BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

7 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

well SJR89 is being optimistic in my book...not criticizing his optimism for Lord knows I hope he is right it is just that I think it will be to difficult for the administrators to allow a contact sport like football when you are reducing class instruction in order to allow for social distancing.. Look, the way I see it, if I were a president of one of these schools would I risk my job and the possibility of a Covid outbreak which would further reduce my ability to provide the real thing the institution is suppose to, Education?  The answer is no! Teaneck started, the other publics will begin to fall in line and the political pressure will be to much for the Admins at the privates to repel. I believe they will cancel soon after school starts. Just my opinion, I have no inside info.

@SJR89 is usually the opposite, he’s the last one I expected optimism,

if I was president, I’d look at how I get the most money from donors And alumni? By winning football games, and if your not playing those game that donor money doesn’t exist 

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@SJR89 is usually the opposite, he’s the last one I expected optimism,

if I was president, I’d look at how I get the most money from donors And alumni? By winning football games, and if your not playing those game that donor money doesn’t exist 

Money is involved but there is also a lot of money in tuition and non-athletic giving. Many of the privates are inundated with applications because of their more enhanced capabilities to deliver an education remotely. Athletics are an important part but you are selling education first and foremost. Alumni giving will always be there, it's a Pandemic for crying out loud. One athlete gets sick (for however he got it) and trust me the Karen's and Kevin's will be all over Facebook trashing the school and the administration. I can hear it now, " I paid $ 20000 so my kid could learn and now they have to learn remotely because they just had to play sports". This is NY/NJ Good Boy!   Remember it is not friggin Georgia or Missouri.

6 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Mickeybern

@SJR89

@SJR 04

@GardenStateBaller

im not in the loop, with college football closing shop and public’s too, what’s the outlook for our private brothers, I don’t see how we can have a season when colleges shut theirs down

Season 100% will be pushed back to April. They will announce it within the next two weeks. VERY RELIABLE SOURCE

• Sad 2

Audric & Geno want to play together in college...as evident that they both have Rutgers, Nebraska, Mich State and ASU in both of their of there TOP 6 schools....if Schiano & Auggie can get both of them ...both 4 stars with both possibly getting to 5 stars would be the two biggest recruits ever for RU ....period whether in NJ or out........

3 hours ago, SJR89 said:

Audric & Geno want to play together in college...as evident that they both have Rutgers, Nebraska, Mich State and ASU in both of their of there TOP 6 schools....if Schiano & Auggie can get both of them ...both 4 stars with both possibly getting to 5 stars would be the two biggest recruits ever for RU ....period whether in NJ or out........

And the Knights will still go 2-10 regardless. RU does send many to The League though. That’s their saving grace. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Trixter said:

And the Knights will still go 2-10 regardless. RU does send many to The League though. That’s their saving grace. 

as previously mentioned...this is a 10 year year plan for RU and we will see immediate improvement in terms of talent, recruiting and yes wins....within 3yrs they will be in the middle of the big ten pack and fighting for a bowl spot....

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

as previously mentioned...this is a 10 year year plan for RU and we will see immediate improvement in terms of talent, recruiting and yes wins....within 3yrs they will be in the middle of the big ten pack and fighting for a bowl spot....

If a 6-5 record and a bowl invite is the ultimate goal, so be it. They’ll never ever be a Top 25 team. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Trixter said:

If a 6-5 record and a bowl invite is the ultimate goal, so be it. They’ll never ever be a Top 25 team. 

so new guy gets on starts running his mouth....oh boy.....once again...Schiano signed a 10 year contract ....with the goal to win a national championship by the end of his contract.  period.  loftly goal but he has previously delivered at RU....he has put a together a top notch staff which has already paid dividends in recruiting....so just to review -  better recruits / win more games / get in bowls game within 3 years / get into top 25 / top 10/  National championship......that is his blueprint --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, SJR89 said:

so new guy gets on starts running his mouth....oh boy.....once again...Schiano signed a 10 year contract ....with the goal to win a national championship by the end of his contract.  period.  loftly goal but he has previously delivered at RU....he has put a together a top notch staff which has already paid dividends in recruiting....so just to review -  better recruits / win more games / get in bowls game within 3 years / get into top 25 / top 10/  National championship......that is his blueprint --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all honesty I’m a D3 fan. 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

Kudos to the HC in NY 

understands kids gonna have to transfer to play football 

@HawgGoneIt get ready for some nation wide transfers as more schools close up shop

We have no schedule or idea what’s going on and kids are looking for some type of hope or plan right now,‘' said Neville, who will be entering his fifth season as head coach during the 2020-21 school year. “New Jersey has a plan and I can’t blame anyone (for looking to play elsewhere).‘'

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Kudos to the HC in NY 

understands kids gonna have to transfer to play football 

@HawgGoneIt get ready for some nation wide transfers as more schools close up shop

We have no schedule or idea what’s going on and kids are looking for some type of hope or plan right now,‘' said Neville, who will be entering his fifth season as head coach during the 2020-21 school year. “New Jersey has a plan and I can’t blame anyone (for looking to play elsewhere).‘'

Don't come to Rockdale county, Dougherty County or Clayton county. Expect that list to grow longer as well. 

xD

1 hour ago, Trixter said:

In all honesty I’m a D3 fan. Go Fighting Scots!

