US Government?

RedZone

What government?

xD

I really enjoyed listening to Paul Ryan yesterday on his high horse speaking all holier than thou about Democrats going to cause a government shut down after he and his party did it previously. More than once i think. So much ridiculousness going on up there that I can't even remember. 

November can't get here quick enough. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What government?

xD

I really enjoyed listening to Paul Ryan yesterday on his high horse speaking all holier than thou about Democrats going to cause a government shut down after he and his party did it previously. More than once i think. So much ridiculousness going on up there that I can't even remember. 

the shutdown is being caused by the inability of the republicans to govern, it has nothing to do with democrats

what opie, ryan is saying is that the dems won't go along with what the spoiled fat child, the gop wants. with 51 votes in the senate, the gop only has to compromise enough to gain 9 lousy votes

but, like any fat kid, they want to eat the entire cake themselves and will not give the smallest slice away. 

as a result, no cake for anybody

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, noonereal said:

the shutdown is being caused by the inability of the republicans to govern, it has nothing to do with democrats

what opie, ryan is saying is that the dems won't go along with what the spoiled fat child, the gop wants. with 51 votes in the senate, the gop only has to compromise enough to gain 9 lousy votes

but, like any fat kid, they want to eat the entire cake themselves and will not give the smallest slice away. 

as a result, no cake for anybody

The GOP idea failed party. This is the last time you will see those fat, old, white dudes in power again. 

43 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Nobama smiled when the govt shut down on his watch...He let that happen to hurt Republicans and vets coulf not visit nam memorial... Oh, and all those on welfare,food stamps etc will still get your checks and all employees will get you Turkeys and back pay...Chuck Schumer, hopefully has a bad accident.... BAD FAR LEFTY????FAMILY WERE TOO?...Some ill informed far leftists on this board......NG

why do you revert to past actions when confront with a current crisis?

Why do you bring up Obie today when he has nothing to do with this situation?

(rhetorical questions should make one think) 

--------------------------------

I do agree, a shutdown should be a shutdown. Period. Because guess what, if every government check stopped with no retroactive crap, we would have no shutdowns. And if we did, politicians might well pay with more than just losing a vote. 

Seems this swamp draining is the least of Trump's accomplishments, doesn't it? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Noon, only for context and the fact that I despise nobama's philosophy of Marxism and all that it means to America...

maybe keep the context relevant to the post? 

You probably have not noticed but I am no Obie apologist. I simply do not view him from a radical wingnut perspective. Same with Trump. I do not view him through the jaundice eyes of the left loonies. Hence I get cra% from both the right and left depending on the subject. 

It's a bitc# being a true centrist, you have no tribe. 

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What government?

xD

trump whiffed on a perfectly good bill and now nobody knows what he wants because he doesn't know what he wants. He's flop flopped so much everyone is dizzy dumb...

With the shutdown  in 2013, a resolution was passed that allowed the military to be paid, although new activities were limited and non essential personnel were exempt from duty.

this year, no resolution was passed, so the active duty military will not be paid until the government is up and running!  Many folks are deployed, like my son in law, and is expected to do his duty in harms way, until a budget is passed....sad

https://www.militarytimes.com/

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

With the shutdown  in 2013, a resolution was passed that allowed the military to be paid, although new activities were limited and non essential personnel were exempt from duty.

this year, no resolution was passed, so the active duty military will not be paid until the government is up and running!  Many folks are deployed, like my son in law, and is expected to do his duty in harms way, until a budget is passed....sad

https://www.militarytimes.com/

But the people like @Drummer61 will continue to collect fake disability payments from the VA while the troops won't get paid. What a joke. 

10 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

But the people like @Drummer61 will continue to collect fake disability payments from the VA while the troops won't get paid. What a joke. 

I'm a retiree myself and we will get paid bc funds come from a different source, but I hate that our active duty folks will not be paid until this is resolved.  It's not a good situation nor look.

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm a retiree myself and we will get paid bc funds come from a different source, but I hate that our active duty folks will not be paid until this is resolved.  It's not a good situation nor look.

isn't this the kind of cra% trump was sent to washington to fix?

another failed promise, the only one that both left and right was looking forward to

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, noonereal said:

isn't this the kind of cra% trump was sent to washington to fix?

another failed promise, the only one that both left and right was looking forward to

Some people act as those these things are no big deal, but the impact can be pretty large, training and readiness is impacted, especially planning as things have to be postponed or in some cases cancelled altogether.  The service chiefs have stated this several times....

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That is fine with me. I am more referring to douche canoes like @Drummer61 who are living on disability via fake claims. 

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

Ignorance a la Nooner

The shutdown is a result of the need for 60 votes in the Senate and the Dems holding our entire nation hostage in favor of non-citizens.

• Thanks 1