2018 OOS Game List By State (New)

ECHS05

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Also remember Bishop Gorman even paid for Miami Central hotel when the hurricane hit so they stayed like 2 days extra

Β 

I'm sure if a team like colquitt or lowndes tried to work with bishop gorman and wanted to play they could figure it out which tells me that they likely have made no attempt to secure a game with them

We were in talks with Bishop Gorman in 2016. They weren't willing to travel and the negotiation ended there.

We booked AHP instead.

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We were in talks with Bishop Gorman in 2016. They weren't willing to travel and the negotiation ended there.

We booked AHP instead.

Hey @GardenStateBaller, you got some connects in sin city. What would it take for BG to travel to the South? Because they seem like they want no parts of this southern heat lol. They can travel to Jersey and Texas, but not GA or FL? Hmmm.....

12 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We booked AHP instead.

Gorman wouldn't pay colquitt travel bill?Β 

Β 

Way i see it if they pay your entire travel bill you wouldn't lose any more money then the mandatory travel for District gamesΒ 

Β 

Just curiousΒ 

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Hey @GardenStateBaller, you got some connects in sin city. What would it take for BG to travel to the South? Because they seem like they want no parts of this southern heat lol. They can travel to Jersey and Texas, but not GA or FL? Hmmm.....

My guess is that Gorman makes more money hosting and paying a travel bill to FL teams than it would cost to fly there

Β 

As for GA I'm surprised, i guess GA don't offer enough money to peak Gorman interest and aren't paid enough by Gorman to travel themselvesΒ 

Β 

Game needs a 3rd party to ease costs I'm guessing(like ESPN)Β 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

AHP bused it 6.5 hrs each way to Moultrie. That was a muchΒ easierΒ trip compared to what BG would've had to undertake. Another example of how much easier it is for teams from bordering states to visit the SOWEGA region for these games.Β 

Couldn't a 3rd party corporation (like ones that do kickoff specials convince both to face off)

Edited by Columbiafan

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BG would've had to fly five hours, then bus it three hours to their final destination. Wasn'tΒ worth it. And may never be.Β 

Guess Gorman will have to offer more money to get GA to come to them

Β 

Or maybe play a Atlanta team (like Grayson perhaps) where it wouldn't be as long a bus ride after landingΒ 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

BG would've had to fly five hours, then bus it three hours to their final destination. Wasn'tΒ worth it. And may never be.Β 

It's smazing how many don't understand the Logistics of setting up these games!

they say play or are you s Pus... if you don't play

they should try what you do

job well done πŸ˜€

• Thanks 1

GA home gameΒ net profitsΒ far exceedΒ what any OOS team could ever offer in terms of a travel stipend.Β 

Yeah but don't they have to travel for a few games on their scheduleΒ 

Β 

And how does valdosta and Camden County do it but colquitt and lowndes can't?Β 

Β 

I thought valdosta and Camden also have good fanbases but that hasn't held them back from traveling for games

5 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

It's smazing how many don't understand the Logistics of setting up these games!

they say play or are you s Pus... if you don't play

they should try what you do

job well done πŸ˜€

I understand logistics but i don't understand how ones similar can do it but others can'tΒ 

Β 

What is different between colquitt and lowndes vs valdosta and Camden CountyΒ 

Β 

All have good fan bases who fill stadiumΒ 

Β 

All seemingly invest a lot into football programΒ 

Β 

However 2 will travel pretty often while 2 others rarleyΒ travel

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Which two travel often to non-bordering states? IMO none of the four aboveΒ have traveledΒ significantly of late other than Valdosta vs Chandler a few years back.Β 

Maybe not much on non bordering but if I saw correctly lowndes has never left the state and when last time colquitt did

Β 

At least valdosta and Camden County have both done home and homeΒ 

Β 

I just don't understand what's different that keeps those 2 from traveling when 2 similar schools can without too much troubleΒ 

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I understand logistics but i don't understand how ones similar can do it but others can'tΒ 

Β 

What is different between colquitt and lowndes vs valdosta and Camden CountyΒ 

Β 

All have good fan bases who fill stadiumΒ 

Β 

All seemingly invest a lot into football programΒ 

Β 

However 2 will travel pretty often while 2 others rarleyΒ travel

First it takes the opening in the schedule then the right schools talking to each other.

then how will this impact MY budget.

now a possible agreement and will be signed until aΒ better deal comes alongΒ 

home/away deals are the best πŸ˜€

Just now, hardhit1 said:

First it takes the opening in the schedule then the right schools talking to each other.

then how will this impact MY budget.

now a possible agreement and will be signed until s better deal comes alongΒ 

home/away deals are the best πŸ˜€

Camden County usually signs home and home series with teams they play

Β 

I believe valdosta same wayΒ 

Β 

What I'm asking is how do some GA teams able to do that but others can't?

Β 

Valdosta and Camden County get some good crowds too, couldn't be making too much less than colquitt or lowndesΒ 

I have no problem w GA and TX preferring only to hostΒ top-TierΒ OOS opponents. It's better than nothing!Β 

Yes when they are top tier I'm good with it

Β 

Like when Grayson hosted IMGΒ 

Β 

like when Colquitt hosted AHPΒ 

Β 

Now i did have issues with morons like rab bragging about playing close with AHPΒ 

Β 

Idgaf if it's close,Β  loss is loss and you were at home, if you got home advantage like they have and get blown out you have no business claiming yourself as eliteΒ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Camden County usually signs home and home series with teams they play

Β 

I believe valdosta same wayΒ 

Β 

What I'm asking is how do some GA teams able to do that but others can't?

Β 

Valdosta and Camden County get some good crowds too, couldn't be making too much less than colquitt or lowndesΒ 

It's the program/ HC/ school district priority to schedule as they see the needΒ