Just for the record.....I believe Trixter is that.....I think only one person on this forum knows where I played lacrosse in college and that fact " Trixter " just mentioned my schools nickname,,,is very interesting and will only like 8 posts to his name......I therefore believe Trixter to be non only then Gardenstateballer

@GardenStateBaller

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

PC has a NYC football team. Atleast 10-11 transfers as we speak. Brought in a coach with NYC ties who is actively bringing in NYC talent. Should be interesting.

I should be paid by the star ledger --- article about Audric and Geno looking to play together in college day after my post -- maybe they read the thread and finally realized they both had 4 of the same for top 6

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2020/08/st-josephs-blue-chip-4-star-tandem-could-land-at-same-school-rutgers-michigan-state-in-the-mix.html

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I should be paid by the star ledger --- article about Audric and Geno looking to play together in college day after my post -- maybe they read the thread and finally realized they both had 4 of the same for top 6

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2020/08/st-josephs-blue-chip-4-star-tandem-could-land-at-same-school-rutgers-michigan-state-in-the-mix.html

Can you copy and paste article 

star ledge got me fucked up if they think I’m paying $100 a year maybe throw in streaming service to the subscription 

St. Joseph’s blue-chip, 4-star tandem could land at same school | Rutgers, Michigan State in the mix

Updated 2:26 PM; Today 1:30 PM
Geno VandeMark (73).

Geno VandeMark (73) is a four-star recruit.

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, N.J.) boasts two four-star recruits and two of the top six players in the NJ.com Top 50: running back Audric Estime and offensive tackle Geno VanDeMark. The tandem could end up attending the same school and they have four schools in common within their respective top six lists.

“Our top six lists both share Michigan State, Rutgers, Arizona State, and Nebraska,” VanDeMark said. “We talk about going to school together very often.”

Michigan State

Hun (Princeton, N.J.) class of 2021 offensive lineman and NJ.com Top 50 member Kevin Wigenton II, whom Rutgers didn’t pursue, has been recruiting VanDeMark and Estime hard. And it’s apparently paid off.

What they said

“They have a fun new staff, I have a great relationship with O-line coach coach [Chris Kapilovic] and I feel a good vibe from the place,” VanDeMark said.

“They are a great historical program that is known to have big backs, like me, that are successful. And I have a great relationship with the staff and the running backs coach. They’ve been on me since they got the job at Michigan State, and I’ve been their top guy.”

Sign up for Rutgers Sports Insider: Get exclusive news, behind-the-scenes observations and the ability to text message directly with beat writers

Rutgers

Rutgers’ biggest draw is running backs coach Augie Hoffmann, who helped develop both players while serving as head coach of the Green Knights until last Winter.

What they said

“It’s obviously close to home, I have family ties, the potential to play early, and it has a great business school. And I have great relationship within the staff,” VanDeMark said.

“Rutgers is in the state where I play football and that would be cool to keep on doing it and have my family at all my games. Also, they have a great staff with head coach Greg Schiano, who is known for breeding NFL guys and making them better people when they are done. And with my old head coach there as the running backs coach, I know I would be in really good hands,” Estime said.

Arizona State

Both players could compete immediately at ASU, which boasts various freshmen and sophomores who have yet to establish themselves at their positions.

What they said

“They have a strong NFL pedigree, awesome football tradition, and I love their offensive scheme. It’s a beautiful place,” VanDeMark said.

“Arizona State is a great school with an electric offense,” Estime said. “They also have a great staff most of which came from the NFL. And that’s my goal -- to get to the highest level. So, I know If I go there, they would help me achieve that goal and become a better man on and off the field.”

Nebraska

The tradition at Nebraska looms large for both players as they ascend upon their final high school campaigns.

What they said

“I have a great relationship with their O-line coach, coach [Greg] Austin. Plus, they have an incredible tradition and elite business school,” VanDeMark said.

“They have great coaches that I have really good relationships with,” Estime said. “They were one of the first schools to recruit me early sophomore year and they have some coaches on their staff that are also Jersey guys.”

Synopsis: Being that both players have offers from these four schools gives them an edge. But VanDeMark and Estime could just as easily end up at separate institutions. Michigan State and Rutgers are perceived as two of the top choices at this time, and the Spartans are perceived to have really come on. However, both players are still open to all schools and haven’t confirmed announcement dates. So, we’ll just have to wait and see if the blue chips stay home or take their talents out of state.

Get Rutgers Sports Insider text messages from reporters: Cut through the clutter of social media and communicate directly with the Rutgers beat writers. Plus, exclusive news and analysis every day. Sign up now.

Tell us your coronavirus story or send a tip here.

Please subscribe now and support the local journalism YOU rely on and trust.

Todderick Hunt may be reached at thunt@njadvancemedia.com.

Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.

• Thanks 1