BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

On 1/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, Mickeybern said:

It's so true.because Bergen wrestles a national schedule it doesn't accumulate enough power points and is always seeded between 4 & 8..they have won States 8 years in row and very rarely have a home playoff match..same will happen this year. They will have to go to Morristown to beat Delbarton. They have done that the last 4 or 5 years in a row but this year I believe Delbarton has the edge. 

Bosco forfeited 7 weights against Bergen tonight. That’s embarrassing. 

10 hours ago, bc3 said:

Bosco forfeited 7 weights against Bergen tonight. That’s embarrassing. 

not surprising the program over there is in bad shape..to show you how bad Will Grater transferred from DBP to BC for his senior year. Who does that??  It's a shame in many respects because 5-6 years ago it used to be a marquee match up now DBP has become a laughingstock..

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

care to expand? 

I mean I don't know all the details but after BC beat Blair at the Who's #1 tournament at BC Blair's coach Antonelli said they wouldn't wrestle Bergen at that tournament anymore. They then handed an ultimatum to FloWrestling saying basically choose between Bergen & us with regards to the tournament, even though Coach Bell was the driving force behind it's creation. I don't know what caused all this animosity but my thinking is that the rise of BC (and now Delbarton) has put competitive pressure on Blair's marquee program in it's own backyard. Does Robert Howard go to Bergen 10 years ago or to Blair? The answer is simple, he wouldn't be in Oradell.  This has forced Blair to be more aggressive in recruiting from out of state. California just passed a rule not allowing their teams to wrestle at tournaments against schools who don't wrestle in their home state's state tournament. This rule is clearly aimed at Blair (and Wyoming Seminary) who recruited and was able to get Dominick Mata (Cal State Champ) to transfer from Poway to Blair. Although Blair is a boarding school and they have always recruited nationally, depending on the year their wrestling roster is usually between 40-60% NJ and eastern PA. They had the playing field to themselves and now they have to share. This is my take on the situation and I have heard this theory bandied about by other local wrestling fans.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

not surprising the program over there is in bad shape..to show you how bad Will Grater transferred from DBP to BC for his senior year. Who does that??  It's a shame in many respects because 5-6 years ago it used to be a marquee match up now DBP has become a laughingstock..

things ebb and flow

most of those guys don't have much upstairs, and so, the more you bring into your school so that you're laughed at less, the lower the school's IQ goes

tough balance

1 hour ago, SJR 04 said:

I'll tell you this... if he's high on their board and he sees legit opportunity they'd have just as good a chance to land him as Rutgers or Penn State. Recruiter is a jersey guy with a few nj kids signed already. 

You know what’s scary, we’re about to go from 5 RBs, 

to just Audric and Abraham

then the following year we lose the best RB in the state  and will have 0 RBs

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You know what’s scary, we’re about to go from 5 RBs, 

to just Audric and Abraham

then the following year we lose the best RB in the state  and will have 0 RBs

No, you guys have A kid named Devin who ran the best lazor time on last years team as a soph, and Luke Tucci who will be a soph. Danny will have to attract another every down back to be a workhorse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

God damnit, where the fuxk is img when you need them

• Haha 1

IOqFcWNg_bigger.jpg

thank u coaches that have showed me and my family nothing but love, support and respect. You all have great academic and football programs. This decision was difficult. My family and I have decided that I will be attending Bergen Catholic to continue my education @coachvito_bc

9:14 PM · Feb 1, 2020·Twitter for iPhone