Old 2018 OOS Game Thread --- See New One

ECHS05

1 hour ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I never mentioned my own school as this is about GA.Β 

But now that you bring it up, Folsom has 2-3 teams on their schedule that are better than every team in the entire state of GA.Β 

Tell us how you acquired this info... What GA teams have you watched... And are you aware GA has essentially the same amount of FBS signees as CA now...

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

When all is said and done I expect the MD/DC powers toΒ be playing the likes of IMG, Christian Brothers Catholic, Hoover, MC, STA and Marietta. That's six teams from the 2017 Top 325 and four from the Top 50.Β 

Marietta lost 5 games, but 4 of them were without their 4* QB (#2 ranked Pro-QB in 2020 class)

The 1 they did lose with him was the 51-41 shootout with North Gwinnett in the Quarters.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

They have some athletes, but had a disappointingΒ early exit from the second smallest classification playoffs in Missouri, which is mind-boggling. Then they agreed to play Colquitt next year...and since then their coach left the program.

Β 

They lost to Lutheran North 48-46 in the playoffs... Lutheran North will be playing La Salle, so it'll be interesting to see how well each MO team does.

Trinity definitely has a lot of athletes... Looked like LN ran a WingT type offense, and Trinity struggled on D. They seemed to do better vs more balanced offenses.

Colquitt should win handily, but TC will score IMO. They were putting up a lot of points every game. They have too many athletes not to score.

However, Colquitt can run the ball well...with Ty Leggett and Daijun Edwards both returning at RB..,

My prediction would be 45-21.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Β 

They lost to Lutheran North 48-46 in the playoffs... Lutheran North will be playing La Salle, so it'll be interesting to see how well each MO team does.

Trinity definitely has a lot of athletes... Looked like LN ran a WingT type offense, and Trinity struggled on D. They seemed to do better vs more balanced offenses.

Colquitt should win handily, but TC will score IMO. They were putting up a lot of points every game. They have too many athletes not to score.

However, Colquitt can run the ball well...with Ty Leggett and Daijun Edwards both returning at RB..,

My prediction would be 45-21.

How many miles will trinity travel by bus to play Colquitt on the Road

Β 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

When all is said and done I expect the MD/DC powers toΒ be playing the likes of IMG, Christian Brothers Catholic, Hoover, MC, STA and Marietta. That's six teams from the 2017 Top 325 and four from the Top 50.Β 

AlsoΒ HD Woodson at Martinsburg on 8/31, not quite a top-level matchup but should be a good game. Woodson at St. Ed's the following week.

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Why was Buford borderline desperate to get south Pointe to travel to Buford after originally agreeing to travel to South Pointe?Β 

Don't think is "desperate" is the word. More like we didn't have practice or a game prior SouthΒ Pointe due to ICEmaggeddon, "SP wouldΒ  you be so kind enough to travel to Buford and here's some cash for your trouble."Β  Lack of preparation showed. Tip my hat to SP.

image.jpeg.20f7f70d1dfec1dbccdd5eab1f9fb5f2.jpeg

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Surprised no one from Texas has commented on their TAPPs State Champ hosting Greater Atl. Christian from GA.Β 

GAC is a perennial Top 5 3A team. Obviously its 3A but I wouldnt underestimate GAC. They are always right there as a contender for the 3A title.

Β 

Probably because it's not on the radar for top oos games for Texas. There are probably 5-10Β oos teams ranked higher than GACΒ 

edit. I found 5 teams already that Texas is playing better than GAC.Β 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Also I don't think Texans care about a TAPPS team playing a 3A state title participant who lost to a Colorado 2nd round loser.Β 

Doesn't really tickle the nuggiesΒ 

2nd rd loser ... Meh

Its Valor Christian, they are always a top CO team. They also lost by 6, it was a good game. VC was still ranked #2 in Colorado.

I doubt GAC beats Prestonwood Christian, but I wouldnt go in overlooking them.