during regular season 

No!, these kids want to go to school for free. Trust me when I tell you that inner city kids commute to privates because of the exposure it once provided. It all started when second tier guys from the inner city were going to the privates and becoming all Americans while the studs were staying home and ending up with nothing or flatout being an afterthought to the cooper regos, tony jones, and will hills of the world. It was at that point where the migration began to take place. Not just because the privates won but because they were getting the offers and qualifying. Kids are selfish these days. Its not about winning its about them being able to post offers and say they're lit. Those publics are attracting kids from the privates now. Stay tuned as another bigtime private will lose a undersized starter with no offers, and he'll go to westside and get the offers that alluded him at his current school.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Quality coach and this will be a big year for SJR LAX....in Gibbs division...high expectations.....great group of seniors and juniors...should be fun 

That sophomore Kross should be the next Giles Harris, I definitely see him playing at Duke or some High Level university down the road, should make a huge impact as an underclassmen 

a few yrs back, I looked at NJ's top 50 players to see how many of them were at DBP, SJR, BC, SPP, PC, DP, RBC, etc., and a lot weren't there

the following is a list of NJ-born kids who played in the NFL, which doesn't tell you where they went to HS, but you can guess that many didn't go to NJ Catholic powerhouses:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=NJ

Bayonne always had FBS/D-1A kids every yr.  Recent NFLers:  Kenny Britt, Dannan Hughes, Jamaal Lord

Passaic, Paterson (2) , Montclair, Snyder, Lincoln, N. Bergen, Hackensack, Teaneck.  The list goes on

45 minutes ago, Testadura said:

a few yrs back, I looked at NJ's top 50 players to see how many of them were at DBP, SJR, BC, SPP, PC, DP, RBC, etc., and a lot weren't there

the following is a list of NJ-born kids who played in the NFL, which doesn't tell you where they went to HS, but you can guess that many didn't go to NJ Catholic powerhouses:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=NJ

Bayonne always had FBS/D-1A kids every yr.  Recent NFLers:  Kenny Britt, Dannan Hughes, Jamaal Lord

Passaic, Paterson (2) , Montclair, Snyder, Lincoln, N. Bergen, Hackensack, Teaneck.  The list goes on

Hudson County has a long list of guys that played professionally. Add in the fact that HC was always a hotbed of basketball talent, the list of athletes is outstanding.

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That sophomore Kross should be the next Giles Harris, I definitely see him playing at Duke or some High Level university down the road, should make a huge impact as an underclassmen 

ok there is no other JT Giles Harris....number one...Nico is good....Travis Alderton..current LSM senior going to St Joes University is the closest version of JT.  big strong, fast, aggressive....great ball skills...etc.   

7 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

DePaul released their 2020 schedule on northjersey.com.  They’re playing an OOS game as well - I couldn’t read the whole article but figured I’d give everyone a heads up.

2020 schedule

Friday, Aug. 28 vs. Paramus Catholic

Friday, Sept. 4 vs. Erasmus Hall (NY)

Saturday, Sept. 12 at Seton Hall Prep

Friday, Sept. 18 at Don Bosco Prep

Friday, Sept. 25 vs. Pope John

Friday, Oct. 2 at St. Peter’s Prep

Bye

Friday, Oct. 16: vs. St. Joseph Regional

Friday, Oct. 23: vs. Delbarton

Saturday, Oct. 31: at Bergen Catholic

23 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

No!, these kids want to go to school for free. Trust me when I tell you that inner city kids commute to privates because of the exposure it once provided. It all started when second tier guys from the inner city were going to the privates and becoming all Americans while the studs were staying home and ending up with nothing or flatout being an afterthought to the cooper regos, tony jones, and will hills of the world. It was at that point where the migration began to take place. Not just because the privates won but because they were getting the offers and qualifying. Kids are selfish these days. Its not about winning its about them being able to post offers and say they're lit. Those publics are attracting kids from the privates now. Stay tuned as another bigtime private will lose a undersized starter with no offers, and he'll go to westside and get the offers that alluded him at his current school.

Is that starter from saint peters prep . :( I have a feeling I know who it is feel bad for this kid.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:40 PM, SJR 04 said:

Very good